home

Author Topic: Fantasy Tribes Brown Orcs Project (FINISHED ARMY SHOTS!)  (Read 20878 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Fantasy Tribes Brown Orcs Project (FINISHED ARMY SHOTS!)
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2019, 03:39:54 AM »
Yep, small sized units, via other editions than 8th, it's a good way to go! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2021, 03:52:53 PM »
Just popped back, a mere TWO YEARS after finishing this project, with one more model! This was always planned to be part of the project but I ran out of steam and didn't do it. I just found it in the back of a cupboard and being "between armies" I thought I'd repair, assemble and paint it as I'd intended.

Many of the repairs and modifications I made are now invisible - there is a plastic subframe underneath helping to support the broken and lead-rotted structure, along with a lot of metal pins. I also made a few tweaks to how the giant skull fits to make room for the crossbow orcs, and added little wooden platforms so they could stand in those locations.

The biggest change is the crew - I used these old Citadel orcs to replace the original Ral Partha Orcs, which are a completely different style.

Maybe I could add one more Orc stood at the back of the machine to operate the trebuchet - which actually works, by the way - but for now I'll call this finished, AGAIN!

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2021, 02:06:21 PM »
Great job

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2021, 03:30:31 PM »
Ooooooh!  That does look good.  I like how the orcs have attached the dragon(?) skull together with small pieces of iron, and the concept of having a small trebuchet on the back of a ram is classic.

:icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra