home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 296516 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Start of Oldhammer Weekend results...)
« Reply #750 on: October 03, 2016, 01:10:39 PM »
That vending machine made its way round the battlefield!   Look forward to your updates!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #751 on: October 03, 2016, 01:24:34 PM »
Looks like great fun! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #753 on: October 04, 2016, 12:25:27 PM »
Great stuff, so glad you made it along  :eusa_clap:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #754 on: October 04, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »
Nice update. Sounds like a perfectly enjoyable weekend. Gotta fit one of these type of events into my schedule somewhere along the line. Been close to 4 years since I made a venture out like this. Amazing how the time flies by.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #755 on: October 04, 2016, 10:49:22 PM »
Looks like a great weekend. I've said it before, but those giants are just awesome! Especially in a shot with most of them together getting ready to rampage across the field.

The vending machine is also a fun touch. Was it a special rule about bouncing stuff around the field?

Also Nigel is a great name for a chaos troll.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #756 on: October 05, 2016, 05:50:58 PM »
Been a number of years since I've been out to any events, too. I definitely need to make it a regular thing from now on! (Or any gaming, for that matter.)

The vending machine was just part of a bit of terrain that my opponent set up (a little scene with a priestess/witch, a cauldron and a few pigs... and a "Wrecked Soda" vending machine.) In 3rd ed. giants are allowed to pick up objects and throw them. So while the other giants were off charging or stumbling around drunk, Dick climbed the hill and started tossing whatever he could find. I wanted to use every giant rule possible.* We relocated the thrown objects, and he just put the machine on the trolls base as he charged the other giant (Barry) and made some normal attacks -- and killed the giant. We assumed the Barry got smacked... well somewhere, by the vending machine and that's what did him in.  :-D

* I didn't get to use the rule about riding wagons downhill. I'm still hoping to model a giant with a wagon at some point. :mrgreen:

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
  • Imperial trauma surgeon
« Reply #757 on: October 05, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »
Fabulous stuff, love the giants!
cheers,
Lee

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #758 on: October 05, 2016, 07:49:37 PM »
This giant rule is golden!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Crate & Barrel)
« Reply #759 on: October 07, 2016, 03:27:34 PM »

I had been wanting to model & paint some actual goods (crates, chests, barrels, sacks, etc.) to use with my empty-until-now wagons & carts. One of my few purchases over the weekend was two bags of Renedra barrels. I figured I would quickly paint up one pack (10 barrels) and also threw together some quick crates and painted those up.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #760 on: October 07, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »
I approve - I have lots on the go too - but I see you had the same problems with the Renedra barrels that I did - they do not line up well. Some 'halves' go together better than others, but it is difficult.

I am having trouble finding a decent method of painting sacks  :icon_evil:

I have tried various base colours like Bleached Bone, or Khaki, or Desert Yellow and adding washes - nothing looks right.
I suppose white and a wash is the best option.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #761 on: October 13, 2016, 02:19:34 AM »
What are you using for sacks? I was thinking of just making some with putty.

I'm not too bothered by the seams of the barrels. Glad I found them. Still have a second pack to paint. My crates aren't particularly beautiful either, but they'll serve their purpose well enough for now.

The goods seem to look & fit well with my wagons & carts.

Unfortunately I've got the post-gaming blues. I'm fired up to play more often, but harsh reality has set in and I've realized how unlikely that is.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:26:21 AM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #762 on: October 13, 2016, 05:00:46 PM »
Awesome carts (and barrels). Outside of going to a very special event, is there a US supplier for Renedra stuff? They make some cool fences too but transatlantic shipping is not appealing.

Regarding the blues, I can relate. How about scanning through the admiring comments on here and then get back to painting?
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #763 on: October 14, 2016, 02:38:36 PM »
What are you using for sacks?
I have picked up a variety over time.

I have some Hirst Art moulds so made some.
I have bought the odd blister at a show, which seem to be resin version of Hirst Art moulds.

Ainsty Castings do a lot of decent bits and pieces which I have ordered from them.
http://ainstycastings.co.uk/index.php/cPath/47

Been trying out the painting this week, may get more time this weekend and I'll try to post some pics.

Cannot see your pictures for some reason.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:41:20 PM by Midaski »

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #764 on: October 14, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »
Awesome carts (and barrels). Outside of going to a very special event, is there a US supplier for Renedra stuff? They make some cool fences too but transatlantic shipping is not appealing.

They may have a US distributor. I haven't seen their stuff locally, but both stores I went to while travelling a couple weeks ago had some of their stuff.

I have some Hirst Art moulds so made some.
I have bought the odd blister at a show, which seem to be resin version of Hirst Art moulds.

Ainsty Castings do a lot of decent bits and pieces which I have ordered from them.
http://ainstycastings.co.uk/index.php/cPath/47

I was just looking at one of the Hirst Arts molds trying to decide if it would be worth getting.

Cannot see your pictures for some reason.

Photobucket seems to be having some serious problems the past two days.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #765 on: October 14, 2016, 05:22:13 PM »
There are some shots in my Meandering thread that show some of the Ainsty stuff:

Close up of the barrels etc. and you can see some 'supported bales' to the right.

Sacks to the right

Closer shot of various bales

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #766 on: October 15, 2016, 02:14:32 AM »
That's a lot of crates and barrels.

My terrible contribution. I tend to use barrels and crates from lego/green army men.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #767 on: October 16, 2016, 06:53:16 AM »
I decided to get into the "Orctober" spirit and try painting the last two of my small collection of Great Orcs.

I'm sort of torn, though, since the approaching holidays are putting me in an Undead spirit. Mostly, I'm trying to wrap up some commission painting right now, though. And then there are the hobbits...

I've received the bulk of my Westfalia Halflings. I'm dying to get working on them, but I'm trying to hold back and finish a few other things first. But waiting is hard. The eternal struggle of the wargamer -- to finish projects (or even just a portion of one) before moving on to the next. As I've been painting other stuff, I've been reworking some of my campaign ideas in my head, and just set some of it down. I've mentioned it a bit before, as part of my planned solo gaming experiment. In short, it's an alternate history WFB, centered around Marienburg and the Wasteland in IC 2439 (shortly after Marienburg's secession.)

At some point I hope to polish it all up into a cohesive and complete multi-campaign set. Unrealistic plans - maps, illustrations, actually playing the games & doing battle reports, etc. Maybe published as a web site and/or downloadable as PDF. But for now it's still evolving, drastically at times. The arrival of the Westfalia figures have encouraged me to start re-writing one chapter. Here's the start of the fresh draft...

I.C. 2439. Marienburg. The hobbit convoy was halted outside the walls of Marienburg. Guards and teamsters all were a bit impatient with the delay. It wasn’t  just the idle time -- being forced to wait in the Cursed Marshes outside the Suid Gate had made even the animals jittery.

The job wasn’t one without it’s dangers. Roads through the Wasteland were more dangerous than those of the Empire or Bretonnia. Trade most commonly passed along the waterways. But there were no navigable rivers from the Little Country to the City of Gold, just streams, marshes, moors, and a good quality road through uncertain country.

They were working under contract to an ambitious hobbit looking to trade the region's produce,  especially it’s famed sausage, to the larger markets of Marienburg. The people of the Little Country -- man and hobbit alike -- were rustic folk. Although they engaged in trade with merchants of Bretonnia, Reikland, and even (rarely) the dwarfs of Grey Mountains, they usually relied on the foreigners to come to them. Nob was the first hobbit (as far as anyone knew) to make the effort to market the communities’ wares directly to the outside world. He argued that by travelling to Marienburg, he could command a better price, and in the process employ some of the restless or ambitions youth of the Country in his venture as well.

The promises of mild peril and moderate profit worked. A significant train of wagons and an adequate force of guards had signed on for Scrobbleton’s Jackrabbit Trading Company’s first undertaking. And it had gone well. Better than expected, in fact. Flush with silver, and with the promise of further expeditions, most of the profit (after food and drink) was spent on new equipment -- better wagons, larger draft animals, heavier arms and armour.

This second trip to Marienburg had gone just as well so far -- until they had reached the gates, that is. This time they were barred from entering the city. Only Nob, along with his master of books, Will Smallroot, and a pair of personal guards, were granted entry to meet with the authorities. Now it was past first supper, and uncertainty was leading to disquiet. There was little room to pitch camp outside the city walls, and the landscape was pretty miserable to begin with. Rumors of marsh beasts large enough to swallow a hobbit whole were well known.

Minutes after a Bretonnian caravan had passed by the hobbits and entered the gates, Milo Greycap, one of Nob’s guards, emerged from the tall reeds to the west of the road.

“We need to leave. The master’s been taken, so has Will. I snuck out the gate but they will be coming for the wurst. Maybe us too.”

His comrades stood silent and dumbfounded.

“I don’t know everything. I was waiting down the hall. Through the door I overheard something about contraband, mushrooms, and the corruption of Marienburg’s youth. If we don’t get out of here, I don’t know what will happen. We need to leave now.”

More dumbfounded stares.

“Marienburg dungeons serve three meals of fishy broth with old roots a day, that’s it.”

The caravan became a rapid and precise maneuver as wagons were turned around, ranks were formed, and the entire party began a brisk march South.

As the walls began to disappear in the distance and growing darkness, a distant voice was heard, “Stop! Hold the wagons!” followed by a whiney blast from a horn. The hobbits pace quickened.

Campaign

Forced Marsh

Setting

Forces

The Wurst Case Scenario

Setting

Forces

Anabasis - Part One

Setting

Forces

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #768 on: October 16, 2016, 02:48:55 PM »
You can't leave this like this!
I like!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #769 on: October 16, 2016, 03:22:16 PM »
Love it. Great fluff,  great battle idea.

I'm right with you on the eternal struggle. I'll get moods were I'm practically obsessive about an idea or unit and work on them non stop. Then 24 hours pass and I've lost all interest in them. But wait, another idea is starting to grow...

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #770 on: October 16, 2016, 04:42:22 PM »
Terrible puns AND classical references? Love it :)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #771 on: October 16, 2016, 04:49:25 PM »
You can't leave this like this!
I like!

I'm going to have to leave it like this for now. At least until I can start painting some halflings!

I'm right with you on the eternal struggle. I'll get moods were I'm practically obsessive about an idea or unit and work on them non stop. Then 24 hours pass and I've lost all interest in them. But wait, another idea is starting to grow...

Exactly! I've been more conscious of it the past two years, and I think I'm doing a decent job of keeping things on-track. Or near-track, at least.

Terrible puns AND classical references? Love it :)

I'd like to think this little project is in the true spirit of oldschool Warhammer...   :wink:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (of Hobbits and Orctober)
« Reply #772 on: October 23, 2016, 04:59:25 PM »
Behold, the Orctober of ZeroTwentythree!

Now back to work on other people's figures...

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #773 on: October 23, 2016, 05:03:07 PM »
those look great sir
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #774 on: October 23, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »
 :eusa_clap:
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0