home

Author Topic: Mousekiller's Empire Army  (Read 38001 times)

Offline mousekiller

• Members
Mousekiller's Empire Army
« on: August 08, 2009, 11:45:39 PM »
IMPERIAL EMPIRE (579):

Luthor Huss - 180 points
Angus Fierbran - 114
10 Spearmen - 90 points
20 Handgunners - 195

Lords: 0% Heroes: 50.78% Core: 49.22% Special: 0% Rare: 0%

THE CURRENT ARMY

This story begins two years after the end of the Storm of Chaos, during a time of rebuilding in the Empire.
Luthor Huss, on order from the Emperor himself, has travelled the breadth and width of the Empire spreading the word of Sigmar.  Recently, he awoke from a dream in which Sigmar showed him a dark tower in the midst of a barren desert.  Saddling his horse, Luthor immediately headed south, to the Great Desert and the Land of the Dead.
Luthor found himself wandering for many days in search of the mysterious Black Tower of Arkhan. After the fifth day with no water or food, Luthor found himself kneeling with little strength to continue. Bowing his head he gave prayer to Sigmar that he might be granted enough strength to finish what he had started, the opportunity to serve Sigmar by destroying those that opposed him, both in life and those that refused to die. After two hours of prayer and meditation, Luthor began to see the world around him fade and images of death, destruction, and the sounds of war all around him. The undead shambled by him, the stench of decay fresh. These were not the ancient dead of the Great Desert, but the recent dead of the Empire. Luthor even recognized the rolling hills and sparse vegetation, and the waters of the river Stir rushing by. Hefting his mighty warhammer, Luthor began smashing the dead around him, uttering prayers to Sigmar until he finally collapsed from exhaustion.

Upon waking, Luthor found himself in the company of a small retinue of the Knights Panther, the Preceptor and a burly red robed man tending his wounds. It was soon explained that the Knights had been in pursuit of an army of undead raised by the random magic of the desert and led by an Ancient Tomb King, when they were hit by a sand storm. During the storm the Tomb Kings army struck in ambush and, for some time, it seemed that the Knights would be doomed. It was then that Luthor had arrived, his Great Warhammer glowing bright in the storm cutting a path through the undead to the Tomb King himself, destroying what should have never existed to begin with. Soon after, the remaining army returned to dust, and the Preceptor found Luthor on the ground with a great many wounds.

After explaining his vision and what led Luthor to the Knights, Preceptor Franz Feuerbach  and the strange fire mage, Angus Fierbran,  have agreed to accompany Luthor to Stirland to speak with the Elector Count and figure out what this vision truly means. 
Soon after entering into the southern empire, Franz also dispatched a courier to Krugenheim, where his father still rules, to rally whatever troops he could.  The first to respond were the Flintloquers, who mustered there regiment quickly and immediately dispatched to Wurtbad.

LUTHOR HUSS, PROPHET OF SIGMAR
Renegade priest, devout worshipper of Sigmar, savior of the Empire.  Luthor Huss has been known as all of these titles, but most recently has played a very strategic hand in bringing Valten, the body of Sigmar incarnate, to the Empire in its greatest time of need.  He has been hailed as a traitor by many in the clergy for his abrupt distribution of justice to those he deems unworthy to serve Sigmar, and has been hailed as a hero of the Empire by Karl Franz himself.  Most recently, Luthor is in search of extinguishing whatever evil awaits the Empire from his most recent visions.

ANGUS FIERBRAN, BATTLE WIZARD OF THE BRIGHT ORDER
At the age of twelve Angus was exiled from his village for setting fire to three houses and the village inn. Though no one was seriously injured, and the village council had no actual evidence that Angus had committed the arson, it was unanimously decided (Angus's father was a sitting councilman) that wherever Angus went, fire followed. Chased from the village with his once friends throwing rocks at him and the threat from the council of a witch hunter enroute, Angus left his home for good. With no where else to go, Angus made his way to Altdorf where he lived on the streets as a torch juggler for two years. One day, after accidentally setting fire to a fruit stand and running from the city watch, Angus met a red robed figure who led him to the College of Fire.

After ten years of training, Angus was encouraged by the Grand Master (as many young mages are) to accompany the Knights Panther on a crusade to the south in order to test some of the skills that he has learned, but soon finding himself at the center of things much bigger.

10th SPEAR REGIMENT, "FIGHTING LIONS"
The 10th Spear Regiment, led by SGT Hanek "One Eye" Kriegof. The 10th Spear have a long history of fighting alongside the Knights Panther. When the Knights Panther first established a chapter house in Talabecland, the Elector Count at the time assigned the 10th as an honorary guard for the chapter. Years later this relationship evolved into the 10th accompanying the Knights south for the Crusades, where they earned the name "Fighting Lions" by protecting the flank of the Knights Panther against overwhelming numbers for three straight days. Though they took heavy losses (nearly 80% of the original regiment were lost) the army was able to achieve victory on the field. Since this day, the Knights Panther have truly accepted them as an honor guard, and the 10th now accompanies them on almost every campaign.

THE FLINTLOQUERS, "TAAL'S FLINT"
Currently led by SGT Phelp Stutgard, the Flintloquers have a long and cherished history as defenders of the southern boundary of Talabecland.  First called upon in 2010 to defend against the incursion of the Vampire Counts, they were completely decimated.  During the battle of Grim Moor in 2121, soldiers from Talabecland were seen raising the red and yellow colors of the regiment once more and played a decisive role in destroying the army of Konrad Von Carstein.  Since then, the regiment has seen action in every conflict that the Grand Duchy has been involved in.

WORKS IN PROGRESS LOGS:

WORKS IN PROGRESS: Neutral Armies
WORKS IN PROGRESS

MOUSEKILLER ARMIES

ARMIES OF ORDER:
EMPIRE

NEUTRAL ARMIES:
DWARVES

ARMIES OF DESTRUCTION:
OGRE KINGDOMS
ORCS AND GOBLINS
SKAVEN

ARMIES OF CHAOS:
MORTALS OF CHAOS
DAEMONS OF CHAOS
BEASTHERD

ARMIES OF DEATH:
VAMPIRE COUNTS
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:08:58 PM by mousekiller »

Offline steveb

• Members
Re: Mousekiller's Empire Army
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 02:59:34 AM »
actually it looks pretty good, one question though, is his vest and leather skull cap painted metallic? I can't tell for sure. steveb

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:08:29 AM »
Welcome. I have seen some of your stuff on da-warpath.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »
Like it. Nice detail. Nice colouring. Looking forward to seeing the rest painted.  8-)
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:17:35 AM »
LUTHOR HUSS, PROPHET OF SIGMAR

Renegade priest, devout worshipper of Sigmar, savior of the Empire.  Luthor Huss has been known as all of these titles, but most recently has played a very strategic hand in bringing Valten, the body of Sigmar incarnate, to the Empire in its greatest time of need.  He has been hailed as a traitor by many in the clergy for his abrupt distribution of justice to those he deems unworthy to serve Sigmar, and has been hailed as a hero of the Empire by Karl Franz himself.  Most recently, Luthor is in search of extinguishing whatever evil awaits the Empire from his most recent visions.

CMON: http://www.coolminiornot.com/249016

Sculptor:  Allen Perry
Manufactured:  Games Workshop, 6th edition

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:55:33 AM by mousekiller »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 03:57:40 AM »
I suppose the gray could be ok, although a metallic look for the cap and jerkin seem unusual.  Can you provide us a new picture without the glare that makes the gray look metallic?

I like the look of the rider on the horse, yet not sure I'm thrilled with the panther on the head of the horse.  It seems too long with the point at the top.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Soren

• Members
  • Helstorm Rocket Test Pilot
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 07:25:57 AM »
There is elegance in simplicity. Nice conversion.  :::cheers:::
Warm Regards,     Sören

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »
ANGUS FIERBRAN, BATTLE WIZARD OF THE BRIGHT ORDER
At the age of twelve Angus was exiled from his village for setting fire to three houses and the village inn. Though no one was seriously injured, and the village council had no actual evidence that Angus had committed the arson, it was unanimously decided (Angus's father was a sitting councilman) that wherever Angus went, fire followed. Chased from the village with his once friends throwing rocks at him and the threat from the council of a witch hunter enroute, Angus left his home for good. With no where else to go, Angus made his way to Altdorf where he lived on the streets as a torch juggler for two years. One day, after accidentally setting fire to a fruit stand and running from the city watch, Angus met a red robed figure who led him to the College of Fire.

After ten years of training, Angus was encouraged by the Grand Master (as many young mages are) to accompany the Knights Panther on a crusade to the south in order to test some of the skills that he has learned, but soon finding himself at the center of things much bigger.

CMON:  http://www.coolminiornot.com/128075

Sculptor:  Unknown
Manufacturer:  Games Workshop, 5th Edition.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:25:16 AM by mousekiller »

Offline Boldrick

• Members
  • My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »
I love the panther knight :happy:

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »
I also love the Panther. Could we have some different shots of him please?
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline griffit

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »
I like your paintjobs; look nice and clean.
The panter is also very nice. 
congratz; keep it coming.
Proud member of the Golden Goblin Gaming Group www.goldengoblin.be

My blog: http://griffitscorner.blogspot.com/

Offline Pierro911

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
i love the panther knight conversion. I am converting a DOW army and am planning on doing the panther fur saddle as well. Did you have the rider on the mount whne you painted him OR did you paint him sperately then attached him to the mount after? I have always painted my mounts and riders seperatly. I was thinking of using vasiline on the rider where he contacts the GS do my sculting and then remove him for painting do you think that will be a good plan or just assemble the whole thing an paint it.

BTW I have seen you work on Warhammer Forum and you are a damn fine painter!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 01:56:16 AM »
The handgunners are coming along quite nicely. :icon_cool:

But I'm still struggling with the adorment on the head of the horse.  Maybe it could work if the silver nob the gold point is sitting on wasn't as high?  It is now seeming loike it would be a bit heavy for its location on the head, almost as if it is too far forward.

Trying to be helpful, although since its already in process, not sure this is really being useful.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Thurlac

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
very nice all of them.
Particularly the Panther Knight.
I've seen barding ornaments like it before in museums: one could justify it as a wooden carving over the normal spike
Have you ever considered letting Sigmar into your life? Please read these educational and informative pamphlets. No, no, my colleague is quite all right, thank you. He always foams like that. The flail? A sort of comfort blanky, honest. Ignore the singe marks.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »
simple designs make the best models.....nice painting as well......i like the deep colors good job dude.... :smile2:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 12:58:56 AM »
10th SPEAR REGIMENT, "FIGHTING LIONS"

The 10th Spear Regiment, led by SGT Hanek "One Eye" Kriegof. The 10th Spear have a long history of fighting alongside the Knights Panther. When the Knights Panther first established a chapter house in Talabecland, the Elector Count at the time assigned the 10th as an honorary guard for the chapter. Years later this relationship evolved into the 10th accompanying the Knights south for the Crusades, where they earned the name "Fighting Lions" by protecting the flank of the Knights Panther against overwhelming numbers for three straight days. Though they took heavy losses (nearly 80% of the original regiment were lost) the army was able to achieve victory on the field. Since this day, the Knights Panther have truly accepted them as an honor guard, and the 10th now accompanies them on almost every campaign.

CMON:  http://www.coolminiornot.com/247342

Sculptor:  Unknown
Manufacturer:  Games Workshop, 6th Edition

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:48:18 AM by mousekiller »

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 02:00:40 AM »
I love that pattern of blue with the yellow dot on the knight!

The cloth & fur are also excellent.

:eusa_clap:

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 10:33:40 PM »
hmm that looks familiar.  I like it
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Soren

• Members
  • Helstorm Rocket Test Pilot
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 03:21:38 AM »
That KP is sweet! More pics, please.
Warm Regards,     Sören

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 03:18:18 AM »
THE FLINTLOQUERS, "TAAL'S FLINT"

Currently led by SGT Phelp Stutgard, the Flintloquers have a long and cherished history as defenders of the southern boundary of Talabecland.  First called upon in 2010 to defend against the incursion of the Vampire Counts, they were completely decimated.  During the battle of Grim Moor in 2121, soldiers from Talabecland were seen raising the red and yellow colors of the regiment once more and played a decisive role in destroying the army of Konrad Von Carstein.  Since then, the regiment has seen action in every conflict that the Grand Duchy has been involved in.

CMON:http://www.coolminiornot.com/296818

Sculptor:  Unknown.
Manufacturer:  Games Workshop, 6th Edition.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:30:08 AM by mousekiller »

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »
good, very good. second posting of 1st figure much better. steveb

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
Your painting style is awesome.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »
Wow. That's really coming along nicely.  :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »
Looks like those handgunners hail from the rarely seen province of "McDonaldland".

Heh... red and yellow just always seems to do that to me.   :engel:
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »
It's Talabecland, heretic. ::heretic::
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.