home

Author Topic: Empire Secessionists Army  (Read 24929 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: Empire Secessionists Army
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2018, 01:30:36 PM »
Holy crap, these traitors look soooo good. :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
You may paint mine too.
Holy crap, these traitors look soooo good. :blush:

Wanna join while I'm painting Fidelis' figure? ) *nasty smiley*

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
Loyalty is its own reward. ;)
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2018, 07:51:50 PM »
Have you considered increasing the colour depth of the clothes, particularly by making the slashes darker? They look a bit bland in such flat colours at the moment. The detail on the faces show that you can do highlighting if you decide to.

A simple and straightforward technique I've used for the job is to do the entire cloth area in a darker wash, then re-highlight everything except slashes and other cracks and recesses with the original colour. Here's a showcase of what such a simple method can achieve:

In the case of this handgunner (just like pretty much everyone else wearing puff and slash in my army), the darker wash was Nuln Oil, leading to a rather sharp contrast between the slashes and the cloth, I like the result but not everyone does. A softer variant of the same concept would be to use something like a grey wash, or maybe a darker blue for the blue cloth areas.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
Loyalty is its own reward. ;)

Loyalty! Bah! Loyalty to Reikland and its corrupt rulers?  What good did it do for those poor souls who fought in Franz's endless campaigns? Only to be robbed later by the parasites in his court or local barons? Join the secessionist movement and never be hungry again! Sigmar is on our side!  :ph34r:

Have you considered increasing the colour depth of the clothes, particularly by making the slashes darker? They look a bit bland in such flat colours at the moment. The detail on the faces show that you can do highlighting if you decide to.

I thought that this might be brought up one day. Well, initially I did that. But these black lines look too unrealistic and cartoony even to me. No offense, it's just me.  :blush:

However I should definitely try some other washes. I still have a lot to complete, so plenty of time and figures to experiment on! Thank you for your suggestions! I really appreciate it! And great work with that handgunner!  :smile2:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2018, 09:29:04 PM »
Sigmar preaches strength through unity, obedience and loyalty. Your rabble are not fit to call upon His holy name! :-P

That said, your army's color scheme is bloody sweet! I can't stop myself from looking at them. :blush:

Gneisenau

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »
Sigmar preaches strength through unity, obedience and loyalty. Your rabble are not fit to call upon His holy name! :-P

That said, your army's color scheme is bloody sweet! I can't stop myself from looking at them. :blush:

I still have some spare grey-blue tights and puffy jackets. Perhaps, you would still like to join us? )  :-P

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2018, 10:12:27 PM »

I still have some spare grey-blue tights and puffy jackets. Perhaps, you would still like to join us? )  :-P

Only to slit your traitorous throats in your sleep. Karl Franz Aeternum! ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2018, 10:31:31 PM »
I don’t think you would want this loyalist in your midst. He will definitely tip the cake table over or  worse 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2018, 01:00:21 AM »
Averland!  For Emperor, and Averland!

:icon_mrgreen:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2018, 08:31:12 AM »
Now, now - I would not do any such thing. Just utilise the ancient "Tilean Horse" technique of infiltrating the enemy camps. ;)

On a more serious note - I dig this army so much. Great colors, great atmosphere. :biggriin:

Gneisenau

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2018, 05:49:53 PM »
Only to slit your traitorous throats in your sleep. Karl Franz Aeternum! ;)
I don’t think you would want this loyalist in your midst. He will definitely tip the cake table over or  worse 😸

"slit traitorous throats in your sleep"? Now, what else could I expect from the s.c. "loyalist"? Nobility and good manners have no place in the Empire, do they?

However, I am not offended.  And to show that I have no ill will, I shall put you in command, in charge even. Say, in front of the flagellants? These wonderful gentlemen will be most grateful if such a believer in Sigmar would lead them to battle! Pity that the last one turned out to be a heretic. He shouted "For the Emperor!" forgetting that the Emperor stole the crown from most noble Boris Todbringer and is actually a chaos worshiper.  :smile2:

Averland!  For Emperor, and Averland!

Oh, didn't the Emperor let your Count die? He could've saved him, you know.  :smile2:

On a more serious note - I dig this army so much. Great colors, great atmosphere. :biggriin:

Thank you very much!  :blush: More will come soon!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »
Todbringer is a confirmed furry. Now our Karl Franz - that's the real manly man. Worshipping a half naked dude with a huge hammer. That requires balls.

Gneisenau

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
And another batch is here.
Handguns are quite rare in the Empire and the Secessionists mostly rely on spoils of war or on those who join the army and already have a pistol or a handgun. So those less fortunate use crossbows that can be bought in and/or produced in bigger quantities.  :smile2:

Secessionist Crossbowmen

A pike is a very common and popular weapon among the Secessionists. Not as disciplined as heavy pikemen, or as as trained as halberdiers, still these warriors are quite a formidable force on the battlefield. Cavalry, beware!  :smile2:

Comments and suggestions are welcome as always!   :blush:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:09:47 PM by The Penguin »

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2018, 01:23:20 PM »
Well, for some reason, nobody liked my new batch, apparently.  :unsure:

Perhaps I need to speak louder about my progress? And what is a better way than to use some artillery?  :smile2:

Empire Secessionists Cannons

Empire Secessionists Mortars

Empire Secessionists Pistoliers

What do I hear? Something big is approaching.....

Any comments, please? )  :blush:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »
Somehow missed the pikemen. What a gun line! I love the bases for theses guys. Is this for Kings of War type of play? And the pistoliers are great. Can’t wait to see this displayed like the IV hochland battalion.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Alex-bbr

• Members
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2018, 04:56:14 PM »
Fantastic paintjob! And beautiful army schem, all this color together are great.

I'm also really pleased to see big infantry block : this is what wharammer is!

But... death to the traitors! :ph34r:
The Guard dies and does not surrender...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2018, 04:56:58 PM »
Across the board goodness here! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2018, 05:56:03 PM »
artillery battery best.

now if you excuse me, I have some canons to purchase
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2018, 06:39:21 PM »
Somehow missed the pikemen. What a gun line! I love the bases for theses guys. Is this for Kings of War type of play? And the pistoliers are great. Can’t wait to see this displayed like the IV hochland battalion.

Thank you.  :smile2: Yes, I play KoW and consider that system to be far superior to any other "classical" fantasy wargame.
Yes, well the parade is not far, really. I need to complete steam tanks, some cavalry and several characters, like generals, standard bearers and such...

Fantastic paintjob! And beautiful army schem, all this color together are great.

I'm also really pleased to see big infantry block : this is what wharammer is!

But... death to the traitors! :ph34r:

Thanks a lot!  :smile2: Indeed large blocks of infantry gives you a thrilling feel, doesn't it?

What?! What good did the s.c. Emperor ever did to you? Join us and together Altdorf will fall! 25% of the treasury is yours!  :icon_cool:

Across the board goodness here! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Thank you very much indeed!  :blush:

now if you excuse me, I have some canons to purchase

Do tell me once you find where. I am cleaning off ebay for old artillery sets now. )

BTW,  I am thinking of starting a new Empire army. What should it be? Ostermark or Marienburg?  :?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »
I would do an ostermark. The black and White would be great. I think I have a few halbediers in ostermark colours. The White is always a pain but you make it look easy.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2018, 04:15:00 PM »
Thank you. I think I shall indeed go for Ostermark. I was thinking about black-purple-yellow colour scheme though. )

And today we have some big guns going our way!

Secessionists have no foundries of their own to produce complicated machinery or guns. But judging by how shiny and new these volley guns are it is apparent that thy are getting some support by rich neighboring provinces.  :closed-eyes:

Secessionist Helblaster Volley Gun

Unlike these insane flagellants who claim that the Emperor is a chaos cultist Secessionist tank engineers think that he is actually a kind, just and pure-hearted ruler. And that is all those counts, barons and other nobles who do not wish to show him of the sufferings of his people. They believe that with each shot, each fort taken for the secessionists they are closer to opening his eyes. When will these poor ignorant fools learn that Karl Franz in his vanity cares for nothing and nobody but his own glory and power?  :engel:

Empire Secessionist Steam Tanks

The army is almost complete! Any comments, please?  :blush:

Offline VonOttenheim

• Members
  • Commander Black Griffon
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2018, 06:55:38 AM »
White is such a pain to paint (...and yellow..)  But you make it look good.
Great looking army.  :::cheers:::

....From one secessionist to another   :-P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:57:45 AM by VonOttenheim »
Ulrich von Ottenheim

Commander Black Griffon
Komtur Templar Knights of Taal
"...I want milk in my Khorne flakes..."

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
I would do an ostermark. The black and White would be great. I think I have a few halbediers in ostermark colours. The White is always a pain but you make it look easy.
Ostermark = yellow and purple.
Black & white = Ostland.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »
Ostermark = yellow and purple.
Black & white = Ostland.

Corrected and shamed appropriately 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020