home

Author Topic: Tilea ... do you have figures?  (Read 5183 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Tilea ... do you have figures?
« on: May 25, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »
Do you have figures for representing armies of Tilea?

If yes, what do they represent, what units do you have, and what colors and symbols do you use for them :icon_question:

- - -

I have a mercenary family named after an actual Italian Renaissance family (S'forza).  They wear green and purple and yellow, and are most often affiliated with Tobaro.  Also, I like using the pistolier heads to represent them, and currently have a whole unit of 12 crossbowmen wearing those helmets.  Beyond that, I have a unit of 6 mounted crossbows, and although I've used other figures on the table top to sometimes represent them, I would like to flesh this army out some more with at least a unit of 20 pikes, and a medium cavalry unit of 6 figures as well.

I also have another army painted in red and white, which uses a gold crown as a symbol.  I have a unit of about 20 spears for them that I bought a ways back, and been painting a unit of Perry pike's (the latter will also cross over into my historical collection as well).  I'm aiming to use them for a small city-state that I've imagine on a little traveled coastal road of Tilea between Urbino and Viadaza.

Their arch-enemy will be another small city state to the south of them that will probably use blue and white with a red rose as their symbol.  However, I haven't yet provided any figures for these guys yet.

I also have some of GW's line of Dog's of War figures that I intend on using with these figures above, but don't have a plan as to how they'll end up yet.

"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Tilea ... do you have figures?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 11:36:37 PM »
I will mine my pictures from other posts to make this post.

Some Tilean 'bravi', figures mostly from Wargames Foundry's 'Casting Room Miniatures' range. They're painted in all sorts of colours to give a militia impression:

From the same range as above, these are militia pikemen, carrying a Morrite emblem of my own design, amalgamating the common symbols of the raven and the hourglass.

More casting room miniatures next, being some mounted nobility

Here are the two chancellors of the mercenary company the Compagnia del Sole, liveried as the rest of the company, and with the Myrmidian banner emblem behind - half a sun and a white baton. This is my own amalgamation of suggested Myrmidian emblems.

The Compagnia's mounted men at arms are Perry plastics:

The Compagnia's heavy foot regiments are Perry's and old GW and some other ranges too ...

Another (much, much smaller) mercenary company, with their own livery, is Pandolfo's galloper guns:

And some northern mercenaries of the VMC (a Marienburg Trading Company) in Tilea:

They have their own Myrmidian banner:

I provide the figures for the player of Duke Guidobaldo of Pavona. They have a blue and white livery:

Here are mercenary pikemen, liveried (partially) in the orange and blue of Remas. The figures are an old range whose name eludes me just now:

You can see some more Reman liveried guards behind the Morrite priests here:

And here are several artillery pieces in Reman livery:

My religious cultists have a livery also, based on the Morrite priests' grey and dark-red (with some purple thrown in for good measure):

Even the halflings in the army of Verezzo are liveried:

And here is the muted livery of the Bretonnian mercenaries known as the 'Brabanzon':

Here is a banner based on the historical banner of the Sforza family (of interest to you, GP?)

And another banner of historical Italian origin:

Here are some Reman Church of Morr banners which are versions of historical papal banners (the first being a musician & standard bearer in one!). Crossed keys were common:

And some cross-keyed overkill:

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 01:02:55 AM »
I am only now beginning to understand the depth and brilliance of your work Padre. It’s easy to glide over the many pics you have and take for granted the effort that has gone into your game. This is truly ‘A’ level hobby mastering. And to add to it I can’t get out of my head that  this is with humbrol paints no less. The effort is staggering. This probably has been said before but bears repeating.
If there was an icon for a  standing ovation, it would be placed here  :::cheers:::
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 02:22:13 AM »
welcome to another "hey padre show us your painting" thread, never been disappointed, wonderful work
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 05:35:28 AM »
Thanks guys. It seems photobucket gives with one hand and takes away with the other. Although many old pictures reappeared in my old threads, now that I have re posted some here I have discovered that I cannot see them when I use my phone.

[edit] And they've gone from my computer too.

[edit3] Photobucket server is down. Explains it. Although this in a week when my work website has been down and my work e-mail (through which I get all new bookings) remains down, photobucket's misbehavour pales into insignificance.

[edit 4] & they're back!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:46:20 AM by Padre »
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »
wow very nice
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
Do you have figures for representing armies of Tilea?

If yes, what do they represent, what units do you have, and what colors and symbols do you use for them :icon_question:

Which GW DoW units are Tilean? I think I have most of them, although few in numbers. Haven't painted most yet, but I think most of them will follow the 'official' paint theme. Which would mean they share the 'official' background and probably the regimental symbols too.

Then I have a unit of twelve Imperial Crossbowmen, where some of the figures at least have the Tilean look. Haven't painted them either, so they might end to be non-Empire mercenaries in the end.

Then I have some Perry 28mm plastics representing 15th/16th century Mercenaries and Knights. I haven't yet decided if I use them, and how, but they could make some nice Tileans.

Oh yes, and obligatory picture is due, I guess:

I guess this unit is actually 'unofficial'. Weren't Alcatanai supposed to carry red and white colours?

These are Tilean Mercenaries who have served in the Empire long enough to have got/bought/plundered Empire colour clothing to replace worn original clothing.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 06:20:20 PM »
As far as memory recalls, the following DoW units should be Tilean: All the pike units, Braganza's Besiegers, Vespero's Vendetta, The Birdmen of Catrazza.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 06:29:06 PM »
GP is asking which figures we have, not which figures are official. I would love to see what other people use for 'Tilean' forces, but I can't imagine many folk have Tilean armies.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 06:59:58 PM »
A reason why I put the 'official' in quotation marks.

Sadly, I don't have a Tilean army ready, and I've mostly thought of using the GW Tilean units as Tileans, although they will easily amount to an army should I get them painted.  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »
My DoW figures are Mirigliano's Marksmen figures, and Braganza's Besiegers, and the Galloper Guns.  Might have one other, but I'm spacing it at the moment.  None of these are painted yet ... lol.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
Paint them GP. Do it! Set yourself a target. Unless ... you've got other things to paint. If so, paint those ones GP. Do it!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 10:39:49 AM »
I'm working painting 31 Late WW1 French, and my unit of 6 GW kit bashed and converted crossbowmen mounted.  I'm also working on creatign more space at my place for my hobby.  Once those projects are completed, I'll get them out and see what might happen from there.

Thanks for the encouragement Padre! :::cheers:::

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 11:20:55 AM »
Great job :eusa_clap:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 11:59:26 AM »
I have 5 Vespero's Vendetta and 10 Marksmen of Miragliano, plus Lorenzo Lupo and the Mydas the Mean. They are some of my favorite minis of all time.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline lt dougheim

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
I have a small painted dogs of war army, around 3000 points. Its painted in blue and white with bronze armour. I do own all of the regiments of renown that came out during 5th edition and onward. One day they may even see paint.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 12:09:18 AM »
I was the same. I have recently parted with a few of my Regiments of Renown units - Ricco and Vespero. I didn’t have the giants from albion though, and missed out on the marksman, but did have 25 briganzas which kinda made up for it.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.