home

Author Topic: Show us your...gaming table and terrain  (Read 2565 times)

Offline ale_box

• Members
Show us your...gaming table and terrain
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:45:44 AM »
Hi guys! I really like the show us threads...

I am now planning to build a gaming table and I'd like to get some inspiration by your awesome works...

Although playing mostly empire I own also a tomb kings army, so if anybody of you has done a desertic looking table I will also be really happy to have a look at it

Las but not least I suggest to put all the "show us" topics together at the beginning of the B&P

thanks to all! 

Offline Gustavus Magnus

• Members
Re: Show us your...gaming table and terrain
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 07:34:43 AM »
Just look at some of Steveb's posts showing his incredible city work and you will be wondering how to convince him to adopt you and allow you to move in.
Gustavus Magnus, of Bögenhafen; Mercenary Captain, Explorer, Spy, Scout, and Outrider.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:57:53 AM »

Here's a shot from a batrep I did last year. (My Marienburgers on the right, the newly released Dark Elves on the left.)

My table is themed about as far away as you can get from a desert. It's swampy. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the entire table counts as open terrain. Only the movable terrain items (the hills, woods, ruined building, etc.) have any terrain/game effects.

A desert table would probably be simpler.  :wink:

It's made on four 2'x4' sections that can be put on my dining room table (as it is in the pic.)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:13:54 AM »
Las but not least I suggest to put all the "show us" topics together at the beginning of the B&P

Actually, the plan is to create an entry in the gallery for them (as soon as that gets fixed).
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:25:27 AM »
I did hear a legend that a guy built a gaming table with a dentist type light over it on tracks, so you could move it around the battlefield, and it had different levers to pull on the side of the lamp that would change the light to different sized templates.  That way you could just position the light over the unit getting hit.  It also had pull out drawers for terrain, dice etc.  and it had pull out trays for casualties/staging before deployment.  Not to mention the drink holders built on each end.
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 02:25:01 PM »
023's boards are just as awesome looking as I recall them to be from when he posted them. :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Here's a link to my terrain board thread ... www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=25498.0

"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 02:28:12 PM »
I did hear a legend that a guy built a gaming table with a dentist type light over it on tracks, so you could move it around the battlefield, and it had different levers to pull on the side of the lamp that would change the light to different sized templates.  That way you could just position the light over the unit getting hit.  It also had pull out drawers for terrain, dice etc.  and it had pull out trays for casualties/staging before deployment.  Not to mention the drink holders built on each end.
There was this custom built gaming table company on line I found a while ago.
$10,000 but looked amazing. If I won the lottery, I'd buy a house with a gaming area, then one of these sweet tables.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.