home

Author Topic: 9th Edition Rumor ** small rumor**  (Read 15286 times)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: 9th Edition Rumor ** small rumor**
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2015, 01:29:49 PM »
Rumours are saying that humans are getting some kind of 'powered' super humans equivalent to chaos warriors - which people have taken to mean fantasy space marines. Emperor Karl-Franz ascended (incarnate of heavens) is supposedly the prototype.

I never interpreted that from the rumours. I interpreted it was those shining grail knights that Alarielle (or Lileath, or who ever that Elf lady is) had empowered to guard the new 'realm' would be the equivalent of the Chaos Warriors, rather than some kind of Karl clone...

Since the start of The End Times, because the Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts factions were combined in an Undead Legions list  (I shoudl say re-combined, as back in 4th edition it was just an Undead army), people have been talking about EVERY army getting combined with another one, and the 6 factions rumour has just chucked petrol on that barbeque of a rumour.

To be fair, Undead weren't the only army to combine.
3 out of the 4 ET books feature combined lists.

So.  There isn't any substance to Empire, Bretonnia and Dwarfs combining, there are hints for and against it in the End Times. 

Where are the hints against it?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:43:14 PM by Warlord »
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2015, 01:50:06 PM »
The first page of the rumours on the now massive thread on Warseer outright states Karl-Franz as prototype for fantasy space marines.  With a small caveat of 'probably'.

There has been discussion on it and the dead frail knights spirits Lileath used to build the new world for Araloth to escape to was a theory, but that'll me would be an Elven thing rather than human.

Yes, there were combined lists in Glottkin and Khaine.  But the speculation that all armies would be combined has been going on since Nagash.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »
Bubble-Homer wants you

"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."

So the Simpsons predicted Bubblehammer?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDuMp2kDxos