home

Author Topic: Upcoming and Current Movies ...  (Read 179195 times)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: Upcoming and Current Movies ...
« Reply #1350 on: April 25, 2019, 09:55:22 AM »
Many cinema's in my area are running both Endgame and Captain Marvel. Marvel is competing against itself

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1351 on: April 27, 2019, 06:16:19 AM »
Saw Endgame yesterday. Was fairly satisfying.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1352 on: May 03, 2019, 02:25:41 AM »
Just saw Blockers with my wife. Fun movie. Hunter is the best of us and he just gets shit on the entire movie.  :closed-eyes:
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1353 on: May 08, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »
Detective Pikachu leaked on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAA_yWX8ycQ

Cheeky Nintendo  :-P
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1354 on: May 09, 2019, 04:37:41 AM »
In the late 90's when I was doing a lot of baby-sitting. I remember seeing several of the early Pokémon episodes and thinking to myself "This show is too weird; it will never catch on" How wrong I was

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1355 on: May 23, 2019, 04:22:37 PM »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1356 on: May 24, 2019, 11:23:09 AM »
In the late 90's when I was doing a lot of baby-sitting. I remember seeing several of the early Pokémon episodes and thinking to myself "This show is too weird; it will never catch on" How wrong I was

My 5 yr old son had decided the past few weeks he is really into pokemon. I never had much to do with it myself.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1357 on: May 24, 2019, 07:57:16 PM »
I just saw Endgame. Loved it. Teared up a bit.
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1358 on: May 24, 2019, 09:25:37 PM »
Saw "Tolkien" last night.  Excellent, highly recommend, and it's going away quickly!

Don't expect a lot about his writing.  It is more of about his youth and coming of age as anything else.  Some good connections between what is said and done to his writings, but mostly about friendship, romantic relationship, and growth.

The music was also an added plus, as was how it was filmed.  See it. :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1359 on: May 27, 2019, 10:50:40 PM »
Saw "Tolkien" last night.  Excellent, highly recommend, and it's going away quickly!

Don't expect a lot about his writing.  It is more of about his youth and coming of age as anything else.  Some good connections between what is said and done to his writings, but mostly about friendship, romantic relationship, and growth.

The music was also an added plus, as was how it was filmed.  See it. :::cheers:::

My fellowship fatigue aside; I hope Hollywood doesn't milk the Tolkien works and legacy the same way they are so many franchises. Please god; no Tom Bombadill stand alone film

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #1360 on: May 28, 2019, 10:35:06 AM »
My fellowship fatigue aside; I hope Hollywood doesn't milk the Tolkien works and legacy the same way they are so many franchises. Please god; no Tom Bombadill stand alone film

I think Netflix is going to do a series.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1361 on: May 28, 2019, 02:23:50 PM »

I don't know about Hollywood, suspect they'll milk it for generations to come.

However, this film isn't likely to be of mass appeal like the trilogy was.  It is more subtle, working with his story to show life and provide good entertainment doing it.  Well done it was.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1362 on: May 28, 2019, 04:46:33 PM »

I think Netflix is going to do a series.

amazon, not netflix.

they bought the rights for 250 milly, and there are 5 seasons committed. it will be set in the 2nd age, so not a direct remake.

I... have low expectations.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1363 on: June 02, 2019, 09:57:42 PM »
I watched Book of Life last night.  Its really good and I love the art style. Its a bit predictable but all in all it was fun. 2 gods of death make a wager to see who rules the cool part of the after life and who rules the depressing part. The bet is on which of the 2 boys Maria will choose to marry someday; Monolo the musically inclined bullfighter, or Joaquin the arrogant soldier.  The boys have their own hardships of living in their receptive fathers' shadows that they need to overcome and learn to be themselves.

― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1364 on: June 09, 2019, 03:02:06 AM »
I saw Godzilla King of the Monsters tonight. It was great!!! A true Godzilla movie for the ages. There are a lot of easter eggs and call backs to the original movies in this one which was easy to spot if you're a fan and non-consequential if you're not. Just wish I didn't sit next to a fidgety kid that was playing with his seat and bumping into me/talking during the movie. Barring that, it was amazing and worth seeing in the theater.

@Zak:
See this, you will love Bradley Whitford's character. Some of the stuff he brings up is straight up from the Tin foil hat thread!

The critics seem to hate the movie, meanwhile the audiences seem to love it. I can see why the critics may hate this movie though. The human story is not Shakespeare nor is it going to win Oscars (except maybe in FX), but the audience gets it. It a movie about giant monsters fighting each other, and that's what you get!
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1365 on: June 12, 2019, 02:14:03 PM »
I finally got around to watching Kong: Skull Island. It was a good movie. Not the most cerebral story, but fun. It is interesting though; Kong is not on screen a lot (he is in it enough though) but the entire story revolves around him. John C Reilly's character was by far the best in the film. I wish we spent more time with him interacting with the team he meets up with. Samuel Jackson's character was also very interesting and reflects the feeling of Vietnam at the time. I really like what they did with his character as he becomes more and more like Captain Ahab. I also liked how the Civilian group seemed to have been doing way better throughout the film than the military group. I commented on that several times while watching it.

Now I'm all caught up on the monster verse for Godzilla v Kong next year.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:16:30 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
― Jake the Dog

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1366 on: June 13, 2019, 02:37:08 PM »
Cool. I have only seen that. It seems I now need to see both Godzilla movies.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1367 on: June 13, 2019, 10:36:31 PM »

nice looking forward to watch this when it hits Netflix
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1368 on: June 13, 2019, 10:38:19 PM »
I saw Godzilla King of the Monsters tonight. It was great!!! A true Godzilla movie for the ages. There are a lot of easter eggs and call backs to the original movies in this one which was easy to spot if you're a fan and non-consequential if you're not. Just wish I didn't sit next to a fidgety kid that was playing with his seat and bumping into me/talking during the movie. Barring that, it was amazing and worth seeing in the theater.

@Zak:
See this, you will love Bradley Whitford's character. Some of the stuff he brings up is straight up from the Tin foil hat thread!

The critics seem to hate the movie, meanwhile the audiences seem to love it. I can see why the critics may hate this movie though. The human story is not Shakespeare nor is it going to win Oscars (except maybe in FX), but the audience gets it. It a movie about giant monsters fighting each other, and that's what you get!

NICE I want to take my Boy to see it lol  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1369 on: June 20, 2019, 09:32:29 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but I just had my first miniature painting session in almost a year and watched "Flesh + Blood" (1985) with Rutger Hauer while painting. But what on earth was that ... it was uncomfortable to watch and the story was quite weak. Besides, a film, where you as a viewer wish death to almost every character, has some problems I would say.

Offline Markus Meyer

• Members
« Reply #1370 on: June 20, 2019, 12:15:45 PM »
Slightly off-topic, but I just had my first miniature painting session in almost a year and watched "Flesh + Blood" (1985) with Rutger Hauer while painting. But what on earth was that ... it was uncomfortable to watch and the story was quite weak. Besides, a film, where you as a viewer wish death to almost every character, has some problems I would say.

A classic Warhammer movie, dirt and death at every step. And Martin aka Rutger in the middle. :)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1371 on: June 21, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »
plus tears in the rain
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1372 on: June 22, 2019, 04:18:04 AM »

I remember seeing The Iron warrior [not to be confused with any chaos space marines] back in the day and wanting a refund. In recent years I learned it was the 4th Ator movie; which is in itself relevant to my namesake

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1373 on: July 09, 2019, 02:22:18 PM »
Not sure this counts but, I saw a trailer for the new Netflix movie "Secret Obsession" and the trailer pretty much gives away the mystery/story. It could have been a great mystery thriller...if they didn't solve the mystery in the trailer.  So now I have no want to see it.  :|
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1374 on: July 09, 2019, 04:29:49 PM »
Won't be ready until 2020, although I like the looks of it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ON04GCwKs