home

Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Here be spoilers!!!!!!!!  (Read 245217 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Game of Thrones - Here be spoilers!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2850 on: August 31, 2019, 12:51:39 AM »
I'm quite pleased that Arya kills the Night/Wight/Winter King.  Gonzo! Yes! :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2851 on: August 31, 2019, 02:01:27 PM »
I also quite liked that it was Arya who gets the big kill. I would have preferred them to have lead up to and done it differently, but the end result I'm fine with. That's pretty much my feeling on most of the last two seasons. I like the big events, but thought how and why we got there needed more work and polishing.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2852 on: August 31, 2019, 04:24:51 PM »
In a spot or two the 3rd episode of 8th season dragged a bit, but generally speaking it was ok.

The 4th episode had some weak spots, especially in dialogue between some of the characters, and having the evil Ironborn ships show up to take out the dragon and Danyris' ships seemed a bit concocted.  And having such a small force of soldiers show up in front of Cercei's city seemed a bit lame.

And I wasn't surprised that Circe killed Danyris' friend that was captured.  It provides plenty of reason for the destruction of the city too.

Here's hoping episode 5 and 6 are worth watching.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2853 on: August 31, 2019, 04:41:14 PM »
By the way, much of the Arya story track, I wasn't much enjoying.  It was a bit less than purposeful.  I'm not sure the purpose starting out was for her to kill the evil dude either, although can see why it worked out that way, and it seems fitting for her to be the one to do it.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2854 on: September 01, 2019, 12:31:39 AM »
Hmmm ... so I've finished viewing the series.

I've heard there have been fans who've complained about its ending, yet I'm satisfied its outcome.

As I look back on it, this is not meant to be anything but what it seems, a story of folks fighting for power, control, self-control, survival, and most not being able to rise above their pasts, and if they do, just barely.  It is also a story of making choices, and in situations where the choices don't seem to be too good, no matter which choice is chosen.  And it is about struggle, as a result of other's choices being made, and having to live with the results of those choices, and how emotions can bring about one's downfall as a result of acting on those emotions, instead of slowing down long enough to be able to move forward in a healthy way.

There's probably more to it than this, yet this is what is coming to mind in the current moment.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 11:00:17 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2855 on: April 22, 2020, 03:48:24 PM »
Just when ya thought it was safe to come in out of the cold ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO5LrmdEEU4