home

Author Topic: Who is who? W-E menagerie as the Ankh-Morporkians.  (Read 843 times)

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
Who is who? W-E menagerie as the Ankh-Morporkians.
« on: December 26, 2018, 03:43:03 PM »
Yes, we need to spice things up a bit! Get some cuaffing going and kick some nuts!

This topic is here to determine with Sigmarite infalliability who among the wild and vicious W-E menagerie is the proper counterpart of the famous citizens of Ankh-Morpork.

I am only really aquainted with the characters in the three first Guards novels and those from the movies Hogfather, Colour of Magic, Going Postal, Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters.
Hence my suggestions are not final but I need help from the rest here.

To the left are our own compatriots and to the right their Ankh-Morporkian alter ego.

Grutch - Wee Mad Arthur (Intrepid, hot-tempered, guildhating entrepreneur who takes no shit)
PhillyT - Corporal Nobbs (Better looking and clearly human but he loves his guns as much as Nobby cannot get enough of Klatchian fire engines)
Soth - Lord Haverlock Vetinari (Rules from the shadow and makes sure things runs reasonably smoothly)

to be continued....
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
Re: Who is who? W-E menagerie as the Ankh-Morporkians.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 04:57:55 PM »
I don't know if this is who I "am" but I identify with Vimes.

Put into positions of authority (committee's, Leadership Teams, Chairman), but all he really wants to do is get a bunch of work done then pop round the pub with old friends and sneak a bacon sandwich.  Not really happy wearing the suit but has to anyways.  Has a spouse with a ... er... forceful personality (ie my Redheaded Scottish Lass) of distinguished proportions, who somehow cares for the old sack of bones, believes in him fiercely (why?), and pushes him into "bettering himself".  Oh, and she has a thing for dragons, and lost causes, is smarter than me, can both yell and cry in the same sentence, and best of all can both fight and make up passionately.  Definitely imagine myself as Vimes.  Successful despite himself, and luckier than he has any right to be.
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....