home

Author Topic: Mousekiller's Ogre Kingdoms  (Read 4386 times)

Offline mousekiller

• Members
Mousekiller's Ogre Kingdoms
« on: November 29, 2011, 07:08:18 AM »
OGRE ARMY

Galf Tradebasher, Ogre Bruiser -- 137
The Bashers, 4 Ogres - 153

LORDS: 0%  HEROES: 47%  CORE: 53%  SPECIAL: 0%  RARE: 0%
TOTAL: 290 points

INCREMENTS OF WAR:
NOW

So, here is some background:

The Tradebasher Tribe was one of the first to come under the rule of the Overtyrant Greasus Goldtooth.  It was a harsh winter when Overtyrant Goldtooth first began demanding payment from the Tradebashers and laid claim to there territory.  Having a reputation for ferocity, the Tradebashers would have denied the demands of Goldtooth if not for two things.  The first was that The Tradebasher tribe had been buried beneath a monstrous avalanche early that winter, killing nearly two thirds of the tribe.  The second, the Tradebashers were starving and Greasus offered food in exchange for the Tradebashers relinquishing the territory that they claimed.  Since joining the Goldtooth's, the Tradebashers have proven there worth many times over the Greasus, helping him to continually expand his domain.  In addition to marching to war when called, the Tradebashers still occupy a portion of there original territory near the Giants Rocks, along the Ivory Road, as this makes a very convenient place to collect "taxes" on any who wish to enter the Goldtooth domain.

GALF TRADEBASHER
Galf Tradebasher ascended to the tyrancy of the Tradebasher tribe soon after his father was hit in the leg by a cannonball from an Imperial caravan.  Though his father fought thru the battle, winning victory for the Tradebashers, his leg soon began to fester and a noticeable sickness began to set in.  It was at this time that Galfs younger brother decided to challenge their father for tyrancy.  As the duel began, Galf rushed into the arena, shoving his father aside (a feat that without the gangranous sickness would have been impossible) and proceeded to beat his brother for such insolence, until finally his brother stopped moving.  Assuming that both of his offspring had thought to challenge him, Galf's father had regained his feet and was approaching from behind.  Avoiding the reaching fingers of his father, Galf ducked low and his bloodlust set in.  When all was said and done, however honourable he tried to be, Galf found himself feasting on the guts of both his father and his brother, claiming the tyrancy of the Tradebasher tribe for his own.

THE BASHERS
The Bashers make up the brunt of the Tradebasher tribe, always the front of any fight.  Made up of the young, unproven, and most brash of the tribe, these Bashers are effective in their simple smash style.  Tactics are beyond them except one, the boss points and the Ogres smash.  Led by an old Ogre, affectionately known as Smasher, who has figured out that the first to smash is the first to loot, the Bashers are an unstoppable mass of muscle and fat. 

WORKS IN PROGRESS LOGS:

WORKS IN PROGRESS: Neutral Armies
WORKS IN PROGRESS

MOUSEKILLER ARMIES

ARMIES OF ORDER:
EMPIRE

NEUTRAL ARMIES:
DWARVES

ARMIES OF DESTRUCTION:
OGRE KINGDOMS
ORCS AND GOBLINS
SKAVEN

ARMIES OF CHAOS:
MORTALS OF CHAOS
DAEMONS OF CHAOS
BEASTHERD

ARMIES OF DEATH:
VAMPIRE COUNTS
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:06:03 PM by mousekiller »

Offline mousekiller

• Members
Re: Mousekiller's Ogre Kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:22:29 AM »
GALF TRADEBASHER
Galf Tradebasher ascended to the tyrancy of the Tradebasher tribe soon after his father was hit in the leg by a cannonball from an Imperial caravan. Though his father fought thru the battle, winning victory for the Tradebashers, his leg soon began to fester and a noticeable sickness began to set in. It was at this time that Galfs younger brother decided to challenge their father for tyrancy. As the duel began, Galf rushed into the arena, shoving his father aside (a feat that without the gangranous sickness would have been impossible) and proceeded to beat his brother for such insolence, until finally his brother stopped moving. Assuming that both of his offspring had thought to challenge him, Galf's father had regained his feet and was approaching from behind. Avoiding the reaching fingers of his father, Galf ducked low and his bloodlust set in. When all was said and done, however honourable he tried to be, Galf found himself feasting on the guts of both his father and his brother, claiming the tyrancy of the Tradebasher tribe for his own.

VOTE AT CMON:  GALF TRADEBASHER

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
nice work :)
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:31:24 AM »
Beautiful!

Offline Wolfenbaum

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
Really nice! Especially the dirty and rusty old metal.  :::cheers:::

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 08:01:26 AM »
I know, it has been a while.  Two notes here, one, I seem to have lost two of the unit in my two moves since I started painting them, and two, I plan to get another 6 of these painted up once I have them ordered to flesh the unit out to a solid 10.... so I will wait to post the unit up for a vote until after they are finally completed some day down the road.

THE BASHERS

The Bashers make up the brunt of the Tradebasher tribe, always the front of any fight.  Made up of the young, unproven, and most brash of the tribe, these Ogres are effective in their simple smash style.  Tactics are beyond them with the exception of one, the boss points and the Ogres smash.  Led by an old Ogre, affectionately known as Smasher, who has figured out that the first to smash are the first to loot, the Bashers are an unstoppable mass of muscle and fat.

Up next will be some Ironguts, check out my WIP thread for updates on their progress!

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »
So, I decided to post each of the ogres on their own to show some more of the detail, these guys are so big that I felt they each deserve their own time in the lime light.  Plus, they pretty much told me to do it... and you can't say no to an Ogre let alone a bunch of them.  Over the next few days I will get each of them up...

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »
Love it.  How did you get the rust effect on you Tyrant's sword?  Looks brilliant!   :::cheers:::

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 07:58:40 AM »
Ogre 2:

mottdon:  Well, I will most definitely try!  Started with a base of GW Boltgun Metal (this is an older version paint), followed by GW Chainmail and GW Mithril Silver highlights (also older GW paints).  From there it received a few washes of black and brown followed by another highlight of Mithril Silver.  The rust effect was from Dark Flesh (stipled on), followed by Rust brown (a reaper master series paint) and blazing orange, and a few light washes of black and brown.  This was followed by adding black stripes where I intended to put "scratches".  Then another highlight of mithril silver on these black marks and the edges of the weapon.  Where I planned to add blood spatter I added a very thinned down blood stain red (reaper master series paint).  Then a dull coat spray, followed by the wetter looking (and newer) GW Blood for the Blood god mix.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:35:18 AM by mousekiller »

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »
Nice!  That's a lot of effort that went into those swords and it shows!  Great job. 

Have you tried Ryza Rust, the Citadel Dry paint by GW? 

I have it, but have yet to use it.  I was wondering how this compares to your (more complete) method.

Offline ColonialRaptor

• Members
    • www.facebook.com/DavidColwellMP
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 12:39:18 AM »
GALF TRADEBASHER
Galf Tradebasher ascended to the tyrancy of the Tradebasher tribe soon after his father was hit in the leg by a cannonball from an Imperial caravan. Though his father fought thru the battle, winning victory for the Tradebashers, his leg soon began to fester and a noticeable sickness began to set in. It was at this time that Galfs younger brother decided to challenge their father for tyrancy. As the duel began, Galf rushed into the arena, shoving his father aside (a feat that without the gangranous sickness would have been impossible) and proceeded to beat his brother for such insolence, until finally his brother stopped moving. Assuming that both of his offspring had thought to challenge him, Galf's father had regained his feet and was approaching from behind. Avoiding the reaching fingers of his father, Galf ducked low and his bloodlust set in. When all was said and done, however honourable he tried to be, Galf found himself feasting on the guts of both his father and his brother, claiming the tyrancy of the Tradebasher tribe for his own.

VOTE AT CMON:  GALF TRADEBASHER

Hey there, is this a conversion? I think it is... but I'm not hugely familiar with Ogre Kingdoms... if so, how did you make him?  I like having Ogre Maneaters in my Empire units as 'fillers'.
Find my Ongoing Workbook Here

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 03:08:57 AM »
It's a standard Tyrant, I think http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ogre-Kingdoms-Tyrant

It has different weapon and head options, it seems.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 04:36:42 AM »
SMASHER

\

Darknight:  You got it, standard tyrant.

ColonialRaptor:  Just the standard tyrant with the weapons options.  Would love to see your OK if you have the link.

Mottdon:  I have not, but now that I know it will be in my next order!  Thanks.

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »
Sorry about the delay in getting this guy up.