home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 636707 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #4625 on: April 04, 2013, 11:43:50 PM »
[Admund]

"Aye lad, it's a fine day!" Yorri says, "Finer still with the carnival beginning tomorrow. I'm trying not to let the thought of the taxes ruin it... I'm still hoping the Graf will change his mind, and if he doesn't I've got your pal Julian's offer of a job to fall back on. Now, you say you're looking to compete in the minotaur fights? Those are pretty rough, but I reckon you'd have a fair shot. You could make two or three hundred crowns if you won. More if you get your friends to bet on you. Do you know the rules though? No armour to be worn, just a shield. And you have to use a club to fight with - not supposed to kill the beastie. Still fancy it? If you get too beat up, they send it some lads to hold off the beastie and drag you out of there. Anyway, the fights are at the Bernabau Stadium in the park, if you don't already know.

"Now, let's have a look at that mail shirt. Aye, it's in good condition all right. We can do you a trade-in on that, for sure. Let me show you a couple of things. Now, here's a sleeved mail coat. Reckon it's about the right size for you. Bit heavier than just a shirt, but it guards you below the belt... which is important! This would cost you 130 crowns, but if you trade in your shirt I can sell it you for just 30." He smiles, "that's a special price for a friend.

[Sleeved chain coat =  1 AP on arms, body, legs]

"We've got some good breastplates too. You can wear one over chain if you don't mind the extra weight - and the heat too, at this time of year. You need a back plate too, mind, unless you count on no one sneaking up on you. Here's a nice solid breast plate for 70 crowns. A backplate will cost another 50. We don't do a lot of fancy stuff here - have to go to another forge for that! But why spend more than you have to. 

[Breastplate = 1AP on body (front), stacks with mail. Backplate = same, but on back]

"Now if it was me, I'd go for the coat. Save up and get a breastplate when you can."
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4626 on: April 05, 2013, 01:23:03 AM »
Heinrich will quietly slip out and sneak follow Julian and Bardin.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4627 on: April 05, 2013, 08:10:38 AM »
Bardin and Julian walk to the warehouse in the Wynd in cold silence. Once inside, Bardin removes his hat and jacket, then says, "take that bloody armour off, Stonebridge!"

He stands ready, hand on his sword hilt.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4628 on: April 05, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »
'Why would I be jealous of you, you foppish fool. You always were a cheat and a bully'

Julkiam unclips his armour
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4629 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:29 AM »
Bardin snarls, and spits on the ground. He draws his sword and takes up a fencing stance. He even fights like a human.

"Draw your weapon, Stonebridge, and we'll end this."
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4630 on: April 05, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »
Julian draws his sword and attacks.
He'll keep hi us shield if allowed,or use an extra axe if not.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4631 on: April 05, 2013, 09:01:19 AM »
Heinrich will keep an eye out for treachery. He will try to gain access to the warehouse if he can, staying hidden from both Bardin and Julian. If possible he will ready his bow, just in case Julian needs saving. He will only interfere if it looks like Julian will lose life or limb.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4632 on: April 05, 2013, 09:54:14 AM »
"You're right Yorri, the coat of mail will be better." Admund will try it on and have Yorri make any alterations to ensure it fits proper. Admund will pay Yorri for the Sleeved coat of mail when done.

[Deducted 30 crowns from sheet, updated armor]

"No armor to wear for the minotaur fights!" Admund laughs, "Do they at least allow me to wear clothes? Well rough or not, I could use the coin. I'm hoping to have this bandage off by tomorrow and be feeling ready to go. Thanks for the tip though! If I win, i'll have a whole keg of ale brought to you!"

Admund has taken a liking to this dwarf. He proved himself the previous night, and hasn't brought trouble like the rest he's worked with. Cinching his sword belt tight over his new coat of mail, he thanks Yorri once more with another handshake, "Yorri, you're a good one. Any smithing work, I need done, I'll make sure to bring to you. Thanks again friend."

Smiling for the first time in awhile, Admund steps back onto the street, and takes a moment to bask in the morning light. He will head to the Scholar's Inn.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4633 on: April 05, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
Heinrich climbs onto a gantry overlooking the main floor of the warehouse, which gives him a good view of Bardin and Julian. He readies his bow and waits for signs of treachery.

Bardin sneers at the sight of Julian's shield. "For someone so keen on innovation, Stonebridge, that's a bloody old fashioned shield. You're a joke."

As soon as Julian advances to fight, Bardin springs forward!

[Bardin 1: 94, miss
B2: 92, miss]

His opening strikes don't even come close. Julian raises Barrakul, his dwarfish rune sword, and attacks back...

...but as the sword swings towards Bardin, it twists impossibly in Julian's hand.

[Julian Dex test = 81, failed]

He can't keep hold of it. The sword slips out of his hand and slides across the floor, ending up on the other side of the warehouse. Too late, Julian realises his mistake: the sword had an enchantment that wouldn't allow it to harm dwarfs.

Bardin takes advantage of the opening and attacks again.

[Bardin 1: 75, miss!
B2 65, miss!]

Julian fends him off with his shield.

[does Julian draw another weapon?]
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4634 on: April 05, 2013, 10:11:23 AM »
Cursing his rush to attack, Julian can't believe he forgot about the swords enchantment. He will attempt to draw his axe while fending off Bardin with his shield.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4635 on: April 05, 2013, 10:12:44 AM »
[Admund]

"Good choice friend!" Yorri says. He helps Admund try on the mail coat, making some minor alterations so that it fits perfectly. He laughs at Admund's comment about the minotaur fights. "Most men fight shirtless," he says, "but I don't think it's a rule. No one's been killed in years, but broken bones are common enough. You going tomorrow? I'll come and watch!"

Yorri thanks Admund for his custom and wishes him a good day.

Admund has a pleasant walk to the Scholar's Inn. As soon as he walks in, Max rushes up to him nervously. "Mr Julian is fighting Bardin! They've gone to one of the warehouses to do it... he told us to stay here, but Heinrich's followed them. I'm so worried... should we go after them? But I don't want to disobey Mr Julian."

"The Boss will finish that bloody outcast no bother, Max," Ragni says, "you be a good dwarf and do as your elder told you. That's what I'm going to do. Nice mail, Admund. Dwarf work, I bet!"
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4636 on: April 05, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »
Admund's eyes widen a little. "So, Julian just marched in here, and went off to one of Bardin's warehouse's to fight? They're fighting on his ground? Something isn't right here. Why would Bardin be ordering things from the alchemist's? What about the ore merchant, Ogrim?"

Running a hand through his hair, Admund's eyes wander off as he thinks. He grinds his teeth, and turns to Max and Ragni. "Something isn't right. I don't know what, but it isn't right. We need to figure out what Bardin has been up too. I need to get inside his room."

Admund will find a clerk or barmaid and inquire, "Good morning. I was told to call on a mister Dwinbarsson for employment. He told me to meet him at his room, would you mind looking up his room number for me?"

Admund smiles encouragingly.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4637 on: April 05, 2013, 11:20:11 AM »
Julian tries to shield-bash Bardin, while drawing an axe to replace his dropped sword.

[Julian (shield bash): 90, miss!]

Bardin darts forward again. He's surprisingly fast.

[Bardin 1: 13, hits right arm. S4+1+d6 roll of 4-T7-A2 = 0 wounds
B2: 60, hits head. S4+1+d6 roll of 1= no wounds]

Julian deflects the blows with his shield.

Julian manages to draw his axe.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:25:40 AM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4638 on: April 05, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
When the sword flies from Julian’s hand a flicker of doubt flashes across his eyes. He knows that he did not fabricate the evidence against Bardin, but why did he use it against him? Was it right to ruin his life for cheating? Is Bardin truly evil, or just obsessed with revenge.

Julian shifts his grip on his axe and strikes Bardin with the flat of the blade and the shaft [strike to stun]

[if bardin starts winning, then I will fight to the death to avoid dying myself]

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4639 on: April 05, 2013, 11:47:58 AM »
Julian tries to knock Bardin out instead of killing him.

[Julian 1 (stun): 90, miss
J2 (stun): 50, hits head (stun). Stun damage: s3+1+d6 roll of 3-T5 = 2. Stun chance = (2*5)+20 = 30% dice roll: 89, no.

[Bardin 1: 62, hits right arm. S4+1+d6 roll of 3 = no wound
B2: 98, miss]

[Julian 1(stun): 50, hits head. S3+1+d6 roll of 1-T5 = 0
J2 (stun): 72, miss]

[Bardin 1: 33, hits right arm. S4+1+d6 roll of 4-T7-a2 = 0 wounds
B2: 75, miss]

[Julian 1 (stun): 06, hits head. S3+1+d6 roll of 1-T5 = 0
J2 (stun): 21, hits head. S3+1+d6 roll of 4-T5 = 3. stun chance: 3*5 +20 = 35% chance. dice roll: 100!]

The fight continues, neither dwarf able to gain the advantage.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4640 on: April 05, 2013, 11:58:42 AM »
[Admund]

"I think you're right, Admund," Max says, "Bardin must have a plan."

Admund asks a barmaid, a young woman with dark hair, for Bardin's room number.

[Admund Fel test (+20): 36, pass]

"Certainly, sir," she says, "Mr Dwinbarsson is in room 4, up the stairs and on your left."

Klaus arrives at the Scholar's Inn, disguised as a mercenary!
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4641 on: April 05, 2013, 12:07:24 PM »
If Klaus isn´t seeing anyone he would ask the Barmaid where he can find a certain Bardin Dwinbarsson he has heard that he was looking for Mercenaries.

[yes I think it is funny that Klaus is asking the same thing Admund did.....this way it is even less suspicious  :biggriin:]

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4642 on: April 05, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
[Julian]

The dwarfs are still locked in combat.

[Bardin 1: 79, miss
B2: 59, hits left leg. S4+1+d6 roll of 5-T7-a2  dodge blow =94, no = 1 wound!]

Bardin's sword slices across Julian's thigh, cutting his trousers open and drawing a shallow line of blood across his skin.

[Julian 1(stun): 99, miss
j2 (stun): 08, hits head. S3+1+d6 roll of 3-T5 = Stun chance = (2*5)+20 = 30% dice roll: 56, no]

[Bardin: 03, hits right arm. S4+1+d6 roll of 3 = 0
B2: 26, hits body. S4+1+d6 roll of 3 = 0]

[Julian 1(stun): 27, hits head. S3+1+d6 roll of 5-t5 = Stun chance = (4*5)+20 = 40% dice roll: 13! stunned!]

Julian finally lands a telling blow on Bardin's head. His eyes roll back and he slumps to the floor, dropping his sword. He's unconscious.

However, the cut on Julian's leg is starting to tingle unpleasantly. He feels suddenly nauseous, and his vision blurs. Could Bardin have poisoned his sword?
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4643 on: April 05, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »
Admund will ascend the stairs and go to room number 4. He will evaluate the hallway to see how populated it is, and evaluate the door and lock to see how strong it is. He will also think about any other options he has. Does the Scholar Inn have windows or balconies?

Admund will put his ear against the door and listen to see if he hears anything. He will try the door handle to see if, in his haste to leave and fight, Bardin left his room unlocked.

[This is the part where I wish I picked a thief career]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:24:34 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4644 on: April 05, 2013, 12:19:49 PM »
[Klaus]

Klaus also asks for Bardin's whereabouts.

[Klaus Fel test: 18, pass]

The barmaid smiles, telling him to try room 4, upstairs on the left. "Mr Dwinbarsson is certainly popular today!" she says.

If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4645 on: April 05, 2013, 12:21:03 PM »
Klaus raises an eyebrow and goes upstairs...his hand resting on the hilt of his duelling pistol he enters the room.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4646 on: April 05, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »
Upstairs at the inn, Admund goes to check Bardin's door. There's no one else in the corridor at the moment. He tries the door, and finds that it has indeed been left unlocked! He opens it. The room is neat and clean. The bed has been made. Some small bottles have been left out on a dressing table by the window. A feathered hat hangs beside a wardrobe.

Before Admund can examine anything, a dark-haired man in leather armour enters the room, one hand resting on the hilt of his pistol.

[Admund did not immediately see through Klaus's disguise!]
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4647 on: April 05, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »
[Julian]

At the warehouse, Julian's head is spinning. He's sure that he is about to pass out. Bardin is out for the moment, but what if he wakes before Julian does!
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4648 on: April 05, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
Admund spins and his hand goes to the hilt of his sword. "Bardin send you here too? You best be closing that door." Admund says coldly to the dark haired man.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:44:01 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4649 on: April 05, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »
"you sissy elf poisoner" Julian drools, as he attempts to tie up Bardin before he collapses

Pass the machete.