home

Author Topic: Pistoliers and Outriders Multi Shot Rule?  (Read 2721 times)

Offline LordBrown

• Members
Pistoliers and Outriders Multi Shot Rule?
« on: May 23, 2007, 03:02:19 AM »
Tell me I am wrong.... Please.

So I played another empire player last week and he swore to everything holy that Pistoleers and Outriders don't have a  -1 to hit when they multi shoot.  I think he is crazy but since my book seems to have joined all my left socks I thought I would ask if I am correct in thinking that Pistoleers and Outriders do in fact follow the normal multi shot rules and suffer a  -1 to hit when choosing to do so?

Offline angryman

• Members
Re: Pistoliers and Outriders Multi Shot Rule?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 03:32:49 AM »
Your opponent is incorrect, they do suffer the -1 to hit. They have multiple shots hence suffer the effects for shooting a multiple shot weapon.

Offline Lord Quiran de Lancastre

• Members
  • My idiocy knows no bounds
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 05:32:40 AM »
EDIT: while it is not listed on page 28 with the rest of the modifiers like it should be, page 55 states that a multiple fire weapon can be fired once with no penalty and at -1 if shooting more than once.

Please cite the rulebook when giving definitive answers to questions like these. If there is no rulebook reference then assume the answer is not correct until actual proof is given.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:35:18 AM by Lord Quiran de Lancastre »

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 05:42:14 AM »
EDIT: while it is not listed on page 28 with the rest of the modifiers like it should be, page 55 states that a multiple fire weapon can be fired once with no penalty and at -1 if shooting more than once.

It's in the "Weapons" section. Page 55, look at "Multiple Shots".

So, don't get down and boogie woogie just yet.  :closed-eyes:
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline Lord Quiran de Lancastre

• Members
  • My idiocy knows no bounds
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:46:34 AM »
yeah it's not listed in the back appendix or on the modifiers page which is dumb as it's a modifier. This would be the editors fault IMO.

for a while I had my hopes up that they removed that rule. My skinks would have kicked ass if they did lol.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 06:50:50 AM »
As if Skinks would need an efficiency boost! :icon_wink:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline stareso

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »
Pistols don't receive penalties for long range or moving and shooting though which mean both outriders at long range and pistoliers will hit on 5's no other modifiers considered.

Just to add :-D

Offline Elieress

• Members
  • Slaanesh.. Just a painting project... I promise...
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 02:25:05 PM »
Pistols don't receive penalties for long range or moving and shooting though which mean both outriders at long range and pistoliers will hit on 5's no other modifiers considered.

Just to add :-D

except skirmishers, single mansized targets, cover and so on... Man.. I hate woodsies..
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 02:31:34 PM »
A stand and shoot reation with Pistoliers is terrible.

8 shots on 6s and 4 on 5s...

And if they're Skirmishers charging you forget about it!
I'm in college!

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
That's why you flee with them, and that's why the musician is such a wonderfull addition to the unit.

Allthough, with the new fleeing rules and your units being destroyed if they flee through terrain, be carefull when declaring a flee reaction...
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »
*sigh* I want my old pistols back.....and keep the musician lol

Offline Volkbane

• Members
  • Lord of the Anarcho-Syndicalists
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 01:43:52 AM »
I actually thought they had removed this rule in the new edition early on too.  I took the weapon section for granted and just consulted the modifier chart. 
Patriarch of the royal Kass family, Athalwolf 'Volkbane' Von Kass, son of the late Volkmar Von Kass, father to Konrad and Ron Von Kass.   Patron of Bretonnian pilgrims, defender of Freisenhaffen.