home

Author Topic: Sharing information outside your faction/cheating  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Sharing information outside your faction/cheating
« on: February 15, 2013, 07:19:10 PM »
Good evening all. I had hoped to not have to make a post such as this as it goes without saying - sharing internal information outside of your faction is considered cheating. Many of our veterans from Animosity or W-E campaigns should be well aware of that fact.

You are not allowed to tell other factions members anything about the workings inside your faction. Player numbers, moves, other players opinions, NPC letters etc. If you were allowed to then the forums wouldn't be locked. Anyone giving faction information out will find the repercussions harsh. We have a zero tolerance on cheating as it harms player fun. Please inform Rufus or myself if you receive a message OOC that has such information in it.

Don't do it. We can tell when people are anyway.

Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Sharing information outside your faction/cheating
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:25:31 PM »
As a long time player, and now a GM, cheating sucks, anyway you look at it.

A person cheats, then they are cheating themselves the most, and it will catch up with you at some point, now or later.

Dig down into your gut, and don't do it.  It spoils it for us, and in the end, how satisfying is it really?  For a minute, it might be a big kick, but then after that, what do you really have to show for it, not much.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
I suppose it's possible that people who played in treachery and greed (the last campaign) might think the same sort of things are allowed this time. They are not!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:15:51 PM »
I suppose it's possible that people who played in treachery and greed (the last campaign) might think the same sort of things are allowed this time. They are not!

Hah, treachery and greed was ace, but that campaign actually had mechanics in place to encourage you to sell out for coin, this one doesn't so the difference is hopefully obvious.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline finngoalie

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 01:21:22 AM »
The only negative I remember from T & G was one guy somehow playing like 3 or 4 characters, each in different factions. I does catch up. He got caught and banned from that campaign.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 01:46:55 AM »
Not only can it get you banned from one campaign or even an entire series of campaigns, but if the GMs chose to share info on cheaters then a person could find himself banned from all sorts of campaigns. Warhammer-Empire, Animosity, Underdark, Sentinels, ect

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:24:52 AM »
The only negative I remember from T & G was one guy somehow playing like 3 or 4 characters, each in different factions. I does catch up. He got caught and banned from that campaign.

In the end, he came clean though. Haven't heard from him since.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »
He changed his name and posts on the back table all the time!
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 08:38:01 AM »
I think you are mistaken.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.