home

Author Topic: Where ya at with W:AoS and the rest of the hobby?  (Read 7061 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Where ya at with W:AoS and the rest of the hobby?
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2019, 09:48:20 PM »
Have not touched Age of Sigmar yet. I was about to try and get to play the Skirmish version, then they released new rules and wohaa, everything suddenly needed you to buy several books in order to play the game properly.
So much for free rules.

What do you mean by new rules Mathi? Do you mean warcry? It's more like a separate skirmish game. Like AoS' version of Kill Team or Necromunda. The core rules for AoS are still free and can be found online, same with most of the rules for units. The army books contain faction specific rules but its very easy to have a game if you have no books and just the online pdfs.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2019, 10:20:04 PM »
I picked up Beastgrave yesterday. I incorporated the beastmen into my on-going Nurgly beast men army. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Orion-esque wood elves the set also came with

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2019, 08:24:39 PM »
I never played much and haven't tried aos, yet. But i still read news, i still buy old metal from 80s and 90s in eBay (sometimes)

and even new  models are so interesting. I got a box Sisters of Thorns and Tree Renevants. When i look at the warcry terrain, i get hyped.

Tl:dr i am an undead hobbyist - inactive but still lurking around
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2019, 10:01:39 AM »
For years I've only been collecting and painting, and playing Mordheim. I've been very worked up with the whole Mordheim 2019 thing going on these days, but I've got to say Warcry minis are very, very good.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2021, 08:37:59 AM »
Here's another interesting thread where folks seemed to be commenting without taking pot shots at each other.

- - - - - -

And an update for me ... I've purchased the original Warcry starter set plus two more warbands beyond that, even came  close to purchasing my first storm crud eternals, I like the eagles, and the idea there are actually faces under those masks.  Then there was my most recent purchase of Beastgrave starter set and two additional Beastgrave warbands purchased as well, because the figures were just too cool not to own them.  My interest in historicals continues to escalate with way more figures than fantasy and sci-fi combined.  Even got my own hobby room now, and have moved back towards painting more of my Empire figures, plus even doing some Skaven from the 7th edition starter set.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra