home

Author Topic: The Summer Campaign  (Read 39808 times)

Offline Rocky

• Members
The Summer Campaign
« on: March 23, 2007, 11:19:12 PM »
I have a info that the new summer Campaign is taking place in the Empire(the empires getting trashed) and a group of orc players (my brother and some other people) have already started making planes for it so i think that it is only right that the fellow Empire players on this forum start making are own planes to destroy the oncoming Waagh! All ideas accepted.
If it's skin is green blow it up!!!!!!

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Re: The Summer Campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:37:56 PM »
I thought the Nemesis crown was a dwarfen artefact (C) by Alaric Wirrkopf ... Why would they burry it in the empire.

Anyway .. we will see who will have the last laugh.  :closed-eyes:

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:40:52 PM »
When the time comes, we should probably work together to focus our offense/defense in one particular part of the map (if that is possible). Create a breach, divide, and encircle. Let's see the Orcs get outta that one  :icon_twisted:.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Rocky

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:44:43 PM »
For my part in our plans I will try to get all the info i can about the orc planes from my brother or sneak on the orc forum and find out as much as i can. That will show those green skin idiots  :biggriin:

Offline Rocky

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:49:53 PM »
I also know that the map for the campaign is of the Empire and it is divided up into sections that are given to a country like say Canada or Germany and all the battles that are recorded will go into the results of the war for that section and the whole campaign over all.  I also know that all the almost if not all the races of the old world are fighting to get the nemisis crown.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 03:21:25 AM »
I also know that the map for the campaign is of the Empire and it is divided up into sections that are given to a country like say Canada or Germany and all the battles that are recorded will go into the results of the war for that section and the whole campaign over all.  I also know that all the almost if not all the races of the old world are fighting to get the nemisis crown.

The part about all races makes sense; GW would hate to alienate part of its' customer base (wait, did I just type that?). I'm guessing, based on your description of the map as 'countries', certain battles would count towards the results of that country and who controls it at the time; I believe a similar technique was used for the walls of Middenheim during the SoC wasn't it?
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Ratarsed

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 07:44:37 AM »
I also know that the map for the campaign is of the Empire and it is divided up into sections that are given to a country like say Canada or Germany

What happens if your country is not like Canada or Germany then?

Ratarsed

Offline Kardos

• Members
  • HULK SMASH
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 08:24:11 AM »
each country will have a place to fight over. As for the Crown: Alric the Mad created it someone lost it in the woods and now seems everyone knows about it and wants it. Watch out for those sneaky skaven, bet they wanna get their hands on it.
Kardos - Dwarfen defender since 1973

Offline Ross

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 09:49:09 AM »
If Alaric made both the crown and the Runefangs, then hid the crown due to its power, is it not possible that the crown is the 'one ring to bind them all' item. Just a thought

Offline Oss

• Members
  • getürmt aus Buch auf Buch, verlassen und verflucht
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 10:49:30 AM »
I quite like the idea, though the warseer indicates, that the crone is made of warpstone. I'd assume that it's quite different in nature to a runefang?
BTW with the new Megaforce and the campaign coming I'm tempted to do an O&G army *ducks and runs*
Quoted From Wyzer1: "Actually I believe most of the game is fairly well balanced, and I applaud GW for this awesome game. Thats why we pay $300++ for their models. That and we all have mental issues."

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 10:51:34 AM »
Watch out for those sneaky skaven, bet they wanna get their hands on it.

Ha, let them have it. Only the skaven are insane enough to want a radioactive crown. The thing's carved out of pure warpstone, for Sigmar's sake. No human could actually hold it, much less use it for anything. Sticking it in a lead safe and throwing it at the enemy is the only way of using I can think of that isn't exposing the wielder to ridiculous amounts of Chaotic energy.

Offline Oss

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »
Well, warpstone is not quite the same as radioactive material (wich doesn't actually exist in the warhammer world). Of course it leads to mutations, because warpstone is solid magic, and magic in warhammer is by nature chaotic. Skaven are somewhat resistant to the effects as a racial trait.
I think Warpstone takes some time to affect you, at least alaric had the time to make the crown out of it (and runic items take a lot of time to be made) before it affected him (assuming that it was the crown that made him mad, there is no confirmed information that it affected him at all).
Quoted From Wyzer1: "Actually I believe most of the game is fairly well balanced, and I applaud GW for this awesome game. Thats why we pay $300++ for their models. That and we all have mental issues."

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »
But alaric is a dwarf, and they are extremely resistant to chaotic energies.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »
Well, warpstone is not quite the same as radioactive material (wich doesn't actually exist in the warhammer world).

Of course. Radioactivity would surely exist in the Warhammer World, as it generally obeys the same physical laws as our own, but obviously they don't have any nuclear reactors! Warpstone is not radioactive in the traditional sense, but it glows green and makes things mutate - B-movie radioactivity, perhaps?

Of course it leads to mutations, because warpstone is solid magic, and magic in warhammer is by nature chaotic. Skaven are somewhat resistant to the effects as a racial trait.

As are dwarfs, which explains how Alaric could make it and why the skaven could use it, but for humans it's got to be next to useless. Maybe Nagash could handle it, but he's hardly normal. If the Empire got it, we could lock it up in a consecrated vault somewhere to keep it out of the hands of evil beings, but could we use it? Of course not.

Offline von Bildhofen

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »
Warseer also indicates that maybe the crown was made to Sigmar himself, bur Alaric realised it was to powerfull and hit it...

Our most beloved Karl Franz is supposed to have a role in the campaign... somewhere on warseer it is said that a dwarf (dont remember the name, but the dwarven hero in the campaign) is sad because KF wants the crown...for me i would love to see KF turn evil with a green glowing crown on his head... muhahahahah world domination of fluffy clothes *cough* *cough* 'chicken bone' *cough*... or he will be wise and resonable and lock it up deep inside the vaults in Altdorf (or even try to destroy it)..

Well i hope the history is a good one..

>Melvin

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 03:10:51 PM »
Logically, one of The Mad's previous works, The Runefangs, would be best to destroy the crown.
I'm in college!

Offline Rocky

• Members
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 08:35:16 PM »
Hello people we are not talking about the crown here we are talking about what the Empires plans for the campaign are.  I have found out that the orcs are going to be launching a massive attack into the Empire then building a fortress or at least thats what the guys over at Da Warpath are planning to do on top of getting a fleet of pirate orcs  :ph34r: to sail down from the sea of claws and attack are beloved nation.

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 10:33:15 PM »
Don't freak out, this is all just fluff at the moment, nothing really serious. The campaign doesn't even appear to even be based like the other campaigns as far as I could tell from the GW websight.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Morks Chariot

• Members
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 11:39:07 PM »
Us Orcs already have a hold of the campaign map, and we've learned that the campaign will be dictated equally by battles won and the fluff submitted by players. We Orcs iz gonna crump you good. :icon_mrgreen:

Btw, we already have a sub forum with discussions of our plans for the campaign, preparing our leadership etc It was created a few days ago and has hundreds of posts in it :icon_wink:

Offline Oss

• Members
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 12:41:31 AM »
Us Orcs already have a hold of the campaign map, and we've learned that the campaign will be dictated equally by battles won and the fluff submitted by players. We Orcs iz gonna crump you good. :icon_mrgreen:

What? Are your fluff writers that good?

Seriously, I'm quite exited about this campaign (as it will be my last chance for a few years at least to take part in such an event) and interested in starting an orc army - what is better than having classic opponents at home? (my gaming group lacks evil players, I might add)

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 12:52:32 AM »
Yes, yes Orcs do the smash and bash.

It happens.  Death, taxes and Orcs.

Interestingly enough, keep in mind Grimgor is a Black Orc.  All other Orc Warlords who have invaded the Empire ( excluding Azhag of course - thanks Nagash! ) just come in to tear the place apart and do the bloodlust dance. 

Only two Orcs I know actually think and stop fighting once in a while.  Morglum Necksnapper and Grimgor Ironhide.  They's is Black Orcs.  They's smart.  If any Orc is going to try to actually carve himself territory out of Imperial Lands, he's gonna be a Black Orc. 

And hell, Grimgor just left!  He ain't stayin' gone long.
I'm in college!

Offline Reynard_of_Bogenhafen

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »
I'd just really like for us to get as serious as Da warpath on this please!

One of my best mates is a mod on that site and i'll be damned if i have to listen to him crowing about it if they even slightly achieve something over us.

Their fluff writers are ok and partly responsible for a large chunk of SoC being changed. The whole "um... no we are not going to be helping chaos!" movement came from the global kick up they managed to swing. if we could pull together, maybe get the mods to sucure a copy of the various zones and our areas within them  in advance (like they obviously have) then we could really give them a kicking as opposed to suffering for it like we did in SoC! (Can't complain if its our turn this time!)

I'm going to be contributing as much fluff as I can, Its about time Huss made a difference! (or Errol Fey could return to the land of his birth from his long exile)

gaming wise i'm not that great, but a lot of people like my characters, so i'll see what i can do!   
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline Rocky

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 11:48:15 PM »
Sorry about that Morks Chariot guy I have the unfortunate punishment of him being my Brother but he doesn't know that i have stolen the orc map from there site (it's still in German)so enjoy.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:52:44 PM by Rocky »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 12:13:58 PM »
This is official GW stuff, or just a random summer campaign that another website is creating?
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 02:07:46 PM »
Sounds like a good campaign, but at the moment it only ssems to include Empire, OnG, skaven and Dwarves. If this is hte campaign will it be extended to other races?
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's