home

Author Topic: Your Mom's Army-- Gamezone Miniatures  (Read 62163 times)

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Re: Your Moms Army( Update Aug 23)
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »
Yep, they remind me of the Spanish. All you need are some 5th ed. hand gunners and you're set :::cheers:::
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army( Update Aug 23)
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2008, 04:53:01 PM »
Thanks everyone

Yep, they remind me of the Spanish. All you need are some 5th ed. hand gunners and you're set :::cheers:::

Now that is an especially cool colour scheme. I really like your painting and to me your army has a lot of character. Heck it looks like a medieval/renaissance Mediterranean army, like Aragonese or Sicilian (very near and also similar to the Armies of my home island of Malta at the time). Keep up the good work. PS: lovely GS work there   :eusa_clap:

Yeah now that you mention it they do. The Spanish did control the place around that time . Heres something I made today. Its a statue of Alfonso the Great. I sculpted the mustache. Actually im really happy with how it turned out esp. considering it only took about 2 hours to finish and is completly ridiculous. :biggriin:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:14:22 PM by Your Mother »
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: Your Moms Army( Aug 23 is gone crazy)
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 01:07:10 AM »
Nice job on the unit filler.  :-D Does it look weird to have some guy from another province being knocked off in the middle of your units? lol  :-D Oh, and love the work on the unipose spearmen. I'm almost tempted to pick up some more to try and emulate your painting style  :-)
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2008, 09:30:22 AM »
Nice spearmen man! That filler looks great too, and as always, your painting is outstanding. I love your work, so keep it up!
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »
Thank you Obi and Stretch.
Nice job on the unit filler.  :-D Does it look weird to have some guy from another province being knocked off in the middle of your units? lol  :-D Oh, and love the work on the unipose spearmen. I'm almost tempted to pick up some more to try and emulate your painting style  :-)

It doesn't stand out too much. But it doesnt really make sense at all. I guess the men just let them walk into the ranks.  :ph34r:
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2008, 10:52:02 PM »
Well its time for an update. Warhammer has taken the backburner to airsofting for right now, but I just completed this guy. Battle standard Bearer, I hated the mohawk so I got rid of that. Let me know what you think.

Just a little something I bought at my local flee market.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Re: Your Moms Army( Nov 23 standard bearer)
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2008, 11:54:36 PM »
That helmet looks really good.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 01:28:04 AM »
Not really a fan of that helmet, but it still looks okay.  The fact that others, other than myself, are using that figure rocks, as it makes the plastic (and metal "griffon" standard bearer) 7th edition one(s) look like shit. 

Good choice of colors also, Talabecland is a good scheme.
Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D

Offline James R

• Members
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 11:20:30 PM »
hahah i love the general on the first page...made me laugh :laugh:, but other then that your collection is fantastic, i to am using brettonians as my spearmen and have kit-bashed them abit, but yours are great well done! :eusa_clap:

Offline DonKarst0n

• Members
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2008, 08:42:20 AM »
I don't like the mohawk either but I am not a big fan of the bret helmet though. But it fits your army very well as you have a bret unit in it. Good colours and nice armour.

I can't propose a better solution of getting rid of the mohawk as I am myself searching for a good option that I can put on my BSB's head.
Quote from: patsy02
Useless as they may be, the horses still need their knights for the extra armour save.

Offline faucon

• Members
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »
It's a great job so far!
I belong to the fans of that helmet.
There is just a thing I'm not a fan of : your home made banners may be a bit flashie, and don't really fit to the rest of your army. It is just my opinion though...
Good luck for the painting.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 09:46:45 PM »
There is just a thing I'm not a fan of : your home made banners may be a bit flashy, and don't really fit to the rest of your army. It is just my opinion though...
Good luck for the painting.

Well if its the banners with the wolf on it, I found those on the internet but were more of a temporary solution. As for the others I'm going to try and make them more flashy. Especially on the greatswords and crossbowmen.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army(Mounted Crossbows WIP 4/6/09)
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2009, 12:56:53 AM »
Well been awhile since I've had anything to paint. So I picked these guys up last week, must say I was pretty pleased with the set. I'm trying to keep gunpowder to a minimum in my army and any handguns I use are going to be matchlocks, so pistoliers and outriders especially will not be used. I have think thinking of the idea of converting mounted crossbowmen for awhile now, and this is what I got. Most major converting I've done yet. So let me know what you think, esp. any ideas you have for some rules on using them. (I was thinking of decreasing the range of the crossbow since its used on horseback it be harder to span a more powerful crossbow.)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:59:16 AM by Your Mother »

Offline Hendrid

• Members
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2009, 01:15:12 AM »
Great looking conversions. I've been working on something similar but suing 3rd Ed metal figs but yours look great. Always liked mounted crossbow, and have used then in my DoW army before using old historical models. Like the ides of yours.

For rules for Mounted Crossbow you could use these from an old frequenter of W-E.com Aldebrand Ludenhof on The Hammer and Anvil site;

http://www.talismancy.com/hammer/portal.php?page=23

Simple rules but they work. Don't think you want to reduce the range of the crossbow, bt I understand your thinking here, but maybe you would want to keep the move or fire crossbow rule but that would negate the fast cavalry rule a bit but might make them a bit more interesting.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2009, 01:17:08 AM »
Those crossbowmen on horseback look very good.  I'm likely going to be doing something similar, to add to the Tileans I'm making, although likely more armor without the puffy sleeves.  Look forward to seeing your's painted.   :icon_cool:

I'm ok if the range was decreased to 24" to represent light crossbows.  Perhaps using the fast cav rules with alterations could work, incorporating move and shoot, with a reduced effectivesness at firing when they move.  Wouldn't it be neat, to send a fast cav unit to take a spot on the board, and be in a position to fire the crossbows effectively from 12", yet flee if need be from the enemy on their turn?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 01:26:45 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Lord Quiran de Lancastre

• Members
  • My idiocy knows no bounds
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2009, 01:24:10 AM »
I love the conversions.

BTW, it's 3/6/09 unless you posted this from the future, at which point who should I bet on?

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
Re: Your Moms Army(Mounted Crossbows WIP 3/6/09)
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2009, 10:42:27 AM »
Europe. Time difference.

Awesome job! I'd make them outriders.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2009, 10:52:17 AM »
Europe. Time difference.

Ahem... Obi... think about it... There isn't a 1 month time difference between USA and Europe.

Heck, even the 20 year time difference with the USSR is gone....
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
Mhm, let alone a three month time difference.... But point taken.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2009, 08:09:25 PM »
Europe. Time difference.

Awesome job! I'd make them outriders.

Thanks, But making them outriders would defeat the whole purpose of making mounted crossbowmen.

On a different note, what do you guys think about adding the pistolier bits? I tried adding some but i coundlnt really find a spot that looked good.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »
Which pistolier bits are you looking to use?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2009, 09:04:38 PM »
Which pistolier bits are you looking to use?

Its the little pack thing, I wanna call it a cartrige box or something. Main reason I want to use it so at least the have a place to put their arrows ( or bolts in this case)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »
I believe the boxes are for powder, like those used with the handgunners.  Don't know what mounted crossbowmen from the renaissance used to carry their bolts.

Offline Khunag

• Members
  • The J is like an H Ricky, Hal-a-peen-o
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »
Cool army, mate  :::cheers:::

I really hate fantasy (yeah i Know its Warhammer Fantasy Battles) so i tried to keep to a historical theme.

Actually that makes perfect sense - how else would you get a chance to kick butts of all those hated orcs, elves, and the rest? ;)
http://trollsforge.com/

Quote from: rufus sparkfire
No matter where you go, there's always a Polish guy waiting to tell you all about winged hussars.  :icon_razz:

Offline Gustavus Magnus

• Members
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2009, 02:16:25 AM »
Really great work.  Nice looking army.
Gustavus Magnus, of Bögenhafen; Mercenary Captain, Explorer, Spy, Scout, and Outrider.