home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 644844 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #4600 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:49 PM »
Klaus spits out next to Heinrich.......for a moment it looked as if he might aim for his face only calming down in the last moment.

"Yes....sure Heinrich no harm done, my pride is the issue here I am terribly sorry that I only realized it now. Admund you too take my sincere apologies for my rudeness."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:17:30 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4601 on: April 02, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »
Admund's icy glare remains on Klaus, and says not a word. His eyes trace up and down him.

Without acknowledging Klaus, he turns to Heinrich. "I've got a bad feeling about Bardin. Yorri said that he saw him meeting with the ore merchant Ogrim recently, and Helga mentioned seeing him at Steifel's Alchemical Emporium in Frieburg. This has a bad taste about it. We know where Bardin is staying, since Helga knew a package was delivered to the Scholar's Inn for Bardin. Whatever it is he's cooking up, he's already got something in hand."

Casting a glance at Julian, Admund let's out a sigh, "I know this, Bardin doesn't simply want to kill Julian, he wants to humiliate him. As for us, we're fair game. At least we know where he is staying, and the two warehouses he's been using. We could try and get him at his Inn, but chances are it's a fairly public place, and Bardin's probably out. Do we find his room, and ambush him? Check the warehouses, and hopefully catch him unawares?"
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4602 on: April 02, 2013, 11:38:05 PM »
"Please, there's no need to fight!" Max says desperately, "we're all friends here!"

"Aye, save it for Bardin you daft bastards," Ragni says.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4603 on: April 02, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »
Klaus looks like he is considering saying something but doesn´t....after having a blank look for a while he just says "Yes....friends. Now lets go and get something to eat."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4604 on: April 02, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »
Julian was resting and smoking his pipe, but in the kerfuffle he rises to his feet, his voice getting louder as he nears the end of his sentence. "cut it out, arguing like a pair of beardless children" [ld test]

Julian will push Admund away from Klaus, as he does his pipe is knocked to the floor and burning tobacco singes his beard. He doesn't seem to notice

"We've seen and fought things like this king more times than you can imagine, and Klaus has slain demons himself. His courage is not in doubt, even if he likes his silk too much. Besides he was right, we broke into that dwarfs house for no reason, all of us obsessed with Bardin. We could have been killed, killed an innocent, arrested, exectued. We were lucky to kill The King and our focus on Bardin is the reason why"

and turning on klaus "and you don't fucking help matters klaus. We COULD have used you last night and against The King and I would hope that you would show some more compassion for us as we were almost all killed. You were right. We didn't deal with Bardin the right way last night. But I will not leave him to the powers of the watch, in a corrupt empire, both with money and chaos, in a dwarf hating city."

Julian sits back down, looking tired, and notices his burnt beard "Now look what you've made me do!" he pats it out "If we are to work together, why are we fighting each other like skaven or goblins"

[if julian gets the chance, he will feed lizard beast some food!]
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #4605 on: April 02, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »
Klaus looks ashamed.....he bows down to carefully pick up Julians pipe stuffs it with some tobacco...his stiff fingers making it a chore but he already got used how to use his fingers nimbly.... and after lighting it hands it back to Julian.

"I have compassion for you....and I do care about you. All of you. But you should listen to me more often...I got you rich...and have your interest in mind...... also we all should listen to Max more often..."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4606 on: April 03, 2013, 12:14:11 AM »
[Julian's Ld test = 03, so he's very commanding!]

"You should all listen to the Boss more," Ragni says, "he's the eldest and he knows the most! You humans don't appreciate your elders properly."

"I'm sorry I didn't help you, Mr Julian," Max says, hanging his head, "I should have gone with you on your mission, instead of staying here and sleeping. I didn't even manage to translate any of that notebook you found. The code is very difficult to break. I will keep trying though... but in the meantime, I'm ready to help deal with Bardin. It was wrong of me to put my beliefs about the law above the needs of my friends.

"I think we should go to his inn and investigate. I'll gladly go by myself!"
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #4607 on: April 03, 2013, 06:37:45 AM »
"I will set this straight, time to swap my silks I think...but I will need one of you guys, Ragni or Julian. Lets go over to this house you think Bardin might be in, we watch it until a servant leaves the house to run an errand, get some food or whatever we snatch him, knock him unconcious I disguise as him and then enter the house I can look like him...and speak like him, that way I can scout the house without any risk of danger, I am sorry I didn´t think about this before but I guess my mind was occupied on how to defeat the King.....also I think we STILL should talk with a mage about it, could be we only turned him away until the next night...or month. While I gather informations you can rest and get something to eat."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:31:17 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4608 on: April 03, 2013, 09:53:15 AM »
Admund steps back and lets Julian speak. His face doesn't change expression, but he nods as Julian talks.

Admund wipes his face with his hand, and sighs again. "This Ogrim fellow seemed too modest to have a servant for you to impersonate, Klaus. Plus, what's the most we could find out? What Bardin is up to? We can find that out by visiting the Scholar's Inn just as well, and we hopefully won't have to jump some poor lad in the process. We could sneak into his room and try to ambush him, but what if he's there? Besides, it's the middle of the day we'd cause too much commotion dealing with Bardin."

"I'm willing to go check out the warehouses," Admund continues, "and I understand if none of you want to come with me. If you think it's better, i'll go with someone to the Scholar's Inn too. Maybe snoop around his room and find his whereabouts."

"If he's there," Admund shrugs, "we'll deal with him."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:31:44 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4609 on: April 04, 2013, 12:07:21 AM »
"Can't we just go to the inn and ask where he is?" Ragni says. "He might still be having breakfast if we go now! We could see if he's still dwarf enough to accept a challenge!"
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4610 on: April 04, 2013, 06:38:34 AM »
Admund looks at Ragni, shrugs, then looks at Julian. "Okay. I don't think Bardin will go for it though. What do you think Julian?"

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #4611 on: April 04, 2013, 01:21:06 PM »
"Of course, doktor," Mortus says.   "Though I do want to go to Bogenhafen swiftly."   Mortus will eat quickly and sparingly, chatting happily to the doktor.   Then she will prepare to go to Boganhafen by the swiftest method.   She will send a guard to offer Janna a lift with her as far as Bogenhafen.

• Members
« Reply #4612 on: April 04, 2013, 02:58:30 PM »
"I suggest the following, I will disguise and try to find out what I can about Bardin the rest of you either goes to our inn for some rest or meets me in an hour at the inn Bardin is staying in, by then I will have figured out if he is in there or not then Julian confronts him and we either end up killing him, abducting him or making him our new friend as we seem to attract strange people constantly to our group. So ....give me an hour and I will check in front of the inn by that time."

Klaus will leave with a wide smile, he will get some cheap leather armour and disguise as a common sellsword using dye and different techniques he learned on his travels with some gypsies he looks afterwards like some scum that has already lived off the land and off the streets for several years, his hair is black his teeth look rotten and he stinks of sour sweat, his own mother wouldn´t recognize him any longer but he looks all like someone who would sell her for a couple of coins....He then goes to the inn to figure out if there is a Dwarf that is looking for some help by professional soldiers,  if he meets with Bardin he will state that he heard that Bardin is still looking for muscle and pays rather well.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4613 on: April 04, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »
“Ragni’s right, I’m just going to deal with this like a dwarf. Even though Bardin probably wont let me. I’ll give you 5 minutes to go and find him, then I’m going to the inn to challenge him.”

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #4614 on: April 04, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
“Ragni’s right, I’m just going to deal with this like a dwarf. Even though Bardin probably wont let me. I’ll give you 5 minutes to go and find him, then I’m going to the inn to challenge him.”

"you could at least give me some preperation time Julian...I know you ache for revenge but I already have an idea that will give us his head even if he tries to run. Just one hour then come to the inn with the others I will give you a signal when I step out of the inn and I scratch my nose ...than he is inside ....and you guys come in and do that challenge thing, if he decides to flee I will go with him and figure out where he goes so we can take him out without half Middenheim seeing it and charging us with murder."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4615 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19:24 PM »
“I like your plan Klaus, but Bardin won’t be at the inn in an hour”

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #4616 on: April 04, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »
[How fast can Klaus disguise himself without the sour stink and beard....dying his hair black and giving him an overall rougish look without Bardin being able to recognize him?]

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4617 on: April 04, 2013, 03:22:03 PM »
Admund wipes his eyes again in frustration. "Right. While you dandies get organized, I'm going to pay a visit to Yorri at Bolgrim's Forge. It's on the way to the Scholar, just on the west side of the park. I'll be there talking to the smith."

Admund will set out to Bolgrim's Forge to get advice on some armor purchases from Yorri.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:29:02 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4618 on: April 04, 2013, 04:14:36 PM »
[It would surely take Klaus a while to dye his hair properly... and buy the stuff he needs. At least 30 min]

Admund sets off at once for the Neumarkt. The district is composed of several markets, interspersed with workshops and homes. There are separate areas for leather goods, metalwork, pottery, and all sorts of other products (everything except food and drink, which is handled by the Altmarket, not far to the south). The area is bustling with shoppers and tradesmen. Apprentices run to and fro on errands for their masters.

Admund follows the sound of ringing hammers, and soon locates Schmienstrasse where the metalworkers are. He goes into Bolgrim's Forge. Yorri, wearing a heavy leather apron, is busy hammering a breastplate into shape. He stops when he sees Admund.

"Hello, friend! Glad you came by. What sort of thing are you looking for?"
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4619 on: April 04, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »
Julian, Ragni, Heinrich and Max set off for the Scholar's Inn, while Klaus hurries to get a disguise together.

The inn isn't far from the Templar's Arms - no more than ten minute's walk around the edge of the park. The Frieburg, the area where the inn is located, is a pleasant, middle-class area with clean streets and orderly buildings. The watch are a very noticeable presence on the streets. Many of the passers by are carrying books or scrolls, headed to or from the Wizard's Guild or the Collegium Theologica. Street artists hang around the cafes sketching flattering or satirical portraits of the patrons.

The Scholar's Inn itself is a large, fine-looking establishment with an extremely elaborate sign. Inside, it is packed with antiques and dusty books. The tables are equipped with boardgames, including chess sets from places as far afield as Nippon, Ind and Cathay. Many of the patrons are busy playing these, while others are simply enjoying their breakfast.

Seated at a table in the corner, shoveling bacon into his mouth, is a black-beared dwarf with a sneering face and a ridiculous hat. Bardin!

He hasn't noticed the group yet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:03:24 PM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4620 on: April 04, 2013, 06:00:12 PM »
Julian marches up to Bardin's table and throws his gauntlet down next to his baconplate.

"Dwinbarson" Julian sneers, unable to hide the contempt from his voice "You have plagued me since the day we met. You tried to kidnap and flogged my friend. This ends now"

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4621 on: April 04, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »
Admund enters the smithy not wearing his sleeved chain mail shirt, but has it folded up and drapped over his arm. The morning weather is nice, and his padded gambeson is rolled up in his bag.

"Mornin' Yorri!" Says Admund with a firm handshake and a grin, "Funny how dark nights are followed by nice days."

After exchanging some polite words with his dwarf friend, Admund will inquire about the prices of different armor and ask for advice. "I'm light on crowns, so I'm thinking about competing in the Minotaur fights sometime at the carnival. What do you think would be best?"

"I have this sleeved chain mail shirt, but I'm thinking of upgrading. How much does a nice breastplate cost? What about a sleeved coat of chain hauberk? Could I trade you this chain shirt and pay the difference? It's used but I've never taken a hit on it, and there's no rust. I take care of my armor."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:10:06 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4622 on: April 04, 2013, 09:00:36 PM »
Bardin looks up at Julian. His face immediately twists into an expression of total hatred, and he leaps to his feet. "Stonebridge! You worthless lying traitor! Yes, I whipped your little pet dog. So what? You destroyed my life! You faked the evidence that got me thrown out of the guild, just because I didn't approve of your ridiculous toy balloons. Do you know what I went through?" He spits on the ground. "The guild performed the trouser leg ritual on me. I wanted to die... I came close to taking the slayer oath. The only thing that stopped me was the thought of your sanctimonious bloody face... you'd have loved to see me scar myself and cut off my beard. Well, I wouldn't give you the satisfaction! The humans took me in... and in some ways that was worse than dying. All I've lived for is the thought of getting my revenge on you. Well, I wanted you to be humiliated, like I was. But I'll settle for killing you with my own hands."

He draws a rapier, and takes up a fencing stance. "Draw your bloody weapon, you bloody elf-loving bastard!"

He waits for Julian to respond.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4623 on: April 04, 2013, 10:58:10 PM »
"Faked evidence! I didn't fake anything you cheating bastard. You weren't worthy of being an engineer. But we can't fight here. Why dont we go to one of your warehouses"

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4624 on: April 04, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
Bardin's face goes red. "You lying bloody elf-buggerer! You were jealous of me from the start. I wanted you to admit what you did! That's why I took your little pet human. I bet you want me to walk into a trap... I'd sooner fight you here!" He glances around at the worried faces of the other patrons. "Still, I bet the watch'd be here before we could finish. Fine, we'll go to the warehouse right now. Just you and me, and we'll go together." He sheaths his sword. "You keep your pack of idiots and lapdogs out of this, and I'll not call up my mercenaries. Agreed?"

He's ready to go with Julian to the warehouse if he agrees.
If I wanted to.