home

Author Topic: Tacticas for W-E: Combined Arms and Support Units  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
Tacticas for W-E: Combined Arms and Support Units
« on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:56 PM »
Tactica:  Combined Arms and Support Units

The purpose of this Tactica is to collect ideas, theories, personal experiences, and “tricks of the trade” on everything Empire Generals do to achieve combined arms effects and how to use support units (i.e magic, artillery, characters).   
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline Orcslayer

• Members
  • I salute you
Re: Tacticas for W-E: Combined Arms and Support Units
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:06:45 AM »
I will share a little knowledge I have built up on how to nickle and dime your opponent during that critical magic phase where you desperately need buffs.
1. On average, a level four wizard should be able to cast a spell with a casting value up to 11 with only two power dice. Don't throw away dice, "Just to make sure you get it," because if you have a die advantage, you need to press your advantage till the very end.

2. Always start out your big turn of buffs with one dieing warrior priest buffs. There is a 2/3 chance that you will cast the spell successfully, and if their level four fails to dispel, you have gained much more than a re-roll to wound. Usually my opponents will let the priest buffs through in order to block the bigger spells they think are coming.

3. A power stone on a level four wizard can give quite a nasty surprise to an unsuspecting opponent.

4. Luminarks are worth their weight in gold for that +1 dispel die. Especially when you cannot roll to channel.
W/D/L with new army book: 30/15/20