home

Author Topic: Non-GHB2017 Warscroll Battalions  (Read 1382 times)

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
Non-GHB2017 Warscroll Battalions
« on: April 13, 2018, 04:10:49 AM »
Why do people think that non-GHB2017 or newer warscroll battalions aren't matched play legal anymore? If you have the warscroll and the pitched battle profile, then it seems that it should be legal, as long as you are using the newest version of the pitched battle profile.

I mean tournament organisers etc. can rule whichever way they want - and I can see convenience and easy access as a reason for doing so - as they're the ones running the tournament. From a default ruleset point of view, being able to use it as long as it's the newest version of the pitched battle profile seems to be the way it was intended from wording in GHB2017 and FAQs.

Is it just people overthinking/misinterpreting things or have I missed some crucial line of text somewhere? 
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: Non-GHB2017 Warscroll Battalions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:25:57 PM »
It's not a simple answer.

There isn't a hard and fast written rule or official list that says they aren't valid.   in fact in many places GW say it's your game play it how you like.  It's up to you and your opponent what you agree to use as far as rules go.  So, if you're playing a game against a friend, speak to him or her about it beforehand.

Having said that, most people tend toward a general accepted consensus.  And the consensus was that since most warscoll batallions got a fairly hefty increase in points, and a lot of those that didn't get points going forward were for legacy compendium batallions, or in older versions of battletomes, so the assumption is that those are no longer intended to be supported by GW for their events, and many tournaments follow in what the bigger events do.

It might be worth checking to see if a particular battalion is selectable on the Warscoll Builder, or in the Azyr section of the Age of Sigmar app.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

It may be that if they are not on those list builders, then they are generally considered defunct