home

Author Topic: Dragon Rampant  (Read 17628 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Dragon Rampant
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2018, 12:02:18 AM »
Thanks GP!
Love the northerners. Unfortunately I won’t be in a state to buy until December or January if all goes well.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Il Condottiero

• Members
  • Crying Havoc since 1992!
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »
Outstanding work!

Say, where could I read some more about these Matoreans? I was about to denounce thee a heretic and a consort to daemons before thinking that could be a misunderstanding and you don't meant to field them together *at the same side*... right? XD
Seeee todo este ouro... for MEU!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2018, 01:04:18 AM »
HA!👆 thank you very much!
Not heretical thankfully 😸
I was putting them together as foes.  I planned to get the ral partha shaman an leader trolls plus another stone thrower to fill out that unit and all those spare tzeentch Deamons left over from my deamon army. I have a bunch of empire knights as well.  Getting stoked again to get this on the road after getting so close.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2018, 01:22:28 AM »
Matorea is a town in the Border Princes.

I've been using it as the port where my Olde World fluff family with the last name of Mardonia bases their fleet of ships from that I've had in various on-line campaigns.  There is some fluff regarding some of the Mardonia family as part of this thread ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52632.0\

Currently to represent them on the table top, I have a unit of swordsmen, and a unit of handgunners, and they dress in blue and orange.

There is also some limited mention of Matorea on MadAlfred's site, along with a good bit of info on the Border Princes as a whole.

Artoban has taken the place name into the world of Dragon Rampant and/or AoS.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:15:52 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Il Condottiero

• Members
  • Crying Havoc since 1992!
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2018, 01:59:50 PM »
Ah, very nice!

I mean, I've been through some Border Princes material and the name hadn't rung any bells to me, but what a nice little thing to do.

Back when I was still doing Chaos Dwarfs I did the same with Zharr Naggrund - if the Lizardmen can fly off their pyramids, why couldn't the Chaos Dwarfs, through Shadow magic, snatch their own ziggurats away? :) Standing between the Realms of Fire and Shadow, there stood mighty Zaramuskharaz' Citadel. It was a nice way to keep up with my favorite OCs into the new setting, although I am more unto Ogres and Chaos Mortals there days over there.

Painting Orange can be tricky, in my experience. They are looking pretty great, Artoban!

My current Dragon Rampant foes are Chaos Warriors lead by Crom the Conqueror, as well as pals' Perry Plastics XVth century fiefdoms and some other Imperials as well. XD
Seeee todo este ouro... for MEU!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2020, 04:40:41 PM »
See. This is how it happens - GP - inspiration and new miniatures, 023 - battle report on a 3x3 board, - shadespire - Ralpartha sale, buy troll, look at new troops, raise old thread.

Insidious.

When I was complaining to my son about building models, he dodged the obvious ploy to get him to make these, offered up his wisdom from when he was a mechanic and dealing with the dreaded tires and oil changes ‘ when you hate something that cant be avoided, get good at it and get it done as fast as possible’

Coming soon:

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2020, 04:50:09 PM »
Yep, I'm still processing my move, got to finish clearing out the storage unit so I don't need ot pay anymore there and have new storage space an the new place.  Then it'll be on to moving forward with the hobby. :icon_cool:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »
Built with the support of my hobby cat (having a dubious building rapport), my batch of Fireforge Northmen warriors (compliments of GP)
Who will be a squad in my Dragon army. I’m rethinking the whole DR set up. I was going to go with a Matorean theme but since it’s such a huge AoS theme, I think I'll  go with a different idea as yet unknown. I’ve decided I will get the rest of the Ralpartha trolls (another 6)
To give me a small troll army. It will only cost $37 cdn for them so it’s a bargain.  Those figures have really grown on me. At first I didn’t like them. A reduced unit of daemons are up for fun. They were leftovers from my Tzeentch army. I have a huge pile of empire troops I can choose to make up more protagonists. They have already shown up before but this is a new start.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
Awesome! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Need to check out that Ral Partha sale ...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2020, 08:01:17 PM »
Took some old empire gunners and walked them over the aisle to dragon rampant. I like the brown. Reminds me of a nuln army I saw ages ago

1 1/2 hour ago

Now

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2020, 10:38:05 PM »
I like the new look!  I'm thinking it might be good to use a lighter brown on the shoulder straps to have a piece of the detail come out more.  Also, I like how the brown colors of the hats are slightly different than the uniforms, and that some still have a red color too. :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2020, 11:35:49 PM »
I like the new look!  I'm thinking it might be good to use a lighter brown on the shoulder straps to have a piece of the detail come out more.  Also, I like how the brown colors of the hats are slightly different than the uniforms, and that some still have a red color too. :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Those straps did kind of disappear. I think I have something that will work. I’m glad you like the colours. I’m grabbing the brown primer tomorrow and hope to get going on that. I need to come up with a plan to differentiate the warriors, gunners, archers. I also have a cannon kicking around too a day unit of old great swords. Also a load of knights as well. With 12 trolls and deamons, they will need some help
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2020, 07:51:25 PM »
I went through my extra units from my old army and found a few for conversion to DR. I only had 10 great swords so I found and old champ from a partial command squad and an old battlestandard guy (bastard was always top heavy and falling over) that I cut off his flag, removed his pinned on sword from his back. Great idea till I looked and saw it was a sheathed sword so I removed his left arm, cut away his horn he was holding and reattached in the new way. Thus 12 great swords out of 10.
I have a bunch of knights as well plus 5 panther knights from warlord that may provide the mobile portion of this band.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »
 :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2020, 11:27:17 PM »
Couldn’t leave em alone. Managed to base the northmen as well.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2020, 05:26:31 PM »
The greatswords look sweet!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »
The greatswords look sweet!
Thanks! Going to post a new pic without flash and a clean background lol!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2020, 07:40:18 PM »
It is nice to see 12 of them.  They could be in the 6 figure unit category of a Foot Men-At Arms with the special rule Ferocious in Lion Rampant.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2020, 12:48:33 AM »
I like that idea☝️
Here’s a wip of the northmen plus the rest of the crew so far.  Based yesterday, a few colours today. Screwed up there shoulders - damn my no good eyesight. Need shield interior and I think I’ll throw a decal in. On the box it’s blue with a white wolf head. I could do the same and use a white space wolf head decal. Not sure yet.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2020, 11:34:31 AM »
I really like the brown look to all of these guys, excellent.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2020, 04:43:12 PM »
Great swords ready for battle.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2020, 06:19:38 PM »
Here are the northern warriors. Another unit for DR

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2020, 10:52:34 PM »
Those northmen look great!  I'm very excited to see them, and that color scheme is darn good.  Exceelent! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2020, 12:36:37 AM »
Those northmen look great!  I'm very excited to see them, and that color scheme is darn good.  Exceelent! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap:

Thank you very much GP! Feedback makes everything worthwhile. Next up are some very easy halberdiers to convert as they are mostly painted. I’m start building the archers next but my brown primer crapped out with half a can still available. Might bea bit of a wait to get more.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2020, 04:30:37 PM »
Here is a little bonus. 12 halberdiers. Just washed and based some of my old unit. No desire to repaint them either.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020