home

Author Topic: Round 7  (Read 4365 times)

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
Round 7
« on: August 31, 2005, 04:42:58 PM »
Alright boys, we did it!!

Now, what next? I suspect that Stirland will attempt to take back The Uneasy Watchman, not Udo's. Sheerly for the reason that we already have a 15000 point lead there, and it would take 2 rounds to win it back. I will only play three games this round, cause of school, but don't ecpect me to even win that many. Fortunately, I won some last round that I could not post, so I can maybe post 5, but not all massacres.

What should we do next? We took Udo's, but that was all we seemed to want to do, so now we have no strategy. Depending on the modifiers, continuing to attack Stirland may be the best option.

Or Bechafen could be relativley ignored as the other factions continue to fight each other. If we attacked Bechafen with all we have, that is three rounds at least before we are cut off from it. Is that enough time?

Well, stop by, and say what you think, and what we should do.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 7
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 08:16:42 PM »
Well, we certainly have to try and play as many skirmish games as we can, and post them at Bechafen. We are only a few points behind of the other factions there, so I think we should try and post as many battles as we can there too. We probably can't take it, but I'd like to become the most powerfull faction there! I have played some battles using the "chaos in the streets" scenario, and can post them at Bechafen any moment...

I don't think we have any other choices really: attacking the Höhleburg seems stupid, with the massive lead and the extra modifiers the Stirlanders have there.
We can also attack the Uneasy Watchman now that we hold Udo's Fall, but I don't even consider that an option (both Stirland and Middenland have more than 70 000 points there!).
And at Kaltenbach, the last site we could attack, the Middenlanders are 10 000 points ahead of us. Maybe a surprise attack could work (I  have two fully themed "river crossing"  massacres for that location, 3200 points on its own), but that would require almost all of our battles. I'd still very much like to contest it, but that would be very difficult...
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Joey

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 08:29:23 PM »
I don't think attacking kislev is a good idea, they have left us alone for the most part I think we should do the same unless they come after us.  I say post you skirmishes and try and take the city.

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:39:10 PM »
Minor reinforcement of Udo's Fall, and then post everything else at Bechafen on the last/second to last day. We can only do last minute attacks, but defence should be a running thing.  
I say we don't post till the day after tomorrow, just hold everything till then. Then we can make sure that we can launch a successful attacks every round.

So, are we decided? Defend Udo's, and try to gain more power in Bechafen?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 7
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 09:16:28 PM »
Do we really need to defend Udo's? I might be mistaken, but I hope that Stirland will first try to get the Watchman back. And even the lapdogs of the grand Theogonist should have noticed by now that fighting on two fronts is not a good idea. :wink:

We could post maybe a couple of battles there (two would suffice, I feel, or maybe even just one) to show the Stirlanders that we are determined to defend it, and leave it alone after that. If there comes an assault, we can always try and defend it afterwards. I have still one solid victory with the "raid" scenario, that would do nicely to strengthen our position there even further. Or should I keep that one in reserve?

Attacking Bechafen seems the right way to go now (and defend our other territories, of course). We probably won't take it, but posting the majority of our battles there should make us the most powerfull faction there, I hope.
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 09:29:03 PM »
Well, I meant that anyhting that needs to be done, can be done later, and we will have a better Idea of everything later.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 07:39:23 AM »
I say get a couple of battle posted at the fall, another 3000pts or so early will scare them off that. Let them concentrate on the watchmen and defending the Holenburg.

As you've all said the late attempt to take Bechafen is the best idea. Last minute push on it. If we can at the end, what 2/3 round, have four locations and be the major player in Bechafen then really we've won. We started with least players and yet prevailed. We need to watch the brundstruck for a middenland attack and hope they want to smash the stirlanders. Worst come to worst the Ostermark will be a land of Ulric.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 7
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 10:40:27 AM »
All right. I'll post my "raid" battle at Udo's Fall then.

As for the Brustenbrucke: well, I said above that I still have two "river crossing" massacres, played a while ago when we still were attacking Kaltenbach. Those can serve equally well in defense of the Brustenbrucke! But that's not needed right now, I think the Middenlanders will concentrate on Bechafen and the Watchman, just like they did last round.

EDIT: it occured to me that Stirland once again can't attack Bechafen. Wouldn't it be worth it, then, to draw the Middenlanders away from Bechafen? I mean, by posting only a little amount of battles at Kaltenbach, they might become afraid of an attack and post more battles there. This would leave them weakened at Bechafen...

Not sure that this is the right course of action. Could it turn the Middenlanders against us? But I think that it would make the Middenlanders post at Kaltenbach, and at the Watchman too, where they have to defend themselves. They won't be attacking in Bechafen as much, nor make an attack at the Brustenbrucke.

Ideas?
cisse

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 01:12:34 PM »
We could closer to the time post a few minor battles at Kaltenbach to tempt the M/K to post a load of battles there as they think we will attack there to take the mission.
While we last minute ram a load to Bechafen, this is the key. The no riot score bonus can seriously increase our total but we must watch out for other battling there as they will increase the score.

Your right about the bridge, leave it for now but keep an eye on it.

I'm still worried that some sort of trouble will arise at the fall, GT kurt is coming and he's been tainted by the necomancy of the books of Nagash. The fall seems the logical place for this to happen as it has a source of magical energy there already. I say top it up early then leave it. See how it goes between M/K and stir at the watchmen.

Are we saying that we will not attack Holenburg then?

We need battles at Bechafen to win outright so with the modifier we must attack there and keep enough battle to cover any offensives by the others.

So why you complaining!

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 03:03:32 PM »
Well, I just wona game, and have two massacres from last round I could not post, and am playing another 2 games, so I may be able to muster a full offensive.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 7
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 03:27:47 PM »
Hmmm. How's this then?

step 1 First post some battles at Udo's Fall, then leave it to be. Even if it is attacked, we can always retaliate if we wish, since we will be holding the bulk of our battles back 'till the last day of this round.

step 2 Wait till the day before the last, and post some battles at Kltenbach to draw the Middenlanders away from Bechafen.

step 3 In the last day of this round, if none of our other locations are threatened, attack Bechafen with all we've got.

I have one battle for Udo's, and two for Kaltenbach, all with the appropriate scenario, so I'd like to post them there. If we can post two other battles at Udo's, I think that will be enough. As for Kaltenbach, I also think we should not post too many battles there (maybe one more besides the two I've got) - it's meant to draw the Middenlanders away, if it doesn't work, pity, but we don't need to keep pouring battles in.
cisse

Offline Joey

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 07:04:59 PM »
I dunno about attacking the middenlanders we have done very well and we have stirland on the brink.. you know that both factions want the uneasy watchman so why should we break up the attack on stirland.  We should try and have a little more influence in bechafen and also protect udo's falls and i think we should definetly start putting pressure on the last stirland outpost at holenburg

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 7
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 07:19:19 PM »
Hmmm... I wouldn't attack the Hohleburg. With an extra +25% modifier, a massive lead already (18 000 points or something), and a much higher avarage points total posted per round, the Stirlanders will have absolutely no difficulty in seeing us off.

As for the Middenlanders - I think the only effect of our "attack" at Kaltenbach would be that they post some extra battles there. Will they attack us at the Brustenbrucke? Very unlikely, I think they want to retake the Watchman first.
cisse

Offline Joey

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 10:19:18 PM »
I agree the modifier is a big advantage but even if we can gain some influence there then maybe we can do more damage next round when they don't have the modifier.  Plus I think that stirland are going to focus on the watchman so any thing we can do to whittle their edge in Hohlenburg may set us up for sucess in later rounds.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 7
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 10:53:34 PM »
They are 18 000 points ahead of us! And they are a much larger faction than we are (in terms of points posted per round). For us, 18 000 points represent the amount of points of an entire round, while the Stirlanders have almost twice as many. Besides, the modifier will remain for as long as we threaten them - the campaign moderators can't risk one of the factions being annihilated.

If we attack Hohleburg, we will not achieve anything there. What we will do is draw the Stirlanders away from the fighting at the Watchman - a bad thing, as far as I'm concerned. Let the Stirlanders and Middenlanders fight each other, and let us reap the rewards!

I think that we must limit ourselves to one main attack each round, and that Bechafen is the most obvious target right now. I stand by what I said in earlier posts - consolidate Udo's with a few battles, maybe post some battles at Kaltenbach, and throw everything else at Bechafen.
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 11:15:27 PM »
No need to consolidate Udo's, we are leading by 16000. So just put three battles at Kaltenbach and then attack Bechafen on the last day.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 12:42:33 AM »
Also Joey, we don't want to wipe out Stirland, because in a one on one fight with Middenland we'll loose, plain and simple. We don't have the resources to throw around that they do. Should get a few games in on the weekend so I'll see how I go. Remember to post skirmishes too.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 06:46:03 AM »
We have a plan them, Put one/two battles in Udo's to push it to a  20,000pts lead. Skirmish in Bechafen and hit it hard on the last day. Day before whack Kaltenbach with three or so to scare the M/k.

So why you complaining!

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 07:11:37 PM »
How about, we post one more battle at Udo's, and then full out it to Kaltenbach/Brustenbruck. I think that the Middenland will attack us there to boost them to four territories, so I am going to post every battle I have to there.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 7
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 11:44:43 PM »
Well, I won a battle using the "chaos in the streets" scenario, and I'll post it at Bechafen. I also got those two "river crossing" massacres, and I'll post these at Kaltenbach (seems a waste not to...). I'm making these posts now, because I don't know if I'll be able to come online again before the end of this round.

As I see it, we have two concerns besides Bechafen: first, we *might* be able to take Kaltenbach, but I wouldn't count on it. I wouldn't post any more battles there this round, and see what happens there.
Second, we need to hold Udo's Fall. I don't know what the Stirlanders are up to, but it could always be an attack at Udo's Fall (even though it would make more sense for them to attack the Watchman, I think). Maybe you could hold a couple of battles in reserve and post these at Udo's if necessary.

Besides that, I'd still attack Bechafen with everything else. Oh, and we need skirmishes, boys!
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 03:46:21 AM »
Well, we have already put a lot of effort at Kaltenbach, we have to keep going there. We cannot attack two places at once! We must ALL attack Kaltenbach. Co-ordination has kept us in this, and the only time we failed to take somewhere was when we could not decide where to attack, and lost Udo's and made fools of oursleves at Kaltenbach.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 7
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 09:43:37 AM »
Hmm, yes, you're probably right, we can't divide our forces. But I think we will turn the Middenlanders away from the Watchman too if we attack too much at Kaltenbach, and that's a bad thing!
Oh well, ley's try to take Kaltenbach then...
cisse

Offline Joey

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 04:17:47 PM »
Although I am posting there I do believe we got a little greedy at Kaltenbach this may be a 2 front war IF stirland can take advantage of the repreive we are giving them from the middenlanders.  Sigh, I doubt we will make any signifagant gains this round in either kaltenbach or bechafen, and I think that uneasy truce we had with the middenland faction is gone.

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 04:19:09 PM »
That is good! If Stirland takes back the Watchman, then Middenland will have a LOT more problems on their hands. This will throw the Mids into a much more hectic place; especially if we press the attack, and so does Stirland, I think we can push Middenland into submission(where they should have been all along).
Gave into the WoW.

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 7
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005, 04:25:47 PM »
Wow, I JUST got in a skirmish before Calvin closed the round. And I mean I went to post, no "round 7 closed" thread, I post, there is a "round 7 closed" thread!
Gave into the WoW.