home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 261635 times)

Offline Champildhir

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/juan.pascualanaya
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »
While "more than a few" is correct, it may give a bit the wrong impression. True, 25% spent more than 250$, but 56% spent nothing at all.

Which also gives a wrong and biased impression about the game: out of that 56% I am sure that there are people who do like the game and are just waiting for their favourite faction to come out to get their wallet empty. I am for one waiting for the Aelfs (and also bought the starter set and just bought the new Archaon). That % is actually quite in the direction that the game is working out pretty well for GW: just 5 months, and half of the potential gamers have invested money on it. Give it a year, with a more complete version of the game out, and that % will have increased significantly.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2015, 01:53:08 PM »
Indeed, given enough time and effort put into it by GW and AoS may see some very positive results.

The main problem with that poll is that it allowed anyone, even those who don't play AoS and just wanted to be negative, to anwser. The upside of AoS is that it does allow those with tight purse strings to enjoy it with not needing to purchase numerous rulebooks.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2015, 05:06:07 PM »
It's a young game, but still, 56% of users in a warhammer forum actually buying warhammer isn't terribly impressive.

Edit: On the other hand, maybe it's to be expected when you don't necessarily have to buy new models to play the game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:11:02 PM by patsy02 »
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2015, 06:47:53 PM »
It's that I started with Stormcast, if not I would still have been waiting on the free people releases, or maybe expanded on Seraphon already.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
Wonder what we would get with the same poll on this forum?   Although, given the track record since last summer it's better not to run one.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2015, 07:29:46 AM »
Yeah, I don't think AoS polls will go very well with the old guard around.

Anyway, the new Tzeentch model is out.

http://eefl.freeforums.net/thread/98/new-archaon-model?page=3

I was wondering when this fiend would show up after seeing his picture several months ago.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2015, 03:03:18 AM »

That would suggest there is some sort of new guard, but as posting and traffic has been down since AoS on pretty much all the Warhammer related places I visit (W-E, Bugman's, Ogre Stronghold, TWF, and at least the random rumor check on Warseer) I don't think, at least in the form of internet forum posters, they actually exist. I mean I believe people when they say that locally that AoS has worked but from my Warhammer forum going standpoint I can only see adverse effects. Has anyone started up a pure AoS board, I've not discovered it with google?
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2015, 06:11:31 AM »
Haha, sorry if that sounded mean spirited, I meant no offense by that.

I find alot of AoS activities, projects and conversations in the general warhammer forums and dakkadakka.

I'm looking for AoS forums as well, I'll certainly let you know when I find one. :icon_wink:

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2015, 09:11:30 AM »
I'm on a few forums, lurker or fairly inactive on most,   and the two most active places are the subforum here, and groups on Facebook.   Neither of which are as active as when pre end times, WFB was going on.  Even 40k forums just don't feel as active. 

Several forums and groups that tried to talk about AoS, had such antagonism, people left.

That's the worst thing about the game, the way people have behaved towards each other for liking it or not.

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline Franz Volker

• Members
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2015, 07:49:01 AM »
This poll in the dakkadakka site shows that AoS has gotten more than a few wallets moth-ridden. :icon_lol:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/60/666859.page

While "more than a few" is correct, it may give a bit the wrong impression. True, 25% spent more than 250$, but 56% spent nothing at all.

Ok, so this got me curious enough to check it out.

56% spent nothing at all, that means they gave nobody money, so that's a bad sign for AoS in any interpretation, I guess.

The rest spent some, but if you read the replies, a good chunk of them claim they bought what they bought used. Does that count towards the success of AoS? I mean they didn't give GW any of their money.

Some say they spent some money, but then say they only bought paints, tools and so on. What's that got to do with AoS?

I bought un ungor kit and a few other things since AoS came out, but I bought them to use in WFRP 2nd Edition. Does that mean I supported AoS? I would've bought more stuff if AoS hadn't diminished my enthusiasm for the old setting. I voted 0, but some people in the replies voted something else, saying they bought bretonnians or something like that which doesn't necessarily mean AoS.

AoS positions itself to take the place of WFHB, taking the merit for some of the latter's sales, which is why I think that poll shows a prettier picture than what's real.

Also, I tried looking at the google search graph linked below for warhammer fantasy vs age of sigmar. I'm not exactly sure how to use it, but if I did it right, search interest is actually lower right now for AoS (although by a very small margin) than it is for WFHB (which is reasonable to assume it would be lower due to the AoS hit).

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=warhammer%20fantasy%2C%20age%20of%20sigmar&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT-2

• Members
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2015, 10:18:15 AM »
Well I'm really looking forward to 2016 with the coming Duardin / Fyreslayers  and Tzeentch releases and what more to come. Hopefully more disclosure on the Aelfs and Free People.

Read some rumor about discontuning Beastmen and Brettonia, but I don't believe that as Beastmen is already in a scenario book as part of the chaos armies. They might get incorporated as a subfaction of sorts like Skaven Pestilens.
Brettonia I might be discontinued as it was, same with Empire as both these will probably be something new with in Free People

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »
This poll in the dakkadakka site shows that AoS has gotten more than a few wallets moth-ridden. :icon_lol:

Ok, so this got me curious enough to check it out.

56% spent nothing at all, that means they gave nobody money, so that's a bad sign for AoS in any interpretation, I guess.

The rest spent some, but if you read the replies, a good chunk of them claim they bought what they bought used. Does that count towards the success of AoS? I mean they didn't give GW any of their money.

Some say they spent some money, but then say they only bought paints, tools and so on. What's that got to do with AoS?

I bought un ungor kit and a few other things since AoS came out, but I bought them to use in WFRP 2nd Edition. Does that mean I supported AoS? I would've bought more stuff if AoS hadn't diminished my enthusiasm for the old setting. I voted 0, but some people in the replies voted something else, saying they bought bretonnians or something like that which doesn't necessarily mean AoS.

AoS positions itself to take the place of WFHB, taking the merit for some of the latter's sales, which is why I think that poll shows a prettier picture than what's real.

Also, I tried looking at the google search graph linked below for warhammer fantasy vs age of sigmar. I'm not exactly sure how to use it, but if I did it right, search interest is actually lower right now for AoS (although by a very small margin) than it is for WFHB (which is reasonable to assume it would be lower due to the AoS hit).

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=warhammer%20fantasy%2C%20age%20of%20sigmar&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT-2

well I corrected your term to warhammer fantasy battle and got more realistic results, which show that aos got it's maximum interest in july and now in december almost zero.
If compare regions we see that aos is succesfull in GB but is a failure in USA, which can be deciphered also through sales of starter sets on ebay where US ss are offered cheaper with free shipping and continental ones the other way around.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F03mf9x%2C%20age%20of%20sigmar&date=1%2F2015%2012m&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT-1
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:07:41 PM by DariusZero »
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »
Haha, indeed! There's just something about a painted army that really can't be matched. :happy:

An interesting poll ...  here are the results as of this morning ...

How much have you spent on AoS?

0   57% [ 231 ]
$1-100   11% [ 45 ]
$101-150   5% [ 19 ]
$151-250   5% [ 21 ]
$251-500   9% [ 38 ]
$501-$1000   8% [ 34 ]
Greater than $1000   5% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 408

20 folks have spent over $1000 which means a minimum of $20,000.  34 at hypothethically $750 means 25.5k.  38 at hypothetically $350 means 13.3k.   The numbers tail off in the next two catagories, but combined it is 40 and hypothetically at $150 means $6,000.  All total about $65k from 132 of a community of 40K players, and if we add in the 45 spending $100 or less, giving them credit for the full amount, that's only 177 players spending maybe $70k.  And 231 not spending a dime.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2015, 01:35:53 PM »

Anyway, the new Tzeentch model is out.

http://eefl.freeforums.net/thread/98/new-archaon-model?page=3

I was wondering when this fiend would show up after seeing his picture several months ago.
Some how it reminds me of one of the 40K Chaos Space Marine Chapters, probably the thing on it's head is doing that.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »
Just read this on warseer:

Quote from: Matthias Thulmann;7586152
@tcpwayne: Changes coming in 2016 to "fix" AoS....

When asked where this information is from he replies.

@tcpwayne: GW

I'm taking this with an ocean of salt but changes could be coming in 2016?

Maybe army composition or expanded rules?

Dunno what to make of it if anything tbh. Have to just wait and see I guess.

I wonder what that could mean... if true

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »
I hope aos is serving as a good wake up call tk GW they need to focus on gaming a bit more and not just models.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2016, 04:37:31 AM »
An ocean of salt indeed.

As it is the only thing that AoS needs is a add-on point system or some other form of force restriction.

I can't really see any other "fix" they could implement.

(P.s. sorry for not posting lately, I've been very busy and the holidays are hectic.)

• Members
« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2016, 08:38:32 PM »
next weeks pre-orders rumor *cough* as if that's a rumor if you have first hands on the new WD..

Quote from: Archibald_TK;7587266
New releases:

Fyreslayers Hearthguard (5 miniatures) - 33€ 25£ 40$
Slayers with shorter beards with what looks like shooting weapons, greataxes or some sort of flail halberd.

Fyreslayer Vulkite Berserkers (10 miniatures) - 45€ 35£ 60$
Slayers with dual axes, or a bladed shield coupled with an axe or pickaxe.

Fyreslayer Auric Runemaster (1 model) 23€ 18£ 30$
This is not the one we saw on the sprue, that one carries some sort of brazero staff and he... he... he has no mustache!

SURPRISE! The WD shows the models that have yet to be released everywhere. I find the new giant salamander to be absolutely gorgeous. IMO in term of design they take models like the slaughterbrute, break them in half, throw the parts into an incinerator and bury the ashes 3 feet under.

For those wondering, Fyreslayers use the Ur-Gold to create runes over their own body. I have no time to actually read the WD but I'll come back later if there is anything interesting. I think that army design is a success.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2016, 10:09:57 PM »
Urge..to become...Duardin player...rising!

• Members
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2016, 10:40:09 PM »
Urge..to become...Duardin player...rising!

haha! I'm reasonably ok with this. I can resist the urge to become a Duardin player. But I sport 4 armies now.. Empire still waiting to see what happens to our Free People before picking it up for AoS. Stormcast... need that expansion box!! ouch 160,- euro.. Khorne Bloodbound want to atleast keep it a reasonable force with some choice options.. again some nice boxes.. then there is my starting force of Seraphon... Oh I really want those boxes.. and now my urge to get Tau Empire got a swirl again also with the Start your army box... WHY DIDN'T I WIN THE LOTERY damnit  :eusa_wall:

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »
Haha, I bet your Christmas list was full. :icon_lol:

I need that Stormcast expansion as well. The Malignant starter collection is looking good for Bretonnian conversions and I'm also waiting for the free people.

Though if the wanderer Aelves arrive before the free people then that's where my money is going to disappear to.

(So many models, so little time to paint them all. :cry:)

• Members
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2016, 12:07:51 PM »
some more information about the dwarfs

Quote from: Archibald_TK;7587548
I suppose I can screenshot my post?

A few more nuggets of info from the WD:
- Fyreslayers are born from the fight between Grimnir and Vulcatrix.
- Fyreslayers believe that in Ur-Gold resides the essence of Grimnir, their shattered God.
- Ur-Gold is magical. There is a funny rule when you play a Runemaster where your opponent chooses one of his units as carrying some gold, and thanks to it said unit can reroll all 1 to wound. But better not let the Runemaster get close enough and realize you are carrying the gold or the Fyreslayers will go all chop chop on you.
- When they insert Ur-Gold runes in their flesh, their God's energy starts flowing through their vein. This lead to things like being surrounded by flames, striking harder, more resilient skin (I suppose that's why they have 5+ save).

This is how each of their chapters is organized:
- Chapter mast.. no wait what am I saying? I mean Auric Runefather.
- Below that is the Auric Runemaster (the one in the WD)
- Auric Runesmiters
- Grimwrath Berzerkers
- Auric Runesons
- Hearthguard Berzerkers and Auric Hearthguard (the ones in the WD)
- Battlesmiths
- Vulkite Berzerkers (the ones in the WD)

PS- They're not actually called Chapters as you already guessed, but I don't know how to translate the real name in English.

Sorry but there are quite frankly too many things in the WD for me to read everything.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
What the flying fuck are these:
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2016, 08:25:09 PM »
ah yes the new fyreslayers (sub?) faction duardin (new dwarfs in AoS) and behind them some fire salamanders!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2016, 10:24:25 PM »
I actually rather like the salamanders, although I'd like a better look at the riders/platforms before making a final decision. I'm not sure I like the helmet crest look the mohawks have now, but otherwise I like the slayers as well. I'm excited to see better pictures.