home

Author Topic: empire dice  (Read 15735 times)

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
Re: empire dice
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »
I'd actually like dice similar to Battlefleet Gothic order dice for the Empire.

2 sides each with symbols for each battle prayer.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Snide61

• Members
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
I took it upon myself to start tinkering with some artwork.

I started with this:

And to simplify it:

Something I tried that may not look good, but at smaller size may be fine:

More accurately I think they would look like this on a dice:

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
Nice work. I'd say the version without the stylized flames would be best. You want to keep the design simple in my opinion.

Offline Eighty

• Members
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
i would commit to the double tailed comet. gold and blue or blue and red would be great!
Trumpets sound around me, the wind blowing through my hair, as fellow gamers look in awe at my Army, secretly wishing they chose empire instead of their stupid rats

Offline Snide61

• Members
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 12:34:59 PM »
I have a few more ideas for dice.  I guess each design is considered to be a different order so eventually we would need to decide on one design, but I would like to throw a few more things out there yet.

*EDIT: I agree too about the plain comet being the better of the 2.*
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:15:55 PM by Snide61 »

Offline Snide61

• Members
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »
Ok, next idea:

Source:

Large:

Small:

Its not the prettiest, but it could work.

Offline pistolpadds

• Members
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »
I like all but I think the solid comet one really stands out. Now on the lizardmen forum I think they sent the design and the company sent them a mock up of how it would look. see here http://www.lustria-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10002

Offline Snide61

• Members
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »
Yes they did.  I acutally work with the guy organizing their order. ;)  Hence, my interest in getting an empire design going.  I agree that the solid comet is a winner. 

I am mostly a troller here and don't post much, but I would be willing to organize an order if people would like me to.  I don't know how everyone feels about it since I don't have many posts and not much for reputation here.  Thoughts?

Offline wardenmunger

• Members
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 04:52:44 PM »
I'm a member of a gaming group called The Black Sun based in the UK and we broadcast a podcast each month. We ordered dice from Chessex last year. We were really happy with the results as we're our listeners - we sold 800 in 48hrs. The issues were the £75 customs charge on top of shipping and a bit of a wait for them.

I like the idea of the comet and if available in a few colours I think you should go with the state capitols:

Altdorf - Blue with Red pips
Talabheim - Red with Yellow pips
Nuln - Black with Red pips
Middenheim - Blue with White pips

I know this wont suit everyone - me included but without doing every province and city state you won't please everyone.
Listen in to one of the biggest podcasts in the UK - The Black Sun Podcast - over 18's only !

Follow me on twitter - @wardenmunger

Offline Hieronymus

• Members
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »
Are you guys going to do another order of them? I missed out the first time, although I was hesitant at the thought of getting an unsolicited dna sample!
Check the Imperial Office to read my Warhammer vignettes - all feedback gratefully received.

Latest: Dark Resurrection

Offline Snide61

• Members
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »
I was thinking of getting some of there multicolor 2 or 3 color dice as options for colors.  We can order 5 different colors with one design and it would be considered one order.  I personally think they look better than solid color dice.

I would say we refer to the poll on this forum (http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16117.msg187183#msg187183) to decide which cities/providences to offer.

As far as shipping international (if needed) I don't know what all goes into that yet, but would expect the recipient to absorb the cost.  It would save us some on the up front cost by having it shipped to someone in the states (presumably myself) and then break the order down into individual orders to ship overseas.

The pricing is pretty enticing to order in a large group.

10-25 dice: $1.00 per side
26-99 dice: $0.75 per side
100-199 dice: $0.60 per side
200-499 dice: $0.50 per side
500-999 dice: $0.42 per side
1000+: please ask for quotes

Offline Snide61

• Members
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »
Are you guys going to do another order of them? I missed out the first time, although I was hesitant at the thought of getting an unsolicited dna sample!

I did not realize there was a previous order.  I came into this thread with someone asking if an order had been contemplated.  But as far as this discussion goes, no order has been placed yet.

Offline Hieronymus

• Members
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 06:23:44 PM »

I did not realize there was a previous order.  I came into this thread with someone asking if an order had been contemplated.  But as far as this discussion goes, no order has been placed yet.

Sorry, that was aimed at Wardenmunger and the Black Sun. I should have specified that.
Check the Imperial Office to read my Warhammer vignettes - all feedback gratefully received.

Latest: Dark Resurrection

Offline wardenmunger

• Members
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »
We have placed one order as the Black Sun and had pink dice with white pips. We will definitely place another order for the podcast at some point. It's easy and cost effective in large enough numbers.
Listen in to one of the biggest podcasts in the UK - The Black Sun Podcast - over 18's only !

Follow me on twitter - @wardenmunger

Offline Eighty

• Members
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 10:44:24 PM »
still interested!  :biggriin: for those of you that have ordered for. whats the first step. figuring out how much interest you have? or finalizing the dice.. could we get them to do a mock up of a few of the dice suggested here?
Trumpets sound around me, the wind blowing through my hair, as fellow gamers look in awe at my Army, secretly wishing they chose empire instead of their stupid rats

Offline Half-Light

• Members
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »
I'm actually interested in those as well : D

Offline DivineVisitor

• Members
  • Hammer Time
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 11:05:11 PM »
Had my other half use her photoshop magic to churn out this one based on the same image Snide61 was good enough to hunt down since i'd prefer an outline of the image on the dice

Smaller version

If i got a vote for colours i'd like something simple such as Opaque Ivory with Black pips for representing Reikland

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:30:41 PM by DivineVisitor »

Offline pistolpadds

• Members
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 11:23:29 PM »
I'm a member of a gaming group called The Black Sun based in the UK and we broadcast a podcast each month. We ordered dice from Chessex last year. We were really happy with the results as we're our listeners - we sold 800 in 48hrs. The issues were the £75 customs charge on top of shipping and a bit of a wait for them.

I like the idea of the comet and if available in a few colours I think you should go with the state capitols:

Altdorf - Blue with Red pips
Talabheim - Red with Yellow pips
Nuln - Black with Red pips
Middenheim - Blue with White pips

I know this wont suit everyone - me included but without doing every province and city state you won't please everyone.

With the customs charge would chessex not mark the box as gift and worth less then £15 so you dont get the customs charge

On the design front has anyone got the luthor huss novel. The pic at the start of each chapter would be good. big hammer with sigmar across it .
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:26:57 PM by pistolpadds »

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 11:56:40 PM »
With the customs charge would chessex not mark the box as gift and worth less then £15 so you dont get the customs charge

I ship stuff internationally, and the problem with that is that it is just slightly massively illegal (the falsifying of the value - marking something as a "gift" is generally fine because, hey, I didn't technically speaking sell them ... he made a donation and I sent some dice. What a co-incidence! Prove it, copper!) and - if discovered - can lead to major issues with HM Customs and Revenue breathing down your neck.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline pistolpadds

• Members
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »
well then if someone in america is the one is the one to put the order in then send them out then we make a donation to them that just somehow covers the cost. dam UK custom charges as if we dont pay enough as it is.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »
Isn't the twin tailed comet copyrighted ?
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
Isn't the twin tailed comet copyrighted ?

Exactly what I was thinking.

A cross, however, is not.
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »
Might be useful to have this stored somewhere on this website:

Adeptus Astartes, Battlefleet Gothic, Black Flame, Black Library, the Black Library logo, BL Publishing, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, The Blood Bowl Spike Device, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos device, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, City of the Damned, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Dark Future, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Epic, Eye of Terror, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Inferno, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Marauder, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, Necromunda, Necromunda stencil logo, Necromunda Plate logo, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Talisman, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer Historical, Warhammer Online, Warhammer 40.000 Device, Warhammer World logo, Warmaster, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, logos, places, names, creatures, races and race insignia/devices/logos/symbols, vehicles, locations, weapons, units, characters, products, illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, the Warhammer world, the Talisaman world, and the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2008, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All Rights Reserved

It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 09:21:07 AM »
So to be clear :

Anything copyrighted by GW cannot be sold through this site. Even if you're not making a profit. What you do privately is up to you.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Snide61

• Members
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
So to be clear :

Anything copyrighted by GW cannot be sold through this site. Even if you're not making a profit. What you do privately is up to you.

Ahhhhhh . . . there's the rub!!! ;)  Thanks for pointing that out.