home

Author Topic: Unmodified Leadership Question  (Read 14595 times)

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
Re: Unmodified Leadership Question
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2014, 01:17:31 PM »
Yes we figured that one out too......so fire magic...it is bad don´t take it!
Ah. I suppose posts were removed to keep the thread organised? Anyways, good to know.  :::cheers:::
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2014, 01:22:49 PM »
That is what happens with threadomancy - you get haunted by the posts of mistakes past.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:26:30 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »
Don't quote Past Rufus!  ::heretic::

Great Sigmar's Ghost, the Sword of Justice is back!  Woot!  :icon_eek:
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Dosiere

• Members
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2014, 06:35:31 AM »
The FAQ on the Ogre's ironfist indicates the strange ways in which GW works (Ogre Kingdoms Official Update Version 1.1, p1)

Q: As Butchers and Slaughtermasters can take an ironfist, does this mean that they can also wear magical armour? (p32)
A: Yes.

Designers Note: I have to hold my hands up for not spotting that allowing a Butcher or Slaughtermaster to take an ironfist, would also allow them to take magic armour. Allowing them access to magic armour certainly wasn’t my intention, and it’s something we’ll certainly fix when we do the next edition of the Ogre Kingdoms army book. However, after much debate, we’ve decided that it does not give the Ogres an unfair advantage, so we’ve decided to leave the rule as it is written for the time being. That said, I’d personally recommend that you avoid giving your Butchers and
Slaughtermasters magic armour – doing otherwise goes against the spirit, if not the letter, of the rule.

Jervis Johnson 7/12/2011

So: it is a mistake, but we will not rectify it. Well, we will in fact rectify it, but only in the next Ogre AB, not in the present. While we do not rectify this mistake now, we do recommend that you rectify it yourself.  :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

wow, what in the world is that designers note?!  Why didn't he just say A: No. 

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »
I suspect, he got overruled by the sales department.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »
Ogre Tyrant 31 €

Ogre Slaughtermaster 31 €

If the sales department would meddle with the rules to get more Slaughtermaster models sold.....it isn´t a good sales department.

More likely it is the way the people think at GW....

Nahhhh its a game points shmoints you really want to do that go ahead...if you want to create your own point values for units...go ahead....whatever you want to do...just go ahead.

Oh also Ironblaster at 26 € ...they could have made that one 35 and still sold zounds of them.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:07:42 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »
Jervis is old school GW -- the mentality there is not so much about getting the rules figured out as keeping alive the spirit of the game. That's why they always used to say to solve rules issues 'over a pint and a pie'.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2014, 12:52:50 PM »
The question remains: why not answer "no" and bring the RAW in line with the RAI? Or simply state "yes". The answer with the comment is hardly helping to solve the rules issue.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »
The question remains: why not answer "no" and bring the RAW in line with the RAI? Or simply state "yes". The answer with the comment is hardly helping to solve the rules issue.

Because he wanted to give you insight into the schizophrenia that is GW development.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline psychichobo

• Members
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2014, 12:16:38 PM »
I've always felt GW's 'Beer and Pie/Beer and Pretzels/Spirit of the game' mentality was little more than a desire to just not bother tightening their ruleset.

I mean, I prefer casual madness to competitive gaming, but they do need to realise that casual games do get ruined by odd little rules debates, especially ones that can mean the difference between a win and a loss...