home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 648132 times)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #4175 on: February 11, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »
"guns at the ready eh klaus? Might scare something if we need to, and give us some more time"
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4176 on: February 11, 2013, 12:11:43 PM »
[Heinrich, Klaus, Julian, Ragni]

Ragni has his axe ready, and looks excited about a possible fight!

Heinrich sneaks over to the window. The shutters are all closed, but he can see through the cracks... though not very well. There are four men inside, sitting around a table, drinking and talking loudly. It's difficult to make out what they are saying, but they are clearly celebrating something.

One of the men is enormously fat. One of the others has unpleasantly bulging eyes. The third is wearing a uniform, possibly that of a roadwarden. The fourth is just out of Heinrich's line of sight.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4177 on: February 11, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »

Ragni has his axe ready, and looks excited about a possible fight!

Heinrich sneaks over to the window. The shutters are all closed, but he can see through the cracks... though not very well. There are four men inside, sitting around a table, drinking and talking loudly. It's difficult to make out what they are saying, but they are clearly celebrating something.

One of the men is enormously fat. One of the others has unpleasantly bulging eyes. The third is wearing a uniform, possibly that of a roadwarden. The fourth is just out of Heinrich's line of sight.

Heinrich will consider the scene for a moment. Then he will shrug, walk over to the door, and knock.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4178 on: February 11, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
As soon as Heinrich knocks on the door, the inn goes silent. This is followed by the sound of furniture being dragged around. After a while, he hears the bolts being drawn back, and then the door opens. It's the incredibly fat man he saw through the window. He's wearing an apron that looks far too small, over his normal clothes. He's polishing a beer mug with a cloth, in a rather self-conscious way.

"Hello traveler, I am Otto. The innkeeper of the Hooded Man Inn. Uh. Sorry, I didn't hear you knock at the gate. Please, come in and have a drink. Of ale. At the bar."

If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4179 on: February 11, 2013, 05:32:13 PM »
Klaus had a pair of his duel pistols drawn...and puts them now back into the holster...."Well....thank the gods. We were already worried that something was wrong, can you prepare a tub of hot water? Some mulled wine and warm food would be great too this norther climate gives me the chills." Klaus will enter the inn and scan the surrounding still alert that something might be wrong.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #4180 on: February 11, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
[Arnst and Max]

The tour of the sanitarium takes in the chapel, the infirmary, a dormitory, and the central courtyard. Sister Clementine introduces Max and Arnst to Sister Marie, the physician; Sister Ann-lise, the pharmacist; and Sister Ulrike, a hypnotist. She explains that the hospice uses a variety of treatment methods, depending on the needs of the individual patient.

While Sister Clementine is explaining some of the treatments to Max, Arnst notices a man dressed in protective overalls pushing a trolley along the corridor. He fits the rough description of Helmut, the orderly accused of selling corpses.

Arnst will try to detach himself from the group and follow the man. If they see him he'll mock a fit or soothing.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4181 on: February 11, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »
Heinrich is suspicious that this man is no proper innkeeper, but he will attempt to hide his suspicions. He will not order any ale.

"We have no need of refreshments." He passes a significant look towards his companions. "Just a room."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4182 on: February 12, 2013, 01:26:39 AM »

Otto looks from Klaus to Heinrich in confusion. "A tub? Wine? One room for the four of you? We can do that I suppose. I'll just go and...um...check something." He waddles off towards the Kitchen. Behind the bar, the man with bulging eyes is busy mopping the floor. He's going about the task with considerable vigor.

The man in uniform gets up from his table and walks over to the group (the fourth man that Heinrich couldn't quite see through the window is nowhere about). "Good evening," the uniformed man says confidently, "I am Captain Hans Jinkerst of the Baron's Own Roadwardens. My patrol and I are staying here tonight, and I should tell you I have full authority to issue summary judgement on anyone I suspect of committing a crime." He looks at them suspiciously. "So you should all tell me your names and your business on the road. There are a lot of bandits around at the moment. If I'm not satisfied with your answers you will be in for an uncomfortable evening. Speak up then!"
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4183 on: February 12, 2013, 04:34:23 AM »
"I am Klaus von Sternberg, nobleman from the Averland, you certainly can show your sigil of office before you threaten us good Captain Jinkerst." Klaus will walk into the room to see what the man is cleaning up.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4184 on: February 12, 2013, 05:22:24 AM »

Otto looks from Klaus to Heinrich in confusion. "A tub? Wine? One room for the four of you? We can do that I suppose. I'll just go and...um...check something." He waddles off towards the Kitchen. Behind the bar, the man with bulging eyes is busy mopping the floor. He's going about the task with considerable vigor.

The man in uniform gets up from his table and walks over to the group (the fourth man that Heinrich couldn't quite see through the window is nowhere about). "Good evening," the uniformed man says confidently, "I am Captain Hans Jinkerst of the Baron's Own Roadwardens. My patrol and I are staying here tonight, and I should tell you I have full authority to issue summary judgement on anyone I suspect of committing a crime." He looks at them suspiciously. "So you should all tell me your names and your business on the road. There are a lot of bandits around at the moment. If I'm not satisfied with your answers you will be in for an uncomfortable evening. Speak up then!"

Heinrich's eyes narrow at the man's tone and bravado.

"My name is Heinrich, and that's all you'll need to know. We are not bandits or criminals. We are currently under authority of the Church of Sigmar on our way to Middenheim. If you try to make trouble for us 'Captain'" Heinrich almost spits the title contemptuously, "it will not be us who will have an uncomfortable evening."

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4185 on: February 12, 2013, 09:07:58 AM »
Mortus will walk towards the group.   

"Sorry," she says when she gets to them.   "I appear to be a little lost.   Can you tell me the name of that town?"   She will point at the town.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4186 on: February 12, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »

Captain Hans backs away and holds up his arms. "Now, there's no need to get upset, gentlemen! As I said, we've had a lot of bandits on the road lately, so the Baron's issued orders that we have to take a harder line on them. I hope you'll forgive me... I was only doing my job."

Klaus peers over at what the bulging-eyed man is cleaning up. It looks a lot like blood. "Spilled wine," he mutters, "gotta get it up before it stains."

"No need to worry, your lordship," Hans says, "have a seat and I expect Otto will bring you some food. Why don't you all take a seat-" he motions to Heinrich, Julian and Ragni "-while I go see what Otto's up to in that kitchen? Like as not he's eating all the food himself! Ha ha!"

As Captain Hans turns around to go to the kitchen, a large bloodstain can be seen on his lower back. There's a hole in his uniform in the middle of the stain. The skin visible through it looks unmarked.

He goes into the kitchen and closes the door behind him. The man with bulging eyes finishes mopping and goes into the cellar.

"Funny lot, these," Ragni says, "I reckon we should be ready for a fight."
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4187 on: February 12, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »
[Mortus]

The pilgrims stop and turn to face Mortus. They have the heads of reptiles, with forked tongues that flick in and out of their mouths.

"It is the City of He Who Stands Apart," one of them says, "we go there to do Him honour."

"He opposes the Four," another says, "Praise Him!"

"Do you serve Him?" another asks, "or do you follow one of the Four?"

They stare unblinkingly at Mortus, awaiting a reply.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4188 on: February 12, 2013, 05:22:08 PM »
"Lets check what they are doing in the Kitchen?...That looks like blood, and the captain seems to wear a uniform of a now dead man!" Klaus whispers to the others and gets his pistols back out....he sneaks closer towards the kitchen carefully listening if he can hear anything that is talked inside the room.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4189 on: February 12, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »
[Arnst]

Max notices Arnst slipping off, and keeps the sister talking. Arnst follows the orderly, creeping along silently. The man reaches a staircase leading down: he leaves the trolley where it is, picking up a covered tray from on top of it. Carrying the tray, he descends the staircase.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4190 on: February 12, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »
[Klaus]

Listening at the kitchen door, Klaus hears Hans and Otto talking.

"Don't panic, Otto. They're just travelers. We don't need to delay the ritual. We'll just slip some kurts in their food and deal with them later."
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4191 on: February 12, 2013, 05:31:12 PM »
"Lets not get ready for a fight, let's start one."

Julian will wait to see what klaus/heinrich can hear, His sword and shield at the ready

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4192 on: February 12, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
"Lets not get ready for a fight, let's start one."

Julian will wait to see what klaus/heinrich can hear, His sword and shield at the ready

Heinrich nods. He finds a good position and readies his bow. He'll put a shaft into the first man who comes out.

• Members
« Reply #4193 on: February 12, 2013, 09:15:50 PM »
Klaus curses under his breath "They talk about some ritual....there must be more cultists in the Empire than Horseshit in Bretonnia. Make sure we get one alive, best the "captain" he seems to be the smarter one."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4194 on: February 12, 2013, 11:57:34 PM »

"Ready, boss," Ragni says, grinning,

Hans emerges from the kitchen a moment later. When he sees Heinrich's bow trained on him (and Julian, Klaus and Ragni looking threatening), he raises both hands in the air. "Hey, what's going on? You are bandits after all! The Baron's men will hunt you down for this."
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4195 on: February 13, 2013, 05:17:59 AM »
"Hans was it right? Tell your friend to come out of the kitchen too...hands up high. No we are no Bandits, we are" Klaus takes a dramatic pause to say the word with a threatening undernote of certain doom for everything wicked and rotten..."Witch Hunters." Klaus tries to check the reaction of the man before going on.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4196 on: February 13, 2013, 10:05:11 AM »
Hans immediately dives back into the kitchen. Heinrich shoots...

[Heinrich to hit: 100! miss]

...but the arrow goes wide, bouncing of the wall and almost hitting Klaus. Hans slams the kitchen door.
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #4197 on: February 13, 2013, 10:32:58 AM »
Arnst will follow him down the stairs stublely.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4198 on: February 13, 2013, 10:44:21 AM »
“Grungniiiiii” Julian shouts, and barrels into the door.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4199 on: February 13, 2013, 11:04:33 AM »
Hans immediately dives back into the kitchen. Heinrich shoots...

[Heinrich to hit: 100! miss]

...but the arrow goes wide, bouncing of the wall and almost hitting Klaus. Hans slams the kitchen door.