home

Author Topic: 2k list - First 8th Edition  (Read 734 times)

Offline Aaraden

• Members
2k list - First 8th Edition
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
Hello fellow generals of the Empire!

I've been away from the game for a few years.  My area has a fickle Fantasy following, so its been a while since I've found a game, and I haven't played regularly since 6th edition.  But I've discovered a new LGS in my area and there appears to be a new Fantasy following with the new addition, so I get to dust off my troops  :biggriin:

The following is the first list I've put together for 8th.  I'm still reading through new rulebook, so please let me know if see any violations or have any critiques.

Arch Lector of Sigmar - 125
Heavy Armor, Shield - 9
Hammer of Judgement - 25
Holy Relic - 45
Army General - Will be placed with Spearmen Horde

LORDS - 204 points

Warrior Priest of Sigmar - 90
Heavy Armor, Barded Warhorse, 2 Hand Hammer - 22
Placed with Knights

Captain - 50
BSB - 25
Armor of Meteoric Iron - 25
Crimson Amulet - 20
Placed with Spearmen Unit

Captain - 50
Pegasus - 50
Full Plate, Shield - 10
Sword of Battle - 15
Talisman of Protection - 15
Warmachine and solo character hunter

Wizard - 65
Level 2 - 35
Beast Lore
Placed with Swordsmen Unit

HEROES - 472 points

Spearmen x 39 - 215
Full Command
Horde Formation
AL and BSB here

Swordsmen x 34 - 229
Full Command
Battle Bus Formation
Beast Wizard here

Handgunners x 10 - 80

CORE - 524

Knights of the Inner Circle x 11 - 329
Full Command

Pistoliers x5 - 114
Champ w/ Repeater Pistol, Musician

Mortar x2 - 150

Cannon x1 - 100

SPECIAL - 690

Helblaster Volley Gun x1 - 110

RARE - 110
TOTAL - 2000

I've debated removing one of the heroes in favor of a Free Company detachment + a few more troops, but I'm not sure which to take out if I did, and with the new rules (greater difficulty removing rank bonus, stubborn with greater ranks, etc) it seems like the detachments usefulness may be even more easily neutralized than it was last edition.  The list also takes advantage of what models I do have painted.  I've never managed to have a fully painted army, but all the war machines, most of the crew, most of the state troops, the knights, and the pistoliers in this list are all painted, so I could potentially have a fully painted army in the near future if this list proves functional.

What do you guys think?

-Paul
- Paul

Offline Knightime

• Members
Re: 2k list - First 8th Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:04:46 AM »
1. Mounted Warrior Priest can not use 2 hand weapons. "Paired Weapons" are only used for models on foot only!

2. The Capitus - Give him the Enchanted Shield for a 2+save.

3. you have 5 characters, only 500 pts core, 4 war machines?.. Just a wrong mix and imbalance here. For my taste.

4. You have only 1 horde unit ? Empire was born for Horde units. I'd have at least 2! My opinion is that you need more core units that can fight. All I see is 2 core units and a unit of knights. Need a bit more for staying power.

5. The wizard is not a wizard lord so, ironically - I'd upgrade him so that you get the +4 to dispel and 2 additional spells. Make your wizard count.

6. Kudos for NOT playing the crutch items Pope Mobile/Steam Tank!  :eusa_clap:
My opinion, this is for weak Empire Players. The time for these is in a very very big game OR against Power gamers/players/list.

So, it seems to me..

Offline csjarrat

• Members
Re: 2k list - First 8th Edition
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:42:54 PM »
Should do ok, but I'd second the above poster on the upgrade to lvl4, you'll just get spanked all over the place in the magic phase without one. I'd be tempted to get rid of the captasus and pistoliers and get another unit of state troops in their place. The pistoliers don't really do much and the captasus is pretty easy to kill.

A battery of four Warmachines is about right to include an engineer.

The priest got a 2 handed hammer, as in great weapon? If so cool. If not change it to a gw.
Cavalry took a nerf, don't expect them to be amazing.
Compared to the state troops they are a gentle handjob on a friday evening - jaggedjimmyj in ref to knights