home

Author Topic: Combined General/Grand Master/Elector Count Entry  (Read 3840 times)

Offline DivineVisitor

• Members
  • Hammer Time
Combined General/Grand Master/Elector Count Entry
« on: August 28, 2011, 11:29:09 PM »
Empire General:
100 Points
M4 WS6 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I6 A4 LD9

Special Rules:
Ancestral Heirloom
May buy a magic banner worth up to 50 points for one unit of State Troops

Equipment:
Hand Weapon, Full Plate Armour

Options:
3 points - Shield
6 points - Halberd
6 points - Great Weapon
Up to 100 Points of Magic Items

Mounts:
  14 points - Warhorse
    7 points - Barding
  50 points - Pegasus
150 points - Griffon

Upgrade to Grand Master +30 points:
Ancestral Heirloom replaced by Master of Battle (Unit joined gains Immune to Psychology)
Must join a unit of Knights, may be given no more equipment other than magic items.
Equipment:
Hand Weapon, Lance & Shield OR Great Weapon, Full Plate Armour, Barded Warhorse

Upgrade to Elector Count +100 points:
Ancestral Heirloom replaced by Leader of Men (18 inch leadership bubble)
An Elector Count is always equipped with a Runefang (does not take up magic item allowance)
Equipment:
Hand Weapon, Runefang, Full Plate Armour
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:31:49 PM by DivineVisitor »

Offline cpt akn

• Members
Re: Combined General/Grand Master/Elector Count Entry
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »
It seems like a concept that could work, but I'm not sure I like the naked GoTE being more expensive, while a runefang/18"bubble-combo becoming cheaper. It seems to me, that such changes would result in the elector count being the only type for general chosen, which would be a shame.

Offline DivineVisitor

• Members
  • Hammer Time
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 11:28:35 PM »
Points costs could be changed mind (maybe +150 points?) but i'd like to see an Elector Count entry in the Lord section of the book that comes automatically with a Runefang (and therefore not be listed as one of our 8-10 magic items when the new book comes round) and can still buy some magic items.

Would give us a good option for an expensive killy lord that almost every other army has access to, but of course those that want a cheaper alternative could grab the naked GotE.

Though with the almost required addition of a Lv4 into armies maybe combat orientated lords need to be a bit cheaper in order to encourage their use.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:30:57 PM by DivineVisitor »

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:15:51 PM »
drop the naked gote down to 80 points and remove the 50 point restriction on how much an ancestral banner may cost.  In keeping with what you said about combat lords price costs you may still need to raise the elector's cost to +20 points =120 pts for the upgrade.  However it can be argued that the ability to grant a magical banner to a unit is worth those same 20 points so it may not need tweaking.  What are your thoughts capt akn?  I think I know which way divine visitor would argue that point.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline DivineVisitor

• Members
  • Hammer Time
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:46:07 PM »
Not all that worried about the points costs mind, more just me contemplating if people would like to see them all wrapped up into one choice with options to upgrade to Grand Master or Elector Count and if so would this kind of entry be appropriate.

Offline cpt akn

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:57:13 AM »
I also think the concept is great and could easily work gamewise. But such an idea must be viewed from a fluff point of view as well as a gamer's point of view.

From a fluff point of view it might need some tweaking, seeing as I'm not sure all elector counts have climbed the carreerladder: Captain -> GoTE -> Elector count   but instead inherited the position (I'm not sure about all the lore though). In the same way i believe Grandmasters are chosen amongst the knights of said order.

@Hurenwiebel I see what you mean with the +20 points, but a GoTE at 80 pts already has the banner ability. I'm not getting all into whether or not that is a fair price, but seeing as many people shun the GoTE in its' current state, i don't think it needs a higher point cost.

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 01:25:19 AM »
A Mercenary General is 90 points with the stats you have there, and I'd take a GotE with those stats at 90 points.

Keep "Ancestral Heirloom" as an ability that all the options have though. It represents his personal attendants who have brought his colours to the battlefield.

It'd be nice to have a General who didn't suck in a fight.
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian