home

Author Topic: Who is buying AoS? POLL  (Read 25235 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Who is buying AoS? POLL
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2015, 06:45:54 PM »
 :smile2:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2015, 07:32:57 PM »
Haha, so first anti-AoS was Hitler and now it's soulless bodysnatchers? I think that could be considered a bit of a mixed message. :-P
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Sajek

• Members
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2015, 08:17:07 PM »

I did actually go out and purchase the box even though I stated no I would not.

:-D to sell them on eBay and keep 4 of the models to use for my Kings of War faction that I'm starting. I know I'm still helping Games-Workshop feel vindicated in their decision to kill fantasy and for that I am sorry... I shall pay my penance by burning the 15,000.00 in GW models that I have for my eBay store.

Offline CarolineWellwater

• Members
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2015, 03:57:48 AM »
(( Hey Syn Ace,

As of right now... Age of Sigmar really holds no appeal for me. 

I might play a game or two... but that's about it. ))

Offline Gunman006

• Members
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2015, 12:01:47 PM »
This sums up how I feel about AoS:
http://captiongenerator.com/48861/Age-of-Sigmar-interview

Buying: No
I will purchase from Avatars of War as much as possible, supplement with mantic. But sadly GW is still one of the best so I will buy old world models until they delete the old world completely for the new copyright races with their new copyright design. Don't care how good they look, Avatars of War is same quality but they continue warhammer spirit.

Playing: Yes
My casual gaming group is quite excited about AoS. But I hope to continue with 8th for campaigns and larger battles, and only do AoS for smaller skirmish games or scenarios where don't have much time. I don't want to bring my entire army just so I counter deploy or some shit. And I will not ride invisible horses or talk like a dork unless I'm drunk, which I probably will be if it's AoS. Anything goes... Hoping that someone will make 8,5 and use i.e wolf army builder to continue updating and tweaking 8th edition.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:05:24 PM by Gunman006 »
http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »
Not sure why, but the link wasn't pulling up an article for me.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2015, 12:58:08 PM »
Same here.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Reiksguard 1485

• Members
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2015, 04:28:58 PM »
I have no interest in either buying or playing AoS. I ally think the models are quite poor, and the game seems to have had most of the tactical element taken out. And that's before we discuss setting...

Offline Dosiere

• Members
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »
I bought the new novel as a Ebook to see what they are doing with the setting.  I have not bought anything else, as I want to see where this is all going.  The novel was pretty bad, it did nothing to get me excited or invested in the story, characters, or world.  It was almost as if the author intentionally pulled back every time a real character hook was presented.  The book was literally one long battle.  Well, not even that long since it took me less than 2 hours to read it through.  What a missed opportunity by GW to present something that would appeal to the old crowd.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »
I continue to see myself not buying the starter set.  I'm not thrilled with the Stormcast Eternals, and all the figures aren't easy to assemble in different positions because of the way they've been cast.  Whether or not I buy other WAoS products is still up in the air, and we'll see.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Elder Days

• Members
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2015, 07:03:51 PM »
Buying? No

Playing? No. My group has been working out our own rule set based on 6th edition since we found 8th distasteful.

Offline Lord Solar Plexus

• Members
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2015, 06:44:55 AM »
Buying: No.
Playing: No.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. - S. Clemens

www.tablepott.de - Wir sind das Ruhrgebiet!
www.rheinerftliga.haarrrgh.de

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »
Will play, certainly: the rules fit casual game once in a while, much better than WH8th.

Will buy AoS: from what is released now, no.
I'm waiting for the release of a book which develops Exiles' fluff, which I will buy.
I also wait for a book to develop the Realm of Azyr and related fluff for new Empire, non-Slayer Dwarfs and Highborn Aelfs. Will buy, too.

What I will regret a lot from WH8th is not the rules, it is the fluff in a world so closely related to our medieval world.