home

Author Topic: Black fire pass - new models  (Read 13304 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: FW Empire BSB - black fire pass.
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »
I cried a little when I read that.

It is by the famous Averland poet, Alfred Hausknecht.  :icon_wink:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »
I think this is second battle of Black Fire Pass - the first battle would be a load of guys in fur posing pouches.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »
a little piece of greenstuff below the belt and that model would be perfect!

i already have 2 bsb models though :( do you really need 3?

It doesn't say you can't throw a cool a cool model in for every unit's standard better right?
That's what I do.  It just makes me feel better with a bunch of cool-looking banners spread out through my army.

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 12:23:44 AM »
I don't know if I'd go as far as buy a BSB model for every army standard, the standard bearers in the State Troops kits look cool too.

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »
There is a hole where the codpiece should be.  Are we sure it isn't finecast? ;)
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Azyr

• Members
Re: Black fire pass - new models
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
So we have a bit of an update to the new forge world book for black fire pass (extremely excited I am)
And with out further ado......flagallents (weird I know from FW I'm thinking named character) and the new night goblin command (huge fan of the goblin shamen)

Games in 2013 = 3
WHFB - 0/0/1
40k - 0/2/0

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »
I can't tell what's going on with some of those models!

The first guy looks like he's tied to a stake.

The goblin command group includes an indistinct green mess. Trying to sculpt magical effects never looks good!

The squig rider looks OK though.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »
The goblin command group includes an indistinct green mess. Trying to sculpt magical effects never looks good!
*almost never.

I don't get all the rubbish on the Flagellant.  Is that a fanny pack full of skulls?

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2013, 09:20:18 AM »
Paint the Shaman's smoke red or blue as a contrast and I think it could look quite good.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 10:01:08 AM »
Yooooooo

Urrggg

:::cheers::: :eusa_wall:

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Ostermark "Themed" Army
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
₤30 for the goblin command?!!!     OMFG too much!! ::heretic::

that shaman is very cool though..
Then make three times that. It should be enough for half the roof Glue
You could certainly amass quite a collection of testicles

Offline von Kalden

• Members
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
Flagellants? Do FW know that Cruddface nerfed them into oblivion? Or will they have better stats/cost less points in Black Fire Pass?

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 02:32:42 PM »
Did he nerf them?  I thought they looked relatively the same.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline theorox

• Members
Black fire pass - new models
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
Flagellants? Do FW know that Cruddface nerfed them into oblivion? Or will they have better stats/cost less points in Black Fire Pass?

They were potentially the best troops in the game before, now they aren't. It's an improvement.

Theo

Offline theorox

• Members
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
₤30 for the goblin command?!!!     OMFG too much!! ::heretic::

that shaman is very cool though..

It's actually pretty cheap. :)

Theo

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 06:54:36 PM »
A WS2 trooper with no saves, a size cap, and a Strength bump for only one round the "best in the game"? Come on, man. There are at least a half-dozen other Core choices out there that kick old Flaggies in the teeth. That's the crux of the issue, really - they were good before, and the new book nerfed them into something conditional at best.

Offline theorox

• Members
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:53 PM »
A WS2 trooper with no saves, a size cap, and a Strength bump for only one round the "best in the game"? Come on, man. There are at least a half-dozen other Core choices out there that kick old Flaggies in the teeth. That's the crux of the issue, really - they were good before, and the new book nerfed them into something conditional at best.

No. They only needed one round, unless they were fighting a steadfast-bus. Every time my Khorne Marauder Horde faced them (the Flaggies were 5 wide) they would beat them. Especially with the crazy light buffs combined with the Waraltar and Priests that completely wrecked both magic phases. And that's actually not that unlikely a result.

Even if they weren't (which I maintain they were) fantastic in combat a T3 unit with Unbreakable is almost worth it just for that alone. And since they could be core choices they were nothing short of disgusting. D: The combos were much more favourable in the last book, though. Old Empire were cheesetastic.

I don't have experience with them in the new book, but they still serm viable.

Theo

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 08:53:25 PM »
Well, I just spent about $100 on bits to make a unit of 32, so I hope they don't suck too hard :)

Offline frenkish

• Members
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »
Well, I just spent about $100 on bits to make a unit of 32, so I hope they don't suck too hard :)

I hope that was Australian dollars or something because you can get 30flags from GW for less than 90$  :happy:

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 09:03:41 PM »
Funny that you should mention Marauders, because that's one of the units that kick them in the teeth - half the price, same offense (better if you take the Great Weapons), +2 WS and +1 I thrown in for spice.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 09:36:19 PM »

I hope that was Australian dollars or something because you can get 30flags from GW for less than 90$  :happy:

But GW flaggies wouldn't go with my armies. Models scoured from three different continents, however, will . . . :)

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 11:24:42 PM »

But GW flaggies wouldn't go with my armies. Models scoured from three different continents, however, will . . . :)

Good luck getting 30 Flaggs from GW for $A100. :(
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013, 11:55:58 PM »
Ensanguining the flies
How heavily it dies
  Into the pouch away;
Past touch and sight and sound
Not further to be found,
How hopeless under ground
  Shrinks the baculum this day.
This is beautiful.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Hoodling

• Members
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 01:02:27 AM »
I don't get all the Flagellant hate. They're not WS2 anymore. Yes, they're expensive, but they're an unbreakable unit that can thrash many things in the first round of combat. If you are backing them up with light magic, they can be truly terrifying. Without that though, they do become more situational - they need to swing first, and the Initiative is only moderate. If those Marauders had great weapons, a horde of Flagellants would do an absolute number on them.

For those of you who want a unit that's fantastic in all situations against all opponents, perhaps you're being slightly delusional. Sure, there are things that will savage them before they can attack. That's when you have to protect them or try to bolster them, and why your whole army doesn't consist of them (not that you can do that legally anyway, since they're Special).

As for these models, I doubt I will be getting any of them. But the fact that Forgeworld are focusing on 2 of my major armies does leave me excited to see more...

Offline Cursain

• Members
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 02:40:20 AM »

Exactly how big are these units of mauraders you're talking about?  60-70 men carrying double handed weapons?  That's how big they'd be to not be completely crushed by a unit of 32 flaggies.  They'll still probably lose the fight that large.  If the unit is 50 or less in size, a unit of 32 would whoop them so bad that they'd never be able to do enough return damage, and they'd break.

God forbid a War Alter or Luminark is around, or the flaggies get T4 that first turn.

Flaggies do not suck.  Especially against WoC with little shooting to speak of.  We're also not considering Empire buffs from wizards landing on the flaggies.  Light would make it really funny.

Flaggies @ WS3 are so much better than before because they can take on units that are WS 5 and 6 without hitting on 5's.

They aren't as effective in MSU armies because they need to roll martyr every turn, but in horde formation watch out.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:43:31 AM by Cursain »