home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 258171 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1300 on: January 30, 2020, 10:40:56 PM »
W:AoS has 5 elf factions? :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

The Darklings Coven
Daughters of Kaine
Idoneth Deepkin
The Wandererers
The Kurnoth (kind of tree thingy wood elvish)
Cities of Sigmar aelfs
Teclis’s new elf (above)
Tyrion’s ealfs on the horizon

That’s all I can think of at the moment
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1301 on: January 31, 2020, 09:43:51 PM »
W:AoS has 5 elf factions? :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

The Darklings Coven
Daughters of Kaine
Idoneth Deepkin
The Wandererers
The Kurnoth (kind of tree thingy wood elvish)
Cities of Sigmar aelfs
Teclis’s new elf (above)
Tyrion’s ealfs on the horizon

That’s all I can think of at the moment

that's about three too many
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1302 on: February 01, 2020, 12:39:01 AM »
There was an interesting lore blurb on the new high elves the other day that I thought people here might like.

If you saw our detailed coverage of the mind-blowing Warhammer Preview from the LVO last weekend (you have seen it, right?), then you’ll know that a new aelf faction is on its way for Warhammer Age of Sigmar – the Lumineth Realm-lords! What’s more, we’re going to be guiding you through their lore and development all the way up until their launch so that you can learn all about them. Speaking of which, in the first instalment of the Lumineth Lowdown, we’re looking at their origins…
Out With the Old, In With the New
The old aelven pantheon is dead,* having perished long ago with the world-that-was. Yet when the Mortal Realms were formed and Sigmar travelled the fantastical new lands, he discovered that, like himself, some of his former allies had not only survived, but had been reborn anew as divine beings. Two among them were the twin aelven gods, Tyrion and Teclis.

After working with Malerion to entrap Slaanesh in the Hidden Gloaming, Tyrion and Teclis began to siphon the souls of their former kin who had been swallowed by the Dark Prince during the destruction of the Old World. Of all the spirits drawn forth from the slumbering Chaos God, the most stable and pure became known as the Lumineth. They settled within Hysh, the Realm of Light, a paradisal land of geometric perfection. There, the Lumineth grew both wise and powerful from the teachings of the twin gods.

From Darkness to Light
Despite their nobility of spirit, the history of Lumineth Realm-lords is far from without incident, for no aelf could suffer an age of torment after having been consumed by Slaanesh and emerge unscathed. As is ever the way with the corrupting influence of the Dark Prince of Chaos, it was their own emotions that saw the Lumineth fall from the light. Yet before unchecked hubris and jealousy tore them apart, the Lumineth found salvation by returning to Teclis’ path of wisdom, knowledge and self-betterment, which ultimately brought their civilisation back from the brink of self-destruction. This period of enlightenment became known as the Reinvention, and it inspired every aspect of the lives they now lead.
Following the teachings of Teclis, the Lumineth also learned to communicate with, and even channel, the geomantic spirits of Hysh – specifically those of the mountains, rivers, wind and zenith (or sky). This affected every aspect of their existence, from the knowledge they accumulated to the way they fought and the magic they employed. Lumineth warriors who bonded with the spirit of the mountain would be all but immovable in battle, stoically weathering the tide of enemies crashing against them, while their mages would bombard their foes with stones and crush them beneath rocks. This led the Lumineth to develop four distinct sub-cultures within their wider civilisation, each with its own orders of mages and warriors. By dedicating themselves, mind and soul, to the pursuit of furtherance in their chosen path, the Lumineth could better avoid the lure of Slaanesh.

Aetherquartz
Greater enlightenment for the Lumineth came through harnessing the unique properties of aetherquartz, the Hyshian realmstone, in specially designed jewellery. They discovered that they could endlessly reflect the power of Hysh within this realmstone to empower the mind, body and soul. This did not come without a cost, for even as it offered illumination, the aetherquartz crystal eventually grew dim, and so drained the emotions of its bearer to restore its inner light. To the Lumineth, who sought perfection in all things, such a sacrifice was well worth paying, for emotion was a path to corruption… to Slaanesh.

Once the energy bound within an aetherquartz diminishes, it is left blackened by drained emotions. The Lumineth discard these spent stones, replacing them with freshly prepared aetherquartz to revitalise them once more. So, with each gem discarded, the Lumineth become more mentally, physically and spiritually gifted, yet grow colder and more aloof.
The Peerless Armies of the Lumineth
As one might expect from warriors and mages whose aetherquartz-enhanced skills have far transcended their natural capabilities, the armies of the Lumineth Realm-lords are among the deadliest in the Mortal Realms. They wage war with peerless coordination, their phalanxes of spearmen and formations of swift cavalry seamlessly working together to overcome even many times their own number in foes. Meanwhile, mages of incredible power rain down destructive, elemental magic to the utter ruin of their enemies. With the peerless martial prowess of Tyrion and the enlightened teachings of Teclis driving their every action on the battlefield, the Lumineth Realm-lords are the art of war made manifest.
Now that you know a bit more about the Lumineth Realm-lords, next time, we’ll be taking a closer look at their miniatures – starting with their spearmen, the Vanari Auralan Wardens – and investigating the significance of their runes. In the meantime, head on over to the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page and let us know what excites you most about with the Lumineth Realm-lords. If you haven’t done so already, sign up to our newsletter to be the among the first to know what’s going on with all the latest news and articles.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1303 on: February 01, 2020, 02:43:54 AM »
Wait, wait, wait.  Isn't it called Warhammer: Age of Sigmar? It is starting to sound more like Warhammer: Age of Elfs. :icon_wink:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1304 on: February 01, 2020, 02:50:33 AM »
Nah its only the recent stuff, and as someone who likes the Stormcast I'm really enjoying a break from them. I just hope dwarfs get one soon.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1305 on: February 01, 2020, 04:55:23 AM »
Yes, yes, those shorter folks always getting short shrift ... next I'm sure will be Warhammer: Age of Dwarfs.

:engel: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:19:03 PM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1306 on: February 01, 2020, 01:40:58 PM »
Dwarves already got their turn with the skylords.

What is with all the lore making all the armies emotionless drones?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1307 on: February 01, 2020, 02:42:33 PM »

Rest assured the dwarves won’t be cleansed of there merciless, ageless, grudge bearing, money loving, xenophobic, beer loving, judgemental, contractual behaviours that make them the warm fuzzies that they are and we love 😸

That would be inexcusable.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1308 on: February 06, 2020, 12:36:30 AM »

Rest assured the dwarves won’t be cleansed of there merciless, ageless, grudge bearing, money loving, xenophobic, beer loving, judgemental, contractual behaviours that make them the warm fuzzies that they are and we love 😸

That would be inexcusable.

that's why I love them hahaha
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1309 on: February 06, 2020, 01:07:35 AM »

I read it more like annoying hyper-Vulkans more than just drones but concept is not a good one either way.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1310 on: February 07, 2020, 02:14:51 PM »
Sure, perhaps not drones.
But so many armies devoid of emotion because emotion = chaos is such a simplistic take.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1311 on: February 09, 2020, 10:13:22 PM »
these ELVES will look great all united up on square bases  :smile2:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1312 on: February 10, 2020, 04:05:49 PM »
We’re back with another detailed look at the upcoming range of Hyshian aelves known as the Lumineth Realm-lords. In the inaugural instalment of the series, we revealed the lore behind their origins, but today we’re taking our first proper look at one of the new units – the Vanari Auralan Wardens – and the significance to their wider culture of the runes worn so proudly on their shields.

Who Are They?

The spear phalanxes of the Vanari Auralan Wardens are the mainstay of the Lumineth battleline. They fight with a synergy and grace that lesser races couldn’t even begin to fathom. While the arrows of the Auralan Sentinels and magical bombardments of their mages rain down upon their enemies, the Wardens stoically hold their ground, awaiting the desperate charge of their embattled foes.

Heartbeats before combat is joined, the sunmetal tips of the Wardens’ spears flare into life with the solar energies they have absorbed, tearing through armour, flesh and bone as their Wardens skewer their would-be attackers with thrusts of lethal precision. They are led by High Wardens, imperious Lumineth officers who stand at the rear of each phalanx. Easily identified by their decorative back-banners, the High Wardens direct the warriors under their command and channel the magic of Hysh into their enchanted weapons to the utter ruin of their enemies.

The Miniatures

As the Auralan Wardens fight as a phalanx, they have been designed in a variety of defensive poses, with leaf-shaped shields to the fore and long spears thrust forwards to face the enemy. Their shields each have a crescent-shaped nook, enabling the warriors to support the weight of their spear shafts and thrust their weapons forwards even when their shields are interlocked. The shields themselves are interchangeable and feature intricate woven lattice work on their unarmoured side, hinting at the incredible craftsmanship that is synonymous with everything the Lumineth create.

With the exception of triangular tabards of scale mail, the lower halves of the Wardens remain unarmoured – these areas of the body are protected by the interlocking shields of the phalanx. Meanwhile, the upper halves feature a mix of male and female torsos, each clad in layers of scale and plate armour with elegant, curved pauldrons. Their armour is bedecked with sun and moon icons, symbolising the twin gods of Hysh, for their warriors are neither Tyrionic nor Teclian exclusively. The interchangeable heads of the Auralan Wardens are protected by full helms and crowned with exotic plumes.

Each of the Auralan Wardens carries a short sword strapped to their backs. Though not designed to be their primary weapons, these blades would be drawn for self-defence should an enemy get inside their reach – or to extricate their spears should an enemy become kebabed on the shaft!

The Runes

To the Lumineth, runes are more than just a form of symbolism – they represent their way of life and are a fundamental part of their civilisation. In addition to serving as a type of language,* runes represent the higher forms of learning and enlightenment embodied by the Hyshian aelves. That the Vanari Auralan Wardens display runes so overtly on their shields only serves to reinforce that they are students of far more than just war.

Integral to this is the Runic Mandala, the Lumineth evolution of the Pantheonic Mandala which once depicted the aelven gods from the world-that-was. In addition to representing an amalgam of the runes of the four Hyshian geomantic spirits, the more elaborate versions incorporate the twin aspects of sun and moon, both separate yet intrinsically linked, just as with the godly twins that embody them.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1313 on: February 11, 2020, 10:01:27 PM »
goods grief they look amazing  :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1314 on: February 11, 2020, 10:24:02 PM »
I really do like the look of them myself as well.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1315 on: February 11, 2020, 10:54:37 PM »
I really do like the look of them myself as well.

I decided to leave my old wfb elves alone. The new AoS will only be the new miniatures.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1316 on: February 13, 2020, 01:09:45 AM »
They look expensive.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1317 on: February 13, 2020, 01:47:44 AM »
Ya, I'm imagining they are. And it'll be shocking. :icon_eek:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1318 on: February 13, 2020, 02:33:38 AM »
I'm fully expecting a group of 10 to be around 70 Canadian.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1319 on: February 13, 2020, 01:44:43 PM »
Yep. I’m expecting perhaps $87 AUD.
Basically as much as a full priced xbox game. Which is insane.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1320 on: February 13, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »
Totally nuts. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they'd double down on start collecting boxes and other box kits with good discounts and models, only to jack the prices on everything else up. They want to get people into the game, but apparently not work to hard on getting them to build big armies.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 07:21:54 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1322 on: March 09, 2020, 04:57:56 PM »
New mage sighted. Check out that head set on this.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1323 on: March 09, 2020, 05:56:11 PM »
What mage in his right mind, granted some of them aren't, would ride on something like that?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1324 on: March 09, 2020, 05:57:21 PM »
Apparently in the not cut off picture it's flying. Not that much different from an oath stone or magic carpet I guess.