home

Author Topic: "Break-through at the Nets" a Marienburg battle  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Holland

• Members
"Break-through at the Nets" a Marienburg battle
« on: July 20, 2008, 04:45:21 AM »
I'm really exited about this campaign that we are starting tommow, its going to be great!

however I do not know allot of empire, elf, or dwarf players to play agaist.  :-(

buts thats not giving to stop me, i'll just go insane and write fanfiction and some other sad a childish things that I'm not quite proud of   :icon_lol: ..... :icon_frown:

so here it goes my first post injoy

"Break Through at the Nets”
Description
Do to rising hostilities between the Sigmarite Empire and the Marienburg Alliance, the Reikland-Household of Schliemheim sent men of the 22nd Reikland state armed forces establish a large border fort proximately 40 mile northwest west of the town of Merxheim. Once there the regimental engineers began construction of an iron-licked net along the width of the Reik river. This net would insure that no enemy ship would have access to imperial water ways, and verily provide a staging point for allied ships and personnel entering Marienburg territory.

Fort is not yet folly operational and has large gaps in its defenses, this would be the best time to attack the iron-linked netting. If there where to be destroyed ship would be able to sail freely upon the river once more.

Set-up
On a ‘6 by ‘4 table, run a river across the centre of the table widthwise. Along the river place 5 evenly spaced lines of yarn or game markers to represent the iron-linked netting. For game purposes the river is considered difficult terrain.

Other pieces of terrain can be place on the table within 12 inches of the tables edge. After deciding who is the attacking and defending players roll off to determined sides of the board. Once determined, the defending player designates a spot on his deployment line to represent the direction of fort. Start the game and have fun.

Special rules
Attacking player gets an additional 500pt to his list

Defending player gets 4 shots per term from the great cannons station at the fort

Victory conditions
Who ever at the end of the 6th turn control the most net markers along the river wins the game

:::cheers::: and if you deside to play this battle have fun with it

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:50:58 AM by Holland »
I apologies in advances for all the thing I am about to say O_O

Offline Holland

• Members
Re: "Break-through at the Nets" a Marienburg battle
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 10:12:31 PM »
And if your are planing to play this mission then your battle might look alittle like this

:icon_arrow:

or this...

:-D

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:43:49 PM »
Hmmm, I have a ship, wonder if we could super-modify this little scenario a bit?  Perhaps the ship would use bombardment to knock out the iron link sections while shore troops could try to board the ship via smaller boats.  Might have to try that!  Great work with the scenario, mate!

Sigmarite Empire?  Surely you jest, ya git. 

WAAAGH!

Goomb

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:10:23 PM »
I didn't think they let snotlings in here, Goomb? :engel:

I think it's got merit, but the Reik is very wide, especially at that Shilderheim crossing point.  Maybe it could work for one of the smaller rivers?
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 11:27:14 PM »

Isn't that an Averlander from the Forge of War series? Advertising for us I see? :lol:
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 11:42:48 PM »
I didn't think they let snotlings in here, Goomb? :engel:

I think it's got merit, but the Reik is very wide, especially at that Shilderheim crossing point.  Maybe it could work for one of the smaller rivers?

Snotlings!  Why I otta.....

Now, now, Wiss, just because you have lost your way and are supporting a false god....You know Gork and Mork are the one true gods of this world!  Green, massive and like to squish things: what's not to love about them?  Besides, your so-called army will not stand a chance against privateers and scum like me!

Too true about the Reik.  It is very wide, and further upstream, it is too wide for the bridges of the day.  I believe Nuln has one of the longest bridges in the Old World, a marvel not even those gits down in Altdorf can claim.  Still, I have been thinking about this scenario on my way home from work, and I appreciate the fact that your members are pushing and developing exciting stuff on their own.  Kudos, mate! 

Goomb

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 12:40:04 AM »
Karl, you're just upset because you got 'Out Karled'. :wink:

And Goomb, I agree.  This is some great initiative.  I think if it's tinkered with a bit it will work out great!
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Holland

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 04:33:22 AM »
just so you guys know, the iron-linked netting as is call it is a literal underwater chained net put placed across the river so that ships, both large and small can't pass without it being removed. It can't really be hurt by a cannon shot or even great great shot  :icon_eek:

But I'm always happy to get you guys feed back and we can certainly change some thing. As i said in the post "have fun with it"  :-D

:::cheers:::

ps. karl as soon as i come up with a witty and clever comeback your gets your com'up 'ins (shakes fist at screen in vain) LOL ;)