home

Author Topic: New 40k Ork size?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline orcyboy

• Members
New 40k Ork size?
« on: September 07, 2008, 02:20:23 AM »
So I just bought my first White Dwarf in almost a year, only for the fact it came with a couple free miniatures.

After I put the Ork together I couldn't help but notice the Ork is freakin huge.. like ogre huge... like bigger then the terminator huge.

So my question is, is this the size of all the Orks in that new 'Assault On Black Reach' set or this guy supposed to be a boss Ork?

If all the Orks are this size has the Ork stat line changed to something like S5 T5 W2?  I was marginally interested in buying the new Black Reach set just cause the price is so great and resurrecting my old (ancient) space Orks, but if 40k is now in 1/35th scale I aint going to bother.

Offline Dazgrim

• Members
Re: New 40k Ork size?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:41:33 AM »
I bought the new White Dwarf as well for me it is it first in over year, I was also drawn by the free minis go figure, I believe the free orc ork is a Nob - an ork elite from what the mag says. I must say as a side note White Dwarf was better than when I stopped buying it, though still along way from the old issues.
Don't hug me I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

Grenzstadt stands.

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 05:54:37 AM »
I believe the free orc ork is a Nob - an ork elite from what the mag says.

Well that's a little bit of a relief, maybe if I had read through the WD I would have found that...  but skimming through it I didn't find any articles remotely interesting,  all LOTR crap and 40k(which is understandable considering the new release).

That said though the new Boss still towers over my old ones:

Offline Moxer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 09:06:54 AM »
You have got some old space orks there! Yes, i would say that orks have gone up in size since then, although i think the last edition space orks were already similar in size compared to the new ones.

The ork in the WD is a boss, so he is probably a tad bigger than the normal ones.
Just another imperial minotaur.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »
He is not a boss, he is a Nob.

The Orc boss is actually almost twice as big as the Nob in the WD.

My hood is my castle...

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »
Well, Nobz is da biggest and da best!

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Moxer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 03:09:41 PM »
Sorry, in Germany the nobs are called bosses, didn't know there was a difference.
Just another imperial minotaur.