home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 265597 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2016, 08:26:30 PM »
It doesn't look like it would be to hard to reposition them though. I'm not a fan of the platform for the rider on top. For some reason it makes me think of a hobby horse strapped ontop of a lizard. I still like the rest of the model though.

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
Yeah, it has its flaws and I don't see myself trying to correct them. So I probably wont get the model.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2016, 10:35:03 PM »
My new years resolution is to finish some of my unpainted models before buying more. That means I'm unlikely to buy anything new for years whether I like it or not.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2016, 08:59:46 AM »
Next up will be the Battletome, Magmadroth (the big salamander thingy) with options for riders: Runefather, Runeson and Runesmiter and do the other 2 on foot! and a novel about the Fyreslayers

Salamanders are not bad. Remove the stupid looking midget that stands on it's back and you could make a decent looking dragon, if you attach some wings. But the price will probably be too ridiculous to bother.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
Salamanders are not bad. Remove the stupid looking midget that stands on it's back and you could make a decent looking dragon, if you attach some wings. But the price will probably be too ridiculous to bother.

If you look at the 2nd picture it states the price: 85 Euro for the Magmadroth with 1 rider and the other 2 on foot
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2016, 11:30:27 AM »
I didn't pay attention, thanx. As I suspected, not over the top, but still a bit too much, if you only look for a conversion opportunity. Still, I guess some1 without money concern might try it. The sculpting and the anatomy look just right for an exotic looking dragon. If GW was smart( which we all know they aren't) they could do it themselves.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Dosiere

• Members
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2016, 07:25:43 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks it looks weird that the dwarf is sitting on a rather large and heavy stone/metal throne thing?  Would have looked better had they actually been riding the thing!  Better, I would have made it the magmathing smaller, and sold it as an elite cavalry option like the DGKs! Dwarf dragon cavalry ftw.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2016, 08:39:58 PM »
Kind of a mini-howdah. I imagine he'd need to be standing to use that big ol' pole arm.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2016, 07:42:30 AM »
It would really look better without a rider at all.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2016, 02:49:13 PM »
Is nobody else seeing the Khornate connection in the second lizard?!
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #260 on: January 15, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
I see a stronger chaos influence on the runesmith guy on foot with the staff. The top of the staff is pretty much a demon head.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »
But that can be explained away as iconography. I mean, Húrin had a dragon helm, but that didn't mean he was aligned with dragons.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »
I think it just as more to do with them combine some of the chaos dwarf influences with the normal dwarfs.

Although I guess you could use the same argument with gargoyles. Churches and buildings are covered in them, could make sense that dwarfs would use it for similar reasons.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2016, 11:52:12 PM »
Water spouts? 
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »
just on warseer:

Quote from: Archibald_TK;7595745
Next releases:

- Bloodthirster, Bloodcrushers (now per 6), Bloodletters & Bloodthrone are back in new packaging.

- Battlesmith (1 model) 23€ - £18 - $30 - AU$ 1.000.000 and a liver

- Grimwrath Berserker (1 model) 23€ - £18 - $30 - AU$ 1.000.000 and a kidney

- Chaos Alliance book or whatever it'll be called in English (304 pages, yup, no typo here, softcover) 26€ £20 $33
Ah, it's the old softcover Codex pricing! 158 Warscrolls for the 21 following factions:
- Everchosen
- Slaves to Darkness
- Khorne Bloodbound
- Daemons of Khorne
- Tzeentch Arcanists
- Daemons of Tzeentch
- Nurgle Rotbringer
- Daemons of Nurgle
- Hosts of Slaanesh
- Daemons of Chaos
- Brayherds
- Warherds
- Monsters of Chaos
- Chaos Gargants
- Thunderscorn
- Master Clan
- Clan Verminus
- Skryre
- Moulder
- Pestilens
- Eshin

Holy crap if this is true!
And what will be the Chaos Gargants and Thunderscorn? And somehow I guess the "Deamons of chaos" beneath the hosts of slaanesh might be more something about the deamons of slaanesh as seeing the other subfactions (khorne, nurgle, tzeentch) are divided like that

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »
Gargant is the new GW TM name for Giant, so we can guess what that is.  No idea what the Thunderscorn would be though.  Edit:  Oh, Thunderscorn could be Dragon Ogres

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2016, 01:39:46 PM »
Also, if that is a book just for all the chaos warscrolls, then what are the chances that there won't be much new stuff for Chaos, at least in AoS for a while?

• Members
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2016, 01:51:52 PM »
Also, if that is a book just for all the chaos warscrolls, then what are the chances that there won't be much new stuff for Chaos, at least in AoS for a while?

hmm indeed.. any new stuff should already be in that book then. Otherwise we won't see much if any new stuff for chaos.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
There may be spoilers for a couple of new units, in which case, I'd expect them in the weeks after.  They should know by now what is coming soon, so selling this kind of book knowing there is stuff coming doesn't seem right, however you never know with GW

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
On another notes, some of the recent artwork in WD for the new slayers, and AoS artwork so far is pretty strict to showing actual miniatures, there looks to be a new style Orruk wyvern.

• Members
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2016, 08:07:50 AM »
in What's new Today featuring the Battletome Fyreslayers. I noticed this

I really love some of those color combinations used!

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2016, 11:26:19 PM »
And now there are rumors circulating of a new Battletome for the undead as well as a possible Hierotitan model. Interesting stuff!

• Members
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2016, 07:33:06 AM »
I know.. All these books aren't good for my wallet  :unsure:
As a collector of the books I want them all.. and that is even without the novels.. which I actually also want to add to the collection for AoS.. let alone to have money left for actual models  :dry:

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2016, 10:15:49 AM »
And now there are rumors circulating of a new Battletome for the undead as well as a possible Hierotitan model. Interesting stuff!

My gut feeling is that this is speculation rather than rumour.  Eventually, I do agree there is a good chance of us getting Grand Alliance battletomes for Order, Death and Destruction, but not for a while.  I do feel they've finished with Chaos for a while.   I think Order will be last. 

The Heirotitan rumours come from artwork showing big statues, but those look so much like bigger version of the Morghast Harbingers that I suspect that's what it actually is, and the artwork has them out of scale maybe. 

The Wyverns with Savage Orruk riders are new though, and I do expect to see those withn the next couple of months

• Members
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2016, 09:47:30 PM »
selection menu on GW site for factions/armies changed to represent the grand alliance book of chaos army names