home

Author Topic: Figure Lines For Historical Games, and as Fantasy ...  (Read 1294 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Figure Lines For Historical Games, and as Fantasy ...
« on: November 22, 2019, 05:02:12 PM »
Figures for Historical or Fantasy games ...

- - -

Here's a newly released line of figures for Spanish pike and shot during 30 Years War era ...

https://www.1898miniaturas.com/shop/en/48-spanish-tercios-28mm-miniatures

Their "premium collection" offer provides 56 figures for 99 euros/109 dollars, which is under $2 per figure.

They look nicely sculpted with relaxed poses.  Could be used for Estalians with Warhammer, and obviously used as Spanish or other Holy Roman Empire armies as well.  Very tempting to pick up some of these, and hopefully soon.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Figure Lines For Historical Games, and as Fantasy ...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 05:57:18 PM »
So I purchased 1898 Minitatures' "premium collection" of Spanish pike and shot.  It has 56 figures, their full selection, and they throw in a free commander figure on top of the 56 in the package.

However, they also now have Tercio 1 and Tercio 2, each having only 28 figures ... 6 muskeeteers, 6 arquebusiers, 12 pikemen, and 4 command.

The shot are half loading and half firing.  The Pikes are half with armor and half without.  Pikes and flag provided.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra