home

Author Topic: The Election  (Read 13377 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Re: The Election
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
Well that's not much of a mandate... It turns out my predictions was right. Now excuses me while I blame GP, F and the entire Urenbach faction, instead of myself.  :icon_razz:

I must say that I'm impressed, both by how well F managed to lie to me all campaign and by how Demonslayer managed to convince two factions with more votes then him to back him.

Thank you, I appreciate it :)

Congrats. Very well played indeed!

And can you imagine it? DS went through a campaign without blowing anything up or causing the realm of chaos to leak into our world. ;)

It's on my to do list. You see now that Ulmgrim as established himdelf as important, he'll ask some time alone to pray at the temple of Ulric. There he will rxtinguish Ulric's flame after absorbing it via Tzeentch's ritual and usher in the End Times.

You see, I planned this all along.

(no I didn't)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:19:37 PM by Demonslayer »
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
2 armies. One heavily mauled. You really think that could have taken Sud? They also had super dwarf army, which beat the shyt out of us twice there. Perhaps our corpses would have slowed them down?

There was no super army. You kept fighting stronger armies than yours that happened to contain Dwarfs!
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
Well that's not much of a mandate... It turns out my predictions was right. Now excuses me while I blame GP, F and the entire Urenbach faction, instead of myself.  :icon_razz:
Don't blame anyone.

Instead, I'm taking self responsibility for my own actions.  I know where I errored, when I didn't go with my gut and acted in a more optimistic manner than was appropriate.

If one finds their own errors, than positive steps can be taken to lessen the likelihood that it happens a second time.  Pointing the finger elsewhere means one isn't learning as much as one could if one trys.

- - - - - -

Anyway, congrats to Demonslayer and the Von Kerpen team on their election win. :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »
I was joking about not looking at my own mistakes...

I've already realised where I did things wrong, we shouldn't have stood still for that one turn (though our figurehead told us not to start a fight if we didn't have a direct gain), we should have attacked Hornhousen the moment I found out F was spreading lies to try and discredit us diplomatically, I should have shared Demonslayer's letter stating they had enough votes to win, and more.

Though I have to ask. How the hell did you get Hornhousen to not even let me make offers? That's a level of blind loyalty I can't work out, they weren't interested in hearing any offer I was going to make. I'm starting to think that Alixandria is actually dead. It would explain why Hornhousen was against us from day one, even though we never made a singe move against them.

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »
I was joking about not looking at my own mistakes...

I've already realised where I did things wrong, we shouldn't have stood still for that one turn (though our figurehead told us not to start a fight if we didn't have a direct gain), we should have attacked Hornhousen the moment I found out F was spreading lies to try and discredit us diplomatically, I should have shared Demonslayer's letter stating they had enough votes to win, and more.

Though I have to ask. How the hell did you get Hornhousen to not even let me make offers? That's a level of blind loyalty I can't work out, they weren't interested in hearing any offer I was going to make. I'm starting to think that Alixandria is actually dead. It would explain why Hornhousen was against us from day one, even though we never made a singe move against them.

You assume I was in charge... I wasn't Ruess was... I presented offers that were presented to me as they were made and he decided on them.
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »
That's what I'm trying to understand, he wouldn't even let me make a proper offer, why? Plus you were still the one telling everyone I was double dealing and lying in my diplomatic letters.  :icon_razz:

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2013, 10:42:58 PM »
WOW, what a turn fluff update. My heart was literally pumping so hard I was on the edge of my seat...

Very well played everyone ! :)
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:47 PM »
Silas. You could have had us had you not dragged your feets. DS contacted us late but without any fuss gave us a very good offer. A detailed one at that.
Also, not reining in the Sangerhausens but allowing them to attack Schippel was like begging for us to give our votes to Von Kerpen.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Wow! By one vote!  :mellow: :Ohmy: :ph34r: :-o
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:58 AM »
Silas. You could have had us had you not dragged your feets. DS contacted us late but without any fuss gave us a very good offer. A detailed one at that.
Also, not reining in the Sangerhausens but allowing them to attack Schippel was like begging for us to give our votes to Von Kerpen.

Lol, love how one shot-in-the-dark attack that Altenberg's men didn't even know about convinced you to side with the one faction that had been attacking you all campaign.

I thought it was odd that DS contacted me to try and buy my votes at the last minute when he had been beating the crap out of us at Esk, I guess he must've thought we would roll ver as easy as Teifen.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 12:21:48 AM »
Mathi, your offer was so bad that when I took it to our figurehead he specifically told me not to accept it. You were pretty much asking for independence, we wouldn't have taken that offer if it meant the difference between winning or not (or at least our figurehead wouldn't).

The Sangerhausens attacking Schippel was actually my idea. DS had been leading me on and I thought we could probably make a deal with him, plus I thoughts I had friendly relations with F so you guys were the only available target. Plus as we couldn't take your offer I thought that if we took Schippel you might realise that you what in a position to demand compete automate.

Yet another mistake I made. We should have hit somewhere else, if we had then we might have taken it and won.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:31:11 AM by Silas »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 12:38:55 AM »
Everyone did far better then the mighty Von Orseln. Take pride in that comrad.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 12:52:35 AM »
Everyone did far better then the mighty Von Orseln. Take pride in that comrad.

We Urebachians would like to contest that statement!  :closed-eyes:

It sounded like a war. Smelled like a war. Felt like a war. But everyone gets up in arms about blowing something up (as opposed to killing everyone inside) and killing foreigner?

Nobody told us this war would be so CIVIL!

<badum tshh!>
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:54:56 AM by Grumbaki »
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 01:44:11 AM »
You were going to be executed anyway, but after that pun I suggested that the execution be moved forwards to tomorrow.

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 02:11:11 AM »
You were going to be executed anyway, but after that pun I suggested that the execution be moved forwards to tomorrow.

Maybe it is a good thing your guy lost the election after all  :::cheers:::

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 02:29:25 AM »
Yeah, because Kerpen is going to be more merciful. Did you read the description of his home location?

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 02:42:53 AM »
Yeah, because Kerpen is going to be more merciful. Did you read the description of his home location?

Middenheim?  :icon_cool:

(Don't kill me...)
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »
Roll over? ROLL OVER!

If anyone rolled over it was Sangerhausens. We helped you with everything and you thanked us by shanking us in the back! You goaded us after Hornhausens and we honestky believed you. Would at least do a little effort to help with the idea you wanted done. Crush Hornhausen! But you always had an excuse. So when you wanted us to deal with them ourselves while you ran away with the tail between your legs because you failed to bring your lord to safety despite the obvious threat to Brass Keep... Then you did not even try and fight. Silas used diplomacy because he feared the outcome of that fight!

So if anyone was rolling over it was Sangerhausens.

Also, blood spilled with Kerpen? Well, this was a war election campaign. Fights were to be expected. The first ones to contact us were infact the Hornhausens with a decent offer too! It was more of IC reasons that dictated why we could not accept. Both Hornhausens and Kerpens were clever and offered ius something we wanted and that our figurehead liked too. We had bloodied each other, we had shanked Hornhausens but Hornhausen was also apractical man. After the war we would still be neighbours so what better to do than make amend. We are ulricians after all. We value and appreciate Strength and Honour.

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 10:06:08 AM »
Roll over? ROLL OVER!

If anyone rolled over it was Sangerhausens. We helped you with everything and you thanked us by shanking us in the back! You goaded us after Hornhausens and we honestky believed you. Would at least do a little effort to help with the idea you wanted done. Crush Hornhausen! But you always had an excuse. So when you wanted us to deal with them ourselves while you ran away with the tail between your legs because you failed to bring your lord to safety despite the obvious threat to Brass Keep... Then you did not even try and fight. Silas used diplomacy because he feared the outcome of that fight!

Also, blood spilled with Kerpen? Well, this was a war election campaign. Fights were to be expected. The first ones to contact us were infact the Hornhausens with a decent offer too! It was more of IC reasons that dictated why we could not accept. Both Hornhausens and Kerpens were clever and offered ius something we wanted and that our figurehead liked too. We had bloodied each other, we had shanked Hornhausens but Hornhausen was also apractical man. After the war we would still be neighbours so what better to do than make amend. We are ulricians after all. We value and appreciate Strength and Honour.

Your offer was worse than Altenberg's so we sided with him, we never got an offer from Hornhausen other than a rather vague suggestion at the beginning that we should work together and whoever had the most votes at election time should vote for the other.
I did get a contact from DS about 12hrs before the vote had to be posted, but it was all a little late to change our hand by then.

I've got to say hats off to DS firstly for turning a campaign-long enemy into an ally at the final whistle and secondly for convincing two factions, both which had more votes than he did to vote for him, I'll look forward to seeing what he actually offered you two once the forums open up and hope it was a little more than a conspiracy to screw over Altenberg.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
You'll find out what he offered them at the allegiance swearing!

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »
Roll over? ROLL OVER!

How did we roll over?

We were on good terms with Hornhausen and weren't going to attack him ourselves, the plan was always to move back North and attempt to quell problems at Esk and Brass Keep after the death on von Orseln. We evidently had our own problems to deal with. Then you decided to attack Hornhausen and demanded that we help you as it was a smart move... Which I question when Lord Sangerhausen was about to besieged by a huge Altenberg force. Your offer was useless and Hornhausen at the time was our ally so we really had no reason to attack him and that for some reason offended you.

I'd hardly say we rolled over either. We made what appeared at the time to be a good deal and then still marched out and attacked other towns the final turn when we could have played defensive like everyone else. We took a risk to try and grab an extra vote right at the end, which in the end didn't pay off. I'd hardly call that rolling over.
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »
Calm down chaps!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »
Well, you will probably findd it less strange when you read it. Kerpen attacked us late and Hornhausen got shanked by us. That they murdered the elector of Estorf and fauthsie lied to me about it... Well, that is something I will have to adress later. Some settlement should be reachable I am sure.

And Kerpens were honourable enemies. They treated the good elector of Schippel fairly. See, there were troubles for us and the Hornhausens to reconcille. Both had gone too far in getting even to vote for each other yet both felt the need to stand strong and regain a good neighbourship. I think that therefore we both found Kerpen, another eastern neighbour, the perfect candidate. We had matched our mettle, all knew what we were good for on the dield of battle, so we could move on.

And if you were allied with Hornhausen, Spiney sure did not tell us that! Sould learn by nw that Spineys characters always lie throughh their teeth.