home

Author Topic: Bickering at court: IC Pit  (Read 7523 times)

Offline Silas

• Members
Bickering at court: IC Pit
« on: February 17, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
OOC: I figured we might all like a place to do some good old fashioned snarking and bickering like in Da Pit over on Animosity. And as this campaign provides us with a way to do it in-character I think we should. Obviously everything should be kept in good humour and no one should try and actually offend another player.

IC: Gerald Fonth was a minor courtier, as were all thouse gathered. Still it didn't mean they couldn't discuss the most recent events, everyone from lowly peasants to Al-Ulric was. So why should they be left out?

Deciding to get the conversation going Gerald made an observation.

"Von Kerpen is certainly living up to his name. Everyone else is busy securing votes, and he goes ahead and invades Kislev! What on earth are his generals doing?"

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
Re: Bickering at court: IC Pit
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 11:18:08 AM »
Hemming Gadh, an ulric priest from Hochland, sniggered.

"Well, he is just going for a throne and maybe find the kislev throne more to his liking than the Middenland one. Throne as throne. And we all know how his family love horses more than humans, and kislev got plenty of horses."

"But the old brute Urenbach sent his men and brutalized the poor halflings of Calden. Why he needed to act like that is strange. Seems the good folk of Calden are not that happy with him as emperor in the end. Could have something to do with them being the first to feel Marienburgs wrath and now there is no protector to help them hold the walls. Urenbach is a good attacker, I give him that, but he sure ainīt known for defending his own subjects."
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline finngoalie

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:25:29 AM »
OOC: Things started off a bit "out of control" with an Ogre faction member. The Ogre was killed off, no halflings were hurt. The halflings opened the gates and a cordial discussion is going on.

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 03:08:29 AM »
'I think ye'll find that Bosenfals be de jure a part o' Middenheim.  We be doin' the realm a favor by reclaiming that which was unjustly and irresponsibly sold.'
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 04:03:52 AM »
Hemming Gadh, an ulric priest from Hochland, sniggered.

"Well, he is just going for a throne and maybe find the kislev throne more to his liking than the Middenland one. Throne as throne. And we all know how his family love horses more than humans, and kislev got plenty of horses."

"But the old brute Urenbach sent his men and brutalized the poor halflings of Calden. Why he needed to act like that is strange. Seems the good folk of Calden are not that happy with him as emperor in the end. Could have something to do with them being the first to feel Marienburgs wrath and now there is no protector to help them hold the walls. Urenbach is a good attacker, I give him that, but he sure ainīt known for defending his own subjects."

"Now I have seen it all. A self proclaimed priest of Ulric, sniggering like a court jester. Surely, these are sad times when the so-called faithful are reduced to mewling whelps."

Quote from: Finngoalie
OOC: Things started off a bit "out of control" with an Ogre faction member. The Ogre was killed off, no halflings were hurt. The halflings opened the gates and a cordial discussion is going on.

"Bork eats first!" Or at least he would...if someone hadn't shot him 30 times.  :icon_eek:
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline finngoalie

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
"Bork not listen, Bork not pay attention, Bork eat first ONCE THINGS WORKED OUT with Calden arrangement, Bork not wait and try raid Kislev supplioes, so Bork get shot"...............

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »
Next time don't talk to a dumb ogre using big words. Or logic. Simple commands, simple orders. He just got confused...

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline red bull

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »
"And definitely do not try and use flag signals, learnt that one the hard way."
No matter how good a general you are; if the dice are against you, you will not win.

My new stories http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36076.0
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36981.0

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
Karl Friedman raises his hand for silence. Dressed in his finest attire, he looks every bit the rural noble that he is. His weathered face, rough hands, and functional attire further speak of a man who has earned all but his name through martial endeavours. Once something resembling silence has been gained, he continues:

"Lords, ladies. Loyal soldiers, militiamen... even our mercenary friends, I ask for a moment of your time. This has been a winter of bloodshed, hardship, and loss. But now, such is to be tempered by joyous news. Lord Urenbach and Altenburg are to announce the joining of their families. My own lord, during this auspicious time before his upcoming marriage, lends his support to his brother in blood's claim to the throne. I ask for you all to share in the warmth that this wondrous news brings us all."

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 11:01:01 PM »
"We'll then gentlemen, that places the Count von Altenburg in possession of enough votes to become Emperor. And with only two allies its likely that he still has positions of high office that could be filled if a third lord decided to also commit himself to the Count."

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
"We'll then gentlemen, that places the Count von Altenburg in possession of enough votes to become Emperor. And with only two allies its likely that he still has positions of high office that could be filled if a third lord decided to also commit himself to the Count."

Well, we'll have to see, there's always the possibility we might have lost a vote or two this turn (or perhaps gained a vote or two) and besides its not over until the fat lady sings as they say, and I think I can hear Mathilde von Boyce tuning up in the ackground somewhere...

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 10:39:34 PM »
"I congratulate you on your wedding arrangement sir, I pray that it brings a happy union between your two households, however long they may last." The messenger in the blue and yellow attire of Stattenland finally makes his presence known.
"I bring news from the east, votes have been declared to von Kerpen.
"May the elections begin in earnest!"
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 01:13:27 AM »
"As Frau Mathilde sports a fine beard, we shall wait and see. But to our distinguished friend from Stattenland, I can but raise my glass in a toast to your civility. Come what may, I hope that we all remember that as fellow Ulricans and Middenlanders, that we should follow our comrade's example."

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 01:29:21 AM »
Mathilde neglected to comment on the derogatory remarks made toward her weight - puppy fat she thought, she always considered herself buxom at most. The Empire of Wolves is cold this time of year.

As for a beard? The only beard a lady of the Von Boyce family is a frothy, white one of Brass Keep's finest ale; sporting a moustache to boot as well. She never was one for table manners as Lord Sangerhausen well knows.

"Give me a song and I shall sing it!" She proclaimed in joyous mood.
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 01:38:51 AM »
Karl raised a glass to the lady. He wasn't smiling, as it was a rare act for the man, but there was no malice in his voice when he spoke. "A jest was made, and it was received as such. Between you and our Stattenburg friend, there may be hope for our Empire just yet. If you would oblige, how about Wolfgang's 'winter's requiem'?"

It was an old song, and a somber one. It was written over two centuries ago by a soldier who had lost his brother fighting beastmen in the frozen forests of Middenland. It was traditionally sung at winters end, as a way to bless the souls of all who did not live to see the spring.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 04:58:09 AM »
The man from Stattenland nodded along to the sombre tune, having heard it many times over the past 6 years.
"You give a great rendition good sir, I have not heard that tune this year."
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 05:59:47 AM »
Karl nodded respectfully. "I freely admit that I have sung it far too often this winter. This tune grew on us after the battle of Delburz; I believe one of my men brought the tune with him from a trip to the north. Which I feel is appropriate, for this song belongs to all Ulricans. Good sir, if I may be so bold. What is your name? I would know it so that I might invite you to my holdings come the spring thaw."

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 08:30:24 AM »
Hemming Gadh chuckled a bit under his beard as he walked in.

"Well, well! A weeding! I see Altenberg is keen to gain supporters any way possible. Well, well..."
"You know what" he look around the audience "He tried, or rather his sly diplomat tried to Woo von Tiefen promising half the Empire but avoided mentioning that he had promised some of von Tiefens possession to someone else! I thin I heard a similar story from a Hornhausen supporter. Seems the Altenbergers talks wiith with the forkes tounge of a snake!"

The Ulrician priest smiled sardonically towards the assembled.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:25 AM »
"Most odd indeed. We asked for the lands of another and were denied the request. This is because the good lord is an honorable man who refused to promise what could not be certainly delivered. He risked our support with his honesty, but through it sealed our trust and loyalty to his cause. So tell me, did you actually speak to lord Altenburg? Was it he who signed any of these alleged letters? If not I would recommend dealing with the man directly."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:10:50 AM by Grumbaki »

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
Dealing with him directly? Oh, I really see you were given a special... treatment. From what I have heard it all went past his smoothtounged diplomat. Who is running the Altenbergers, really? Hmm... That is worth considering.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 09:47:51 AM »
"Altenburg. We dealt with his diplomat, who worked out a rough agreement with us. When it was brought to lord Altenburg's attention he made it clear what he can and cannot do. We accepted his amended terms, which brings us to where we are. Perhaps if you would have engaged in a meaningful conversation you would have received the same treatment as well? Though I dare say it is not too late. I would urge you to spend your time aiding your lord, rather than mocking others. If nothing else, it is unbecoming of a wolf priest."

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 10:06:07 AM »
"Unbecoming, aye. Well, I can tell you many things that are unbecoming in our empire, and me giving a few growls sure is not part of it!"

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »
"Well this is most surprising, for what I understand the Altenburg diplomats have not been promising half the empire to anyone. Infact the first we heard of such promises was via third parties, apparently the von Hornhausen supporters have acess to diplomatic correspondence that the diplomats themselves have never seen. It's is not to say that offers that would benefit one party over another have not been made, but the Altenburg diplomatic team would be fooling indeed to actually agree to multiple deals offering up the same land."

"In fact see as they have the commitment of two lords far from von Tiefen, I would ask how they could have promised away your lands, unless you think they are agreeing to force a chance in ownership of territory in exchange for nothing? Or does The Lord von Tiefen believe his lands extend much further then they actually do."

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »
"Ah, more slithering talk. One could start to think this is some tilean court and not the court of the Wolf. Sangerhausens are close enough to us, I would say. Would not suprise me if they got some juicy promises as compensation for being handled so roughly... But then, considering how they dared not oppose a numerically inferior force besieging their lords keep with the main bulk of their army... nah, not suprised."

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »
"Yes this is the court of the Wolf, not the court of the Ogre. For a wolf in an animal with more than just brawn, it possesses cunning and intelligence as well as raw strength. It knows its enemies and knows when and where to strike so as to ensure as swift kill. A wolf is no mad beast, charging towards its death heedless of what will happen, it is something much more cunning and savvy then that. A wolf knows that the best way to gain what it wants is not always the most bloody, it understand that at times one must acknowledge the superiority of the Alpha Wolf so as to gain the position of the beta. A wolf is also able to recognise a trap when it sees one, a trap such as that you have just attempted to set."