home

Author Topic: The new Empire 2012 - Facts, JOY and Praise, NO NEGATIVITY IN HERE!!!  (Read 106571 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
I WILL UPDATE THE FIRST POST TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU GUYS SO KEEP CHECKING THE FIRST POST ONCE IN A WHILE.

Advance orders are up so you can check the profiles.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440004a&rootCatGameStyle=wh

New stuff will be on top and included also from posts of other guys.
 :happy:

Rules so far taken from the White Dwarf april issue

Detachment system most likely will stay in as the rules are mentioned in the civil war rules for Empire one result grants you devestating charge and re rolls for shooting for detachments. NOTE this only are rules for the civil war special scenarios and have nothing to do with the basic rules for detachments.

The Demigryphon Knights will be inner circle knights only and will have an option for lances or Halberds.
(for people confused with the monstrous cav rules, they get rank bonus three wide, the demigryphons won´t be able to strike from the second rank, you will use the highest wound value and for toughness the value of the rider).

Demigryphon knights have the Griffon banner mentioned in their fluff (you can either use the Griffon banner or make your own) this could mean that you can make them the griffon order BUT it could also mean they can get a magcial banner upgrade for the unit similar to the Blood knights of vampires who can get an upgrade to a magical banner.

Demigryphon knights
Knights as IC knights with 1 A and I stays at 3
Demigryphons HAVE barding so 1+ save  M8    WS4 BS0    S5    T4    W3    I4    A3    Ld7 this could mean they use the riders T of 3.
50x75mm monster bases

Hold the line -
a unit lead by a Captain or General rolls 3 dice for their break tests and uses the lowest two. Here is Aaron Chapmans Math hammer sheet to show you how good this really is.

Even without General and bsb around a steadfast unit or a unit of greatswords will hang around 90 % of the time.

Witch Hunter -
will have the killing blow and sniper special rule, most likely a brace of pistols and a greatsword as kit
Witch Hunter

M    WS    BS    S    T    W    I    A    Ld
    Witch Hunter    4    4    4    4    4    2    4    2    8

Unit Size:    1
    Equipment:    Hand weapon; Pistol; Light armour
    Special Rules:    Accusation; Grim Resolve; Magic Resistance (2); Tools of Judgement

Griffon -
now comes with 5 wounds and S6

Celestial Hurricanum

Celestial Hurricanum    -    -    -    5    5    5    -    -    -
    Acolyte                    -    3    3    3    -    -    3    1    7
    Warhorse                        8    3    -    3    -    -    3    1    5

Equipment:    (Acolytes) Hand weapon
    Special Rules:    Large Target; Locus of Azyr; Portents of Battle; Storm of Shemtek

Luminark of Hysh

Luminark of Hysh    -    -    -    5    5    5    -    -    -
    Acolyte          -    3    3    3    -    -    3    1    7
    Warhorse             8    3    -    3    -    -    3    1    5

Equipment:    (Acolytes) Hand weapon
    Special Rules:    Aura of Protection; Large Target; Locus of Hysh; Solheims Bolt of Illumination

The War Altar has a 4+ ward, gives units within a 6" radius hatred and all prayers work within a 6" range.[/quote]

Advance orders are up and there are some interesting things.

Master Engineer has a new rule called
Stand back sir!

He remains at his old profile

Markus Wulfheart has a captains profile
special rules against monsters SCOUT and a special rule Wulfhearts Hunters so I guess we can field an elite unit of Huntsmen.

Prayers of the Sigmarpriest most likely will effect the whole unit now
    If evil is overwhelming you and your foes are suddenly confident of victory, then your Warrior Priest will have a nasty surprise in store for them. Drawing upon his loyal faith in Sigmar, he will help increase his unit's resilience against enemy onslaught. What's more, his prayers will inspire his unit's ability to hurt your enemy. And if that doesn't work, he's also got a massive hammer to hit them with.

Grand master is immune to psychology and has the Master of Battle special rule..is this old news?

Also and this could be fun Flagellants are listed under Special.

3 units of Flagellants?

Hotpot as rare!?

War Altar now stubborn instead of unbreakable.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:27:12 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
Re: The new Empire 2012 - Facts and Praise, NO WHINING IN HERE!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 08:45:35 PM »
Cavalry halberds rock! I don't care how it works. :-P
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline gashacker

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »
Hold the line sounds really powerful, maybe more useful than Karl Franz himself. The witch hunter intriques but that amber wizard figure is truly a superior effort. I wonder if the two wizards and the two devices all come with the one plastic kit?
 Maybe the lazer cannon could be mounted on one of my warwagons. Too bad that the altar seems to have the same horses and cart as the magicians use but maybe is dressed up with different bits? It will need se converting to look right to me, although Volkmar appears to me to be an excellent figure. There are some drop dead awesome hero and lords to choose from in this group. If this is the direction that GW is going then it is going to be one wild ride. I already think that Storm of Magic is my favorite game ever. These will make it more so.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 08:50:42 PM »

They will probably be reserved for the Demi-knights.

Also Empire now has monstrous cavalry, I wonder will it be special or rare and will they count as IC knights with monstr.cav. rule set?
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:56:34 PM »
Griffon -
now comes with 5 wounds and S6

??? We are not the only army that uses griffons . . . do the High Elves get this upgrade or does the Imperial Zoo inject our griffons with steroids (and then have to appear before congress)?

And I'm not bitching, just asking a question.  :-D
So, what would you guys do if some dude came at you with a belt that way?
Make sure I've got the safeword memorised.

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »
whinnneee!!!

J/K, While I won't be getting everything, the models look great, and the rules sound good so far. I suppose this is why the troops are going up in cost?

ALso in regard to KF, has there been anything on him yet? same stats and rules or have those been beefed up too?

??? We are not the only army that uses griffons . . . do the High Elves get this upgrade or does the Imperial Zoo inject our griffons with steroids?

See below.
>>

I'd like to think that with the real world, they have different breeds of Gryphon in the fantasy world. Just like Bretonnians have their bigger and more powerful Warhorses, Empire has their bigger and more powerful Gryphons while the High Elves have their slighter and more graceful looking Gryphons. To me the big puffed up chest with feathers ruffled screams Empire. We are the army of big feathers aren't we?

>>

I also like to think the animals themselves have something to do with it. Like a falcon headed griffon is smaller and faster than an eagle headed griffon (Elf vs Empire) I would also imagine the Elf one would have the hindquarters of a cheetah or leopard while the Empire one would be a lion or tiger...

Nothing in the fluff about that, but it's how I imagine it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:05:26 PM by Alleton »
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »

Also Empire now has monstrous cavalry, I wonder will it be special or rare and will they count as IC knights with monstr.cav. rule set?
Special and IC knights, appatrently
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 09:11:19 PM »
Where are the new Reiksguard Knight pics? 

The Griffon head is too small.

What they raised the cost of state troops?! WTF!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:13:25 PM by Grutch »

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »
Where are the new Reiksguard Knight pics? 

The Griffon head is too small.

What they raised the cost of state troops?! WTF!!

Trolling, are we?  :-D

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
Hmmm, a thread where negative opinion is banned, I guess that works on a forum that is dedicated to a game made a company that can do no wrong, but clearly not holding a positive view of GWs latest release makes you too evil to express said opinion...

Having said that I am very excited about the new release, high praise for all the plastic models and the witch hunter, the finecast amber wizard is a bit of a disappointment and the *new* warrior priest was sadly nothing new.

I quite like the new griffon, but I doubt I will get one, the two Mage altars are so frickin awesome I doubt I'll have room in my lord allowance for one of those and a griffon lord.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Rommel44

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
Sounds good, and the Hold the Line rule seems awesome for the Empire as it address our LD issue :eusa_clap:. However, whats this I hear about our State Troops getting a point increase?

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »

Special and IC knights, appatrently
They will retain their shield in addition to the halberd, so ICs may be 'IC' in the respect that they have the mount and weapon options, rather than the old +1S; but it is possible they will have it all.

Warriors of Chaos and I think DElves have halberd wielding riders that will most likely have this sort of thing in the future.  Perhaps an new errata entry will show it as a new weapon type, or it might be our own special. We'll have to wait a few weeks; but the halberd was the only other thing I've seen gleaned from the WD that Fandir hasn't covered.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Your shoes have been put on backorder. We appreciate your custom.

Hope we are finding you shod,
Stirland

Offline Spiney

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
Sounds good, and the Hold the Line rule seems awesome for the Empire as it address our LD issue :eusa_clap:. However, whats this I hear about our State Troops getting a point increase?

That might be because of the Generals Ld rule. Something Cruddace did in the tomb king book was to add a point or two to certain units to account for the boosting effect of a character being in the unit (tomb kings/princes raise the WS of their unit) rather than having the cost of the ability entirely borne in the point cost of the character. Te result was that tomb guard accompanied by a tomb king were great (because they were WS6), whereas tomb guard on their own are about 2pts overcosted (because they are only WS3). This might be something similar, state troops cost more because they now get access to this Ld ability when accompanied by a captain/general, it kind of sucks for the units that don't contain a captain or general though...

On the other hand they might have boosted the detachment rules, we'll have to wait and see, just as long as the state troop profile stays the same.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:39:18 PM by Spiney »

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »
Well, it might mean it will be worth not fielding too huge state troop regiments, due to them costing more. But hey... I am game!

After all, I just love the idea of the Hold the Line! ability. Man, am I going to have captains allower the place?! :icon_razz:

"Hold the line! Stay with me! And if you find yourselves running over green fields with the wind in your face, do not be alarmed. Cause you are on Morrs Meadows, and you are already DEAD!" :happy:

Happy, happy! I just wish I had the money to buy the book pronto when it comes out. I do not, thanks to some stupid bills coming late. But when I can buy the book, oh my...
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Spiney

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »
Well, it might mean it will be worth not fielding too huge state troop regiments, due to them costing more. But hey... I am game!

After all, I just love the idea of the Hold the Line! ability. Man, am I going to have captains allower the place?! :icon_razz:

"Hold the line! Stay with me! And if you find yourselves running over green fields with the wind in your face, do not be alarmed. Cause you are on Morrs Meadows, and you are already DEAD!" :happy:

Happy, happy! I just wish I had the money to buy the book pronto when it comes out. I do not, thanks to some stupid bills coming late. But when I can buy the book, oh my...

I think it means I'll be putting my general and BSB in different units this time around, I just hope that great swords can bring a magic banner to boost my general further with the banner of discipline. I think its worth mentioning that the original rumour was that the 3D6 discard highest thing was only for break tests not all Ld based tests...

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 10:51:42 PM »
I think its worth mentioning that the original rumour was that the 3D6 discard highest thing was only for break tests not all Ld based tests...

Seems a bit redundant what with Steadfast and all...
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Cursain

• Members
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »

That might be because of the Generals Ld rule. Something Cruddace did in the tomb king book was to add a point or two to certain units to account for the boosting effect of a character being in the unit (tomb kings/princes raise the WS of their unit) rather than having the cost of the ability entirely borne in the point cost of the character. Te result was that tomb guard accompanied by a tomb king were great (because they were WS6), whereas tomb guard on their own are about 2pts overcosted (because they are only WS3). This might be something similar, state troops cost more because they now get access to this Ld ability when accompanied by a captain/general, it kind of sucks for the units that don't contain a captain or general though...

On the other hand they might have boosted the detachment rules, we'll have to wait and see, just as long as the state troop profile stays the same.

Honestly that's pigeon holing our army. 

"Take this character or you suck"

Totally bad way to design model costs.

Offline Rommel44

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 11:22:47 PM »
I dont see how they could increase our State Troops more then what they already are. With TK's it makes since because they are Skeletons with WS2 and they need the extra umph in order to be effective at all, but our State Troops are already the average trooper with average stats, so I think it would make since more to decrease the State Troops point cost or keep it the same.

Also, any word on the Hellblaster or any of our war-machines?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:25:39 PM by Rommel44 »

Offline Spiney

• Members
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 11:29:53 PM »

Honestly that's pigeon holing our army. 

"Take this character or you suck"

Totally bad way to design model costs.

True, but that was the rationale for much of the tomb king book and the new empire one is written by the same guy. I can't see that state trooper stat lines will have changed at all, unless they bring swordsmen back into line with the others, but that would rather make them redundant. I can't really see any other reason for state troops to increase in points, if that is actually happening.

Offline Alleton

• Members
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 11:54:17 PM »

I quite like the new griffon, but I doubt I will get one, the two Mage altars are so frickin awesome I doubt I'll have room in my lord allowance for one of those and a griffon lord.

Apparently you can take the laser or world domination wagons without a wizard lord, thereby leaving the lord slot open for the griffon....
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »
If the state troops go up then I can see people fielding mostly knight armies.
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline 101st Vostroyan

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 12:37:51 AM »
At least if they are increasing the points costs of state troops no one can complain that GW are lowering points costs to sell more mosels. If that rumor is true I say well done GW :eusa_clap:

I cant wait for the new book. The cover is so freakin' awesome and I like the new models. Too bad my army is more Tilea themed....no war alters or griffons in that list for me lol

Offline Derp

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »
Bardiche Knight sounds sexy, and I like how the captains get something to make them a bit actually comparable to warrior priests.  I may need to cut someone if they increase the points costs on basic state troops, however.

Offline Cursain

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 01:58:57 AM »
Bardiche Knight sounds sexy, and I like how the captains get something to make them a bit actually comparable to warrior priests.  I may need to cut someone if they increase the points costs on basic state troops, however.

I agree Derp.  If you design a model with a special rule you don't bump the cost of other models, you price the model giving the rule accordingly.

Offline Alleton

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »

Too bad my army is more Tilea themed....no war alters or griffons in that list for me lol

My army is Myrmidian, I'm making a Myrmidia based War Altar.
Demonslayer

Warhammer Plog: