home

Author Topic: When do you consolidate in the fight phase?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
When do you consolidate in the fight phase?
« on: August 28, 2017, 02:27:02 PM »
Do you consolidate as the last step for a unit when they've been activated or do all consolidations happen at the end of the fight phase?

I ask because one of my playmates says bezerkers can only consolidate at the end of the phase and wouldn't consolidate twice during the fight phase if they somehow managed to wipe two units.  I argued that they would still be able to consolidate a second time if that ever happened.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: When do you consolidate in the fight phase?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:23:32 PM »
per unit, you follow the fight sequence 1 to 6 (where 6 is the consolidate) per eligible unit. You end the Fight fase if you can't complete the number 1 step anymore.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:36:25 PM »
per unit, you follow the fight sequence 1 to 6 (where 6 is the consolidate) per eligible unit. You end the Fight fase if you can't complete the number 1 step anymore.

What this man said right here.

Still, you (the unit charging) can only fight what you declare a charge against in the fight phase, regardless of how many times you get to fight in the fight phase (Bezerkers can fight three times with a stratagem). Yes, you might be able to consolidate three times to get into contact with a unit that was outside your charge range in the beginning of the round, but you won't be able to high-five them with a chainaxe to the face. They, of course, now that they would be within 1" of the Bezerkers, could swing at you. :) Still, it's a good way to tie up that Leman Russ after you've "Death to the False Emperor"'d all the Guardsmen that were bubble-wrappin' that command tank. :)
So, what would you guys do if some dude came at you with a belt that way?
Make sure I've got the safeword memorised.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 05:34:06 AM »
Still, you (the unit charging) can only fight what you declare a charge against in the fight phase,
This. It seriously limits the possibilities to fight again in the same phase sometimes. Also, remember that you have to consolidate towards the nearest enemy.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...