home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 97375 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #750 on: March 12, 2018, 11:19:43 PM »
Petrus joins Desmond beside him. ‘Seems a little coincidental to wind up in the same area as another trader. What are we up against that requires us all to work together?’
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #751 on: March 13, 2018, 02:45:57 PM »
Icarus voxes Hassarian, while also hand signalling the gunner of the tank. "Perhaps we should just smoke the bitch?" he snarls with barely contained anger. "I hate arrogant cows like her, I really do."
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #752 on: March 13, 2018, 05:18:41 PM »
"Now now." Desmond say's quietly. "If the lady rogue trader is here, then she has a ship in orbit as well. I'd rather not get blasted to atoms because they didn't appreciate our welcome."

He scans the trees again for any movement. "Plus she wouldn't get rich being stupid. I bet there's more guns around us then we can see. of course I thought diplomacy with The Hand was a good idea to..."

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #753 on: March 14, 2018, 03:34:39 AM »
‘Being atomized is not desirable. Carry on. ‘
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #754 on: March 15, 2018, 04:59:42 PM »
'I must concur with my colleague, my lady,' Jace says. He raises a hand to point at the structure. 'That temple is, as you've no doubt gathered, of Xenos make. We must first ascertain that it poses no immediate threat, before we begin negotiations regarding ownership.' His words sound genuine- clearly the presence of an Eldar temple has rattled him more than the rival captain's sudden appearance. 'I sense psychic energy in the area- quite possibly emanating from that very structure.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2018, 02:16:09 PM »
"Forgive me boys, for a split second I thought that we were top carnodons on this planet. I must've been mistaken. Perhaps ask the lady if she'd fancy a fucking glass of Amasec. I'm sure that our Lord Hassarian won't have any objections. After all, it is her planet now, right? We must do what she says" laughs Bane in a mocking, rasping voice. "Our rival is in the open, and we can contact our ship in orbit to intercept her vessel, while we smear her arrogant ass all across the jungle." He signals the gunners to ready their weapons. "Just send the word sir, I'll handle the rest."
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #756 on: March 22, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »
@Xath:

You hear Hasarian bark in laughter

"If you want to loose your balls to that power sword of hers be my guest!"

He laughs again

"Me? I'd prefer to have children some day"

@Gankom:

Lady Sun Lee smiles in an affable manner

"Then I suppose we have very different experiences!" She says

From inside your coms you hear Hasarian's voice

"She probably out numbers us Desmond. Sun never goes anywhere without the Jade Guard. I'm sure there is a complement of them in the trees around us, I would bet a couple Leman Russ too"

A pause

"Also I think that the whole Hand thing is an outlier. Sun and her family are not blood thirsty"

@DS:

"Very well Navigator. I suppose you are right." Sun Lee says "Who would you like to send for recon?"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:38:40 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #757 on: March 23, 2018, 12:06:05 AM »
Petrus will volunteer to join the recon. The elder abomination may grate on the nerves of the troops and they may need some imperial faith to bolster them.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #758 on: March 23, 2018, 12:45:46 AM »
"If we are to make an alliance of convenience," Desmond calls to the lady rogue trader, "Perhaps it is best to leave the squabbling over rewards until we have properly secured the prize. I have no doubt we are the only Captains to have come this far. Our navigator suggests these ruins are elder, and we encountered a ship from the same race as we left Footfall. I expect we will see more of that kind as we travel. There is strength in numbers lady Sun."

"Of course that would require that we have some trust in each other." he stops and looks around the empty forest expanse. "That's hard to have when we don't even know how many guns are pointed our way. Perhaps a show of good faith then. You can ride on our mighty steed here, and in exchange we properly introduce our forces."

(Desmond is trying to be a bit more wordy then he needs to. A bit of blathering, a bit of diplomatic confusion. Plus he wants to see if he can give Bane a better estimate of Lady Sun's forces. in case things get... kinetic.)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #759 on: March 23, 2018, 02:44:33 PM »
"I'd love to see her puny power sword go through this tank" mumbles Bane under his breath. "Lock the weapons, boys" he says to his crew. "We're sitting this one out, it seems. For shame..." he adds, while adjusting his rebreather.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:34:58 PM by Xathrodox86 »

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #760 on: March 28, 2018, 04:36:37 AM »
@Gankom:

"I'll accept your terms" Sun Lee says "only if one of you rides with my men"

@AG:

You gather some hpuse troopers together for the scout and await further inctructions.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #761 on: March 28, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »
Desmond will check with the others to see if they have anything to add, but otherwise he'll volunteer himself to ride with Sun Lee's men. He'll keep an open vox connection with his party the whole time.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #762 on: March 29, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
"No way in the Warp that we're letting any of us go with that wench!" Bane's fury is barely contained, as he voxes his companions. "Why should we even bow to her request, this is disgraceful. Desmond, get in the fething tank. We don't have time for this charade" rasps Icarus, as he, once again, signal his men to prepare their weapons.

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #763 on: March 29, 2018, 09:21:46 AM »
‘Shall we proceed to the temple?’. ‘ we are ready’. Feeling a mounting tension, Petrus pushes for an action.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #764 on: March 30, 2018, 02:46:47 PM »
Jace stared at the temple, only half listening to the conversation going on around him. 'Master Bane,' he spoke quietly over the vox. 'Under normal circumstances, I would defer to your judgement in decisions regarding our safety. However, this temple... It troubles me. To me, it would seem prudent to agree upon a truce with lady Sun, however temporary, at least until we have determined the threat posed by this temple.'

He frowns, massaging his temples to assuage the psychic pressure in the area. 'The Eldar are a race of psykers, and I cannot see the presence of their craft on this Warp-wracked planet as mere coincidence. Any hostilities between us and lady Sun's forces should be considered trivial, compared to what that Xenos structure might throw at us, and as such I would advise you not to bloody our forces, nor hers, when they might be sorely needed against the Enemy Without.'

He cracks a half-smile, and after double checking that lady Sun cannot hear him, he adds 'we can always do that later, if deemed prudent.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #765 on: March 30, 2018, 03:42:01 PM »
Desmond agrees with Jace. "Besides Bane, if the worst happens I'd bet some of the finest amsac that you'd pull me out of the fire in time." He grins at the massive man.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #766 on: March 31, 2018, 01:29:38 PM »
"Very well" says Bane, as he gives his crew an "all clear" sign. "Go with her, but be extra careful. Also one of her servants should go with us. It's only fair, I think" adds Icarus in a grim and determined voice. "Jace, can you at least speculate on what we can find inside that temple? I need to know if we should be ready for a infantry-heavy situation, or maybe an armored duel".

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #767 on: March 31, 2018, 03:40:26 PM »
@AG:

"Yes you may go ahead Petrus" Hasarian says "I have sneaking suspensions that those pointy eared lunatics are around here somewhere. Beware, the Eldar out here in the tend to be of the pirate verity. They prefer the slice 'em up approach. Just fill them full of holes if they spot you

@Xath:
Hasarian turns in his seat to look back to you.

"Sun Lee is an honourable woman, she won't go back on the deal. I've known her since we were children. That being said keep your eyes open, her men may be another matter entirely. I don't know much about the Jade Guard's disposition so..."

He mimes the turning the safeties off motion.

"Also send a few of the lads with Desmond"

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #768 on: March 31, 2018, 05:40:07 PM »
"As you say, Sir" Bane replies, as he gives four of his men signals to accompany Desmond. "Strikes me a bit odd, that such a dangerous and well known Rogue Trader would not have absolute control over her men" he adds with a doubt in his voice. "Then again, it's a hard work, earning the respect of your subordinates".

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #769 on: March 31, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »
Petrus nods an affirmative. ‘Head out’ he says to the troops and draws his Vulcan and makes for the temple.
He lets the squad take standard recon position and follows their training. He is not on point.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:58:55 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #770 on: March 31, 2018, 11:42:29 PM »
Desmond will take his assigned men and head over to join Lady Sun Lee. He'll try and chat up everyone. Doing his best to ferret out information while giving little away.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #771 on: April 02, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »
Jace thinks on Bane's question for a moment, before giving his reply. 'I have little insight in military matters, master Bane, yet I shall endeavour to shed light on the possible paths ahead. The Eldar are few and fragile, yet each more deadly than any man when fighting one on one. They are stealthy, and they are deceitful. Do not expect to fight a fair battle against them, with clearly drawn lines. Their most dangerous aspect, however, is their psychic prowess. Indeed, they might not need to be bodily present, if they can work their foul influence through this temple.'

He shrugs before realizing Bane can't actually see the gesture. 'I would advise extreme vigilance, commander,' he concludes, 'and overwhelming force against any threat which does show up. It might be necessary to turn the tanks' guns against the temple itself and bring the structure down, should anything happen. I shall keep monitoring psychic activity in the area, and warn you when necessary.'

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #772 on: April 03, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »
"Roger that Jace" barks Bane into his vox horn. "All elements, be on your guard and get those safties off" he instructs his men. "Gunners, target the temple. If worse comes to worst, I want you to saturate it with maximum fire." Icarus calls Desmond on a private channel. "Desmond, if dung hits the fan, get down, take cover and try to get back to the tank. Do you read me? No stupid heroics" he adds with a snarl.

Bane turns towards Hassarian. "My Lord, if the Xenos do attack, we could use our rivals as a distraction against them. Sacrifice Lee and her men for our tactical advantage and a potential counter attack. What say you about this plan?" he asks, watching his leader closely.

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #773 on: April 06, 2018, 02:06:23 PM »
@Xath:

Hasarian sighs

"I dislike such a dishonorable plan. However, I will amend it and say that if we must take such a despicable path that it be for the sake of the crew. Our lads always come first. A tactical retreat. Then we regroup and attack from the rear, cutting off one of the Eldar's means of escape and crushing their forces on two sides. An hammer and anvil as it were"

He scratches his beard.

"I would also inform Sun of the plan should we need to use it. She'll understand... I hope. No need pissing off one of the most powerful dynasties in the Sector."

"But I doubt it will come to that" Hasarian says "Eldar avoid open conflict if they can. Likely it will be a small squad on squad skirmish, in which they will flee"

@DS:

Psy Test: 28 pass

The feeling you had when you first set landfall on the planet it stronger here, even more so atop the tower.

@Gankom:

With your bodyguards in hand you are led through the dense bush by a Jade Guard who had suddenly appeared by your side

Player prompt: Role perception

@AG:

With your detachment of House Troopers you start your scout of the Temple

Player Prompt: Anything in particular you are looking for? Tracks, various other sign, etc?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #774 on: April 07, 2018, 01:05:18 AM »
(Perception roll: 41
Tech Use: 37)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:50:47 AM by Gankom »