home

Author Topic: Ben's Tournament Journey- FINISHED GOT AN AWARD!!! Photos added  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Tanker

• Members
Re: Ben's Tournament Journey- FINISHED GOT AN AWARD!!! Photos added
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
They look great even as quickly as you painted them. If you actually had the time to do it, I can't imagine how good they would look. It's take me a loooonng time to paint like that and still wouldn't have that quality. Good job.
"The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese." - unknown

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
Re: Ben's Tournament Journey- FINISHED GOT AN AWARD!!! Photos added
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 02:48:58 PM »
It's not hard. Lots of inking and drybrushing. I use a flat head paint brush.

The IC horses: I use various paint companies, mostly Valejo Model Colour

Intense Blue over all the barding.
Andrea Blue on most of the surfaces, leave recesses in the armour and don't paint the ridges of the armour
Game Colour Blue Ink the entire thing.
Andrea Blue painted on the armour plating leaving the ridges of the armour and the joins of the armour (the ink just adds a depth of colour missing). Don't paint the areas going to gold.

Highlight with Sky Blue.

Paint the Gold areas with Brass (gold won't work on the blue as I found out). Paint over the Brass with Gold. Ink the Gold with a 1:1 Chestnut Ink:Brown Ink mixed with 50% water- do not let it pool just shade the gold.

Paint a black line around the gold and neck plates.

1 thing I need to add is a coat of Natural Silver highly on the gold plates.

The red is even easier!

Mechrite Red (GW paint) Dry brush Flat Red. Ink with a 2:1 Game Colour Red Ink: Game Colour Blue Ink mix with 30% water. Depending on the blue added you get a deep burgundy/purple colour. I love it. Ink the models!

Dry Brush Flat Red or Carmine Red (Carmine is a little lighter).

Highlight with Fiery Orange (or GW Blazing Orange)

Ink with Game Colour Red Ink.

The red horses are the same as above but with the gold steps from the horse.

In this manor I was able to do them all quickly.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.