home

Author Topic: Marienburg Landship  (Read 6968 times)

Offline spite

• Members
Re: Marienburg Landship
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 02:54:00 PM »
How can you tell that they are recasts?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 02:18:11 AM »
Does it matter if they are recasts?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 08:44:54 PM »
Interesting conundrum warlord.
 On certain wargaming sites you would be hung drawn and quartered by the righteous indignation of the self appointed  IP Police for issuing that  statement. ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::
With oop and discontinued items, if you NEED!! it ,does all thoughts other than acquisition go out of the window?
What if the recast/ bootleg quality is not noticeably different to the original?
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 06:31:12 AM »
Sorry, use my moderator voice, I do not condone recasting miniatures.

But my question was more about if you cannot identify the difference and you dont know, and no one says anything, you wouldn’t think to ask. If its OOP by the IP holder and difficult to acquire due to rarity or whatever, I dont see how it matters...
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 11:29:10 AM »
No accusation intended Warlord, my apologies.
As some of the copyists get better and better I find it more and more difficult to identify the alleged bootlegs especially with oop and vintage miniatures especially if I can get it for the price I want to pay and not market top dollar.
Also there seems to be clusters of rare and unreleased figures appearing for sale from the lead triangle (Nuln Spearman et al) which add to the confusion.
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 11:39:15 AM »
No thats ok, I wasn’t taking it as an accusation. In the forum policies we have things about no IP infringement etc. so I was just using moderator voice to reiterate that to the casual reader.

The second hand market has no impact to the IP holder if they are not producing the model anymore, so I’m not sure it makes a difference? I honestly don’t know though.