home

Author Topic: Re-setting FW Resin Parts  (Read 845 times)

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
Re-setting FW Resin Parts
« on: August 10, 2020, 04:09:01 PM »
I've read loads of things around this topic but wondering if anybody has had any sure fire successes on this front?

I've got some Forgeworld minis and a couple of them have slight bends on pieces which should be straight, most notably on things like sword blades. Nothing worse than having a high profile character with a wonky weapon  :unsure:

All the info I've read says to submerge in (relatively) hot water to soften, re-position the bit and quickly quench in cold water to set the resin in the new position. I have however done this on the same few parts at least 2-3 times and they seem fine at first but then I notice that after a few days they seem to have reverted back to their slightly wonky state, albeit maybe not quite as bad as how they started off. The most annoying thing is when I then go back and try again, softening in the warm water just ends up with the pieces reverting back to their original state and it's just like starting all over again so there's no way of just making marginal adjustments bit by bit.  :?

Does anybody have any suggestions above and beyond perseverance?

Cheers.