home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 110234 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: AoS Adventure
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2017, 02:47:47 AM »
I’m thinking the same thing about the 3x 5.  It might be to narrow but it does fit the room. I’ll have to try a few games. Not sure why I didn’t try 4x4.
I found another of those punch out houses kicking around. I really need to completely do all my terrain over.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2017, 02:09:33 AM »
2 more units of 10 clanrats. Painted one unit and the second I just rebased the others as they were already painted. Up to about 68 I think now. Still have 45 clan rats to go, 1 rat ogre, 20 plague monks and 3 packmasters lol. I think I’ll track down a shaggoth and maybe some dragon ogres.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2017, 10:34:53 AM »
Always nice to see some scurrying ratmen. :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2017, 05:13:42 PM »
Thanks!
Until more glue arrives I’m on hold lol. A rhino and a boatload of rats just waiting to be transformed
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2017, 06:26:01 PM »
Glue obtained.  More rats, 3 packmasters, 1 rat ogre. Couldn’t find a bleeding round base for the ogre.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
More rats and packmasters have grown. And to come up with a 2240 points I threw in some loveable Tzeentch with a soulgrinder and lord of change for some punch.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2017, 10:28:14 PM »
That's a sweet looking army! I like the look of the painting on both the soul grinder and lord of change.

Totally separate but I also like your little globe lurking at the back of the photo's.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2017, 10:39:37 PM »
Thanks Gankom! Those globe bookends are great. I’ll take a closer snap of the soul grinder and LoC. There’s also SG #2 kicking around. Am now realizing the colossal mistake of reducing the board to 3x5 now. Going to 4 x 4 because 6x 4 was just too big. Course I need to make a bunch of terrain too as I have matched the boredom of my basing with the boredom of the surface 😸

I also ordered a 100 40 mm bases from China as I need only one for the other rat ogre. Should be here in February.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:42:33 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2017, 11:17:48 PM »
Here we go. More not so good pictures. Soulgrinder pudding that changes flavour. As usual they are almost complete 😺

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2017, 12:11:05 AM »
I really do like that lord of change, and the blue soul grinder in particular. It'll look even better when it's finished of course, but I like that shade for it's skin.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2017, 12:59:45 AM »
The lord of change was the last model I had painted prior to putting the hobby on hold 6 years ago. I remember having a hard time deciding about the staff so it remained base White.  The grinders also never got finished or  used in combat.   The paints for these are really thin and I forget the manufacturer but it takes numerous coats to build up. L
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »
Great colors on those wings. These baddies are lookin' good Artoban. :happy:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2017, 01:12:59 PM »
Great colors on those wings. These baddies are lookin' good Artoban. :happy:

Thanks Xath! I think I’ll table the same point value of orks/gobbos the pound some sense into them.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2017, 01:51:13 PM »
The pattern on the upholstery looks good too!  My guess is it's either a pillow on the floor or the cover of a seat.  Kind of matches the globe book ends. :icon_wink:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2017, 04:30:24 PM »
The pattern on the upholstery looks good too!  My guess is it's either a pillow on the floor or the cover of a seat.  Kind of matches the globe book ends. :icon_wink:

The cover for the chair. Good eye!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »
Saw the Yes album covers too. :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2017, 04:39:33 PM »
Saw the Yes album covers too. :icon_wink:

My wife said put the vinyl to use so I pinned up my favorites.  They are my fav all time band 😸🎼
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »
Suitable art for fantasy and sci-fi.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2018, 01:40:38 AM »
Back to AoS for a round. All great disasters begin somewhere. Some are even intentional but I really have limited stuff to work with so I’ll try my best. Has this old castle front for years. Time it got used. Pity to spend so much on a front entrance only to fall back on a wooden wall and a stone field wall. It’s all smoke and mirrors like our politicians but here goes. I have a few 2’x2’ plastic ceiling tiles from a Quiznos I did a few years ago. That will be the base. Too tired to do anymore tonight but I didn’t think I had the ambition to start anything for a few days so I’m ahead of the deal. SKS always has a way to inspire.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2018, 07:10:49 AM »
The start of something great! I wouldn't worry about stone front with wood walls. Years ago I use to work at a historical site, one of those pioneer village places but it was a French fort/fur trading outpost. The recreation had, and historically did as well, a stone gatehouse with two stone towers beside it and a native American style wood palisade around the rest of it. Historically they just didn't have the time, manpower or resources to make a fancy stone wall around the whole thing. Just for the main gate!

So maybe your building the start of a fort or outpost! If it was good enough for the French in the 1600's, it'll do your lads nicely in the mortal realms.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2018, 07:26:45 AM »
I reckon its a cool idea.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2018, 04:19:18 PM »
Seems like a good enough project to me. :icon_cool:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »
Had to enlist the table saw at the shop. Here’s the preliminary farm structure. Had the 1/8” melamine backing from an old cabinet kicking around. 6x12 base. I’m thinking of a balcony in each end of the roof to place some savy defenders. And yes, this was accomplished at lunch time. No company hours on this. The trick is to get it home and inside without the knowledge of my wife who might think my time is not well spent enough 😺

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2018, 02:47:13 AM »
So the front gate and wood walls make sense thanks to Gankom.  Then I started thinking I have the barn/ outbuilding, what the heck do the owners live in. Well, I’m going to make a tower keep for them I think. Glued together the 4 walls and found a new use for those bookends. Going to make a floor 1 “ wider than the walls with battlements. The square open area is for the barn which is still at work setting up. The air was blue around here as I remembered how much I like gluing things together.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »
I like the setup.