home

Author Topic: Warhammer-underEmpire - Home for the Skaven on W-E  (Read 168619 times)

Offline Aldaris

• Members
Re: Warhammer-underEmpire - Home for the Skaven on W-E
« Reply #1150 on: October 05, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
Sent in the list today - basically unchanged. The Warlord idea got scrapped because a) freeing up the points to make the Warlord at least okay'ish would be very hard, and b) because I don't have a good model for a second Warlord.

I'll just have to tough it out in game 3 with mister atom bomb sword as my general.

Or perhaps I'll get lucky like last year where my game 3 opponent briliantly decided that removing my BSB would hurt the most. He played Chaos. I got rid of his lvl 4 Tzeentch Disc sorcerer in turn, and so had vastly better magic and vastly better shooting. It wasn't pretty.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:52:29 PM by Aldaris »

Offline Crimsonsphinx

• Members
  • A mind without purpose walks in dark places
    • marcwalpole
« Reply #1151 on: October 06, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »
You might be lucky, they may remove your Fellblade guy!
Stare into the Abyss and the Abyss stares back.

Visit my 40k blog http://2plusdispel.blogspot.com/ updated four or more times a month and offers painting advice and gaming advice for warhammer 40,000

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1152 on: October 06, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »
I will go all over the tournament and tell everyone how incredibly broken that warlord with fellblade is...just walking around and killing everything with his high I before it gets to strike.

I am also pretty happy if someone gets rid of my War Altar and leaves me with the Steam Tank and the lvl 4 lore of life guy.  :happy:

Most likely they will get rid of my Mage though.

Offline Crimsonsphinx

• Members
    • marcwalpole
« Reply #1153 on: October 06, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »
If they get to remove a model, does that include any ridden warmachines/monsters?

Visit my 40k blog http://2plusdispel.blogspot.com/ updated four or more times a month and offers painting advice and gaming advice for warhammer 40,000

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #1154 on: October 06, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
Yep, any one model, which means you could either remove the monster or the rider, but not both (as I understand it).

• Members
« Reply #1155 on: October 06, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »
Nope ridden monster the whole thing is gone...so dragon riders are very unpopular.

Also I always wonder why so many vampire players are coming to our tournament, with the Vampire lord gone it is mostly easy breasy against the undead hordes.

Offline Crimsonsphinx

• Members
    • marcwalpole
« Reply #1156 on: October 06, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
Must be fun for any Vampire or Lizardman players :icon_rolleyes:  It seems to me that this rule penalises certain armies way way more than others.  Most chaos warrior armies could probably lose any one of their characters and it not really matter one iota.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #1157 on: October 06, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »
It doesn't really penalize any particular army, after all you know about this rule beforehand and can adjust your list accordingly. Or you decide to just take the hit in game 3 and go for it in games 1 and 2.

• Members
« Reply #1158 on: October 06, 2011, 11:48:23 AM »
I already went to town with a TEclis army...(guess who was missing game 3) and did well as I stomped the first two games.

This third scenario penalises ALL armies that have one very powerful game changing model. For a Lizard Army I would go with 2 slann and make a saurus the bsb. As a Vampire I most likely would do the same using two lord choices.

We donīt want to ban anything and this scenario is going since 6th edition where a Dragon could stomp through armies, if you want Superman you can bring him along but he wonīt be fighting the third scenario.

(your opponent also gets all points for the character so if he is the general he also gets the 100 extra points).

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #1159 on: November 27, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »
Hi All

I have just found this great thread full of skaven goodness.
I have decided to run them over my empire for an upcoming tournament and am looking for advice on this list.

Tournament is 2400pts no restrictions, special characters allowed, but will be comped.

I have a preference for an army that attacks and has plenty of models removed on either side of the battle, usually more of mine :)
I am also lookng at using the seer on the bell primarily for the 18" inspiring presence, but am not afraid to risk 6 dice on a spell if it turns the game.
One of my main concerns has been the lack of a can opener to deal with steam tanks and other nasties...only the doomwhel and abom have S6. I have looked at either a chieftan or assasin designed to kill the big things in the place of the engineers.
Any advice is appreciated, I will be testing most suggestions out.

Anyway, the list:

Grey Seer (with clanrats)
Screaming Bell, Dispel Scoll

Chieftan (BSB) (hidden in 2nd rank of clanrats)
HA Shield

Warlock Engineer
Level 1, Skavenbrew (starts with stormvermin)

Warlock Engineer (with slaves)
Level 1

29 Clanrats with Shield (pushing bell)
Full Command

50 Slaves
Muscian

50 Slaves
Muscian

50 Stormvermin
Full Command, Razor Standard

30 Plague Monks
Full Command, Plague Banner

6 Gutter Runners, slings, poison

6 Gutter Runners, slings, poison

5 giant rats with packmaster

5 giant rats with packmaster

Hellpit Abomination

Doomwheel
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Odominus

• Members
  • Winter is Coming
« Reply #1160 on: December 21, 2011, 01:13:55 AM »
Just a few updated pics.

My 3000pt Skaven army commanded by Grey Seer Ook.

Yay my one and only Abomb finally painted..

I have 7 Gutter Runners to finish to be fully done. Now I just need to get this army out there fighting :icon_mrgreen:

Odo drops the bombs and laughs at all the clucking.

......, it would really help if you did research before spouting your opinion...

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1161 on: April 26, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »
Got a situation where Grey Seer Star against me last sunday came across

He fielded the Bell in a unit of clan rats, he clanrats were 7 wide with the bell, 4 on one side and 3 on the other.. The bell is 3 models wide does this count as a horde formation or should there be 5 on either side of the bell for that?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
« Reply #1162 on: April 26, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »
I just read up on the rules regarding different base sizes in the brb (because of my mounted chars I want to field) and as long as the model fits into the unit like other models (for example a 40 mm base filling up the spot for 4 20 mm models) it also counts for ranks and can be moved within the unit.

If the bases donīt fit (like cav with 25 mm in 20 mm infantry) you have to go on the side and donīt fill up ranks.

I think the chariot base of the bell fits in the formation (I think it only should be 2 models wide though but could be wrong here) it also counts for filling up for hordes....

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1163 on: April 26, 2012, 01:11:17 PM »
ok, that will hurt with spears then with the skaven Frenzy spell active..
The bell he used is an older model that should/could be mounted on a 60x100 base

4 ranks can poke and 1st rank also with 2 extra attacks..

in his example
28 + 14 + extra from champion = 43 attacks... ouch

Or would the extra rank from spearmen also be affected with the extra attacks?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:17:33 PM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #1164 on: April 26, 2012, 08:24:44 PM »
Or would the extra rank from spearmen also be affected with the extra attacks?

Only monstrous infantry and cavalry gets multiple attacks from the second rank, ever. And even then it's a maximum of 3 (and no mounts).

I don't like doing that because it puts my Seer in the fighting rank, with 5 enemy models in contact.

Not so good.