home

Author Topic: [AoS] 100 Points SCGT  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Jobume

• Members
[AoS] 100 Points SCGT
« on: March 03, 2016, 11:11:03 PM »
Hi everyone. Not sure if its okay to post an AoS army list here or if it should be in the AoS-forum, but I'll just go ahead. I'm playing scenario 2 from the SCGT2016 pack tomorrow, and I'm trying to come up with a good list of 100 points. The scenario has six objectives and you score victory points every round if you control more objectives than your opponent. So I decided to go with an infantry heavy force. However, I am a bit worried that it lacks the synergies required to make a strong AoS list. I welcome suggestions on how to improve the list.

HEROES
Empire General with Stately war banner (6)
Empire Battle wizard, Beasts (6)
Master Engingeer (6)

UNITS
3 x Demigryphs (10)
5 x Knights (6)
5 x Knights (6)
30 x State troops, shields and swords (12)
20 x State troops, shields and halberds (8)
20 x Handgunners (14)

WARMACHINES
2 x Greatcannon (26)

Total: 100 points, 125 wounds

Offline Jobume

• Members
Re: [AoS] 100 Points SCGT
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 01:32:39 AM »
Okey, so I tried the list today. I played against a Dark elf army with two big blocks of spearmen, 10 cold one knights, some shooting, some magic and a kharybdiss. It ended up a crushing defeat. I made the big mistake of splitting the halberdiers into two units of 10, thinking it would give me more flexibility in claiming objectives and using them as chaff. They got decimated quickly by some shooting and battle shock and did not have an impact on the battle at all. The general with the war banner was pretty decent, but not excellent. The "roll two dice, pick lowest" -effect saved me once, and combos nicely with the effect from state troop banners. The "hold the line"-effect was decent. The handgunners looked good on paper, buffed with "hold the line" and "steady aim" and "handgun volley" they would hit on 2+ and wound on 2+ with rend 1. Unfortunately, they fired at some buffed up cold one knights, with a rerollable 3+AS and did almost nothing. The artillery was great of course. I felt that having only one wizard was a problem, since I could only buff one important combat each turn, and could not cast both wild form and mystic shield on the demigryphs.

Next game I will try to find a way to fit the War altar in.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 12:54:42 PM »
Not familiar with the comp, but I did make a tactic for a knights list for empire, and you almost have that missing just the grand mastr and another knight unit.

Found here: http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/tactics-for-other-armies.17247/page-4

Maybe that helps getting some synergy in your list. Not sure how good it will be for securing objectives though.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Jobume

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:54:05 PM »
Nice, thanks man. The comp we were using is the South Coast GT comp, which can be found here : http://heelanhammer.com/scgt. Its basically a bunch of cool missions and a points system. There is a super nice site that lets you construct armies using the SCGT points here www.scrollbuilder.com. I've had my eye on that knight formation, but need to get some more knights to be able to pull it off.