home

Author Topic: Watching TNG with the Wife  (Read 907 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Watching TNG with the Wife
« on: September 08, 2018, 01:26:09 AM »
I got my wife into TNG some time ago and she likes it.  She has started watching it when she gets our daughter ready for bed.  Picard's voice really soothes the baby to sleep.

Some of the episodes I remembered watching but its been so long it was great to see them again and with my wife who is a first timer. I collected some small notes and wanted to go down a nostalgia trip and list them off.

S3:E4 "Who Watches the Watchers" Native American Vulcans worship Picard as a deity.  One of the best episodes.

S3:E5 "The Bonding" come on kid, you know this shit is fake AF! Grow up and hang out with Worf.

S3:E8 "The Price" Troi episodes.  All her episodes are either about trysts or her mother.  This is a tryst.

S3:E12 "The Highground" its about insurgents. Meh episode.

S3:E17 "Sins of the Father" Great Worf episode on the homeworld. Picard plays detective-lawyer.

S3:E26&S4:E1 "Best of Both Worlds" one of the greatest episodes ever.  Had my wife watch it with me which is what got her interested in TNG. She thought the new commander was a bitch.

S4:E3 "Brothers" Trust Data, never Lore.

S4:E12 "The Wounded" I think its the first Cardassian episode. Gal Dukat's actor plays the first Cardassian. Great episode about old warriors still fighting their own wars.

S4:E20 "Qpid" Fun Q episode about Picard's crush on a tomb raider.

S4:E26&S5:E1 "Redepmtion" The Mogh brothers get their groove (honor) back.  Fun with Klingons!

S5:E2 "Darmok" BEST EPISODE EVER. Fight me.

S5:E23 "I, Borg" I think Hugh is in love with Geordi and wants to kiss him.  I don;t think Geordi would object.  Lots of unresolved sexual energy.

S5:E25 "the Inner Light" Great and heart wrenching episode.  I cried as a 32 yo man with a wife and daughter.

S5E26&S6E1 "Time's Arrow" Fun in old timey times.  Data is amazing int he late 1800s, and Picard keeps dodging rent. Futurama did an homage to this episode.

S6:E3 "Man of the People" Another Troi tryst episode with banging dudes.

S6:E4 "Relics" Sad for Scotty. Glad he lives.

S6:E6 "True Q" learn more about Q and his group. We all wish we were a little Q too.

S6:E7 "Rascals" Silly yet fun episode. "You're my #1 dad." Seriously, Picard is amazing here.

S6:E8 "A fist full of Datas" Silly and fun and a real treat to watch! Best holodeck ending ever.

S6:E10&11 "Chain of Command" THERE ARE 4 LIGHTS! another great episode.

S6:E12 "Ship in a bottle" Picard vs Moriarty!

S6:Ep14 "Face of the Enemy" Spy Troi squares of with Dr. Chakwas from Mass Effect. Meh episode imho.

S6:Ep15 "Tapestry" Essentially it is the movie "Its a Wonderful Life" but with Q.

S6:Ep16&17 "Birthright" PT1 is a cameo of DS9. PT2 is "Footlose" with Worf as Kevin Bacon about Klingon shit.

S6:E18 "Starship Mine" Die Hard with Picard.

S6:E19 "Lessons" Picard gets a girlfriend.  Wife was so invested in their relationship.  She nearly teared up during the firestorm.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
Re: Watching TNG with the Wife
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:57:09 AM »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all