home

Author Topic: Round 6 Tactics  (Read 5212 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 6 Tactics
« on: August 25, 2005, 06:21:28 PM »
Well we managed to muck up round 5 - the Watchman was there for the taking, and with Stirland also having Udo's contested they would have been out of contact with Bechafen again.

STill Helblaster missed about 9000 points for Talabecland last round - and he will not get any more than 5 battles in this round.

Anyway Good news - WE have a 25% modifier on EVERY report this round.
Talabecland have 25% on reports to Bechafen.

rhacelt has posted at the end of the old round 5 thread, and I hope he'll copy it to here.

I am not going to say anymore at present as I am still smarting at the opportunity missed..............
 :evil:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 06:42:18 PM »
The question is, are we going to attack something new, and risk to anger a faction, or are we going for Bechafen, and don't make any direct opponents. I think the Uneasy is now out of reach for us, even when Udo's Fall is contested, Stirland could prolly hold on to two locations at a time, due to their large number of players.

If we want to attack Brustenbruck, this is the perfect time, because Talabecland has 3 locations to fight, first Udo's which is contested, second Bechafen, at which they have a modifier and third Brustenbruck if we choose to attack it.

I don't know what's best, but I wouldn't mind kicking the Talabeclanders around a bit for trying to take the mission at Kaltenbach.  :twisted:
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 07:28:08 PM »
What will Stirland do ?

Will they go after Forg G or will they bolster TUW ?

I tend to agree that Brustenbach looks like a good target and one that we can certainly hit hard and win. If we are going to win this then we need to have real estate not just our three locations. I've got a feeling that Bechafen wont be a deciding factor, there is probably too little time left so other locations need to be added to our tally ?

If we show our intent early then Stirland may feel its in their best interests to leave us be. Indeed they can fight for their contested location.

Attacking T-Land will cause them to use less of their 25% bonus in Bechafen than they could otherwise have done.

We have a good round to come since we have unposted games in hand, unlike the other factions we dont typically generate a report on a 1 per day basis.

Its also in character with regard to the fluff at Kaltenbach.

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 08:41:59 PM »
I expect that Stirland will certainly secure Udo's. So we should be reasonably safe if Talabecland will also put effort in Udo's.
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 09:14:57 PM »
Your kidding me! I had just enough points to put us in the lead at TUW by 50! Stupid diffrent time zone. They tallied the round while I was at school.
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 12:45:47 AM »
Summer vacation is already over for you…

It brings a tear to my eye just to think of it  :P  :lol:
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 07:51:04 AM »
Ok,

Played 3 small (750) games last night, you heard me THREE.

My wife actually suggested she play a kislev force instead of our wood elves to increase the value any games I might win. The bonus is that I think she actually enjoyed playing again. The games went quickly and each game she saw her mistakes and wanted a rematch getting better each time.

Got to say, my old Kislev models with their feather banners will look nice once I've repainted them.

This may be the round where I can post a game a day.

With that, I see Fred has placed 3 Massacres in at Fort Gregory. This does remind me a little of a kid playing Tic-Tac-Toe going for the destructive no one wins game.

Anyway

I have a  solid, solid,minor  with full modifiers.

Can we see what games didnt get posted last round along with how many games you expect to play please. We can post them in the Current Standings thread.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 08:16:12 AM »
Well with only Sturday and tuesday night for me I dont think I will get more then 2 games. Even with Tuesday night gaming it may be too late :(

Ps Rorrak I have finaly finished my Gryphon Legion Lancers - see them Saturday.
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline rha celt

• Members
My idea
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 12:19:34 PM »
I posted on the tactics for the last round what I thought we should do. Basically I said we should use all of our in hand games at Bechafen now. It will draw in any games that are floating around. Then as we get draws and minor wins we commit them to the uneasy watchman. All solids and massacres we save for Tuesday morning and dump on Behafen. The thought being we make everyone else react to us. It might be nice for a round if we just all go for the same thing and know ahead of time what we are going to do.  It also prevents us from being caught of guard at the end because we did what we planned.  We could get our buts handed to us but it has to work better than last round.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
Re: My idea
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 12:29:07 PM »
Quote from: rha celt
I posted on the tactics for the last round what I thought we should do. Basically I said we should use all of our in hand games at Bechafen now. It will draw in any games that are floating around. Then as we get draws and minor wins we commit them to the uneasy watchman. All solids and massacres we save for Tuesday morning and dump on Behafen. The thought being we make everyone else react to us. It might be nice for a round if we just all go for the same thing and know ahead of time what we are going to do.  It also prevents us from being caught of guard at the end because we did what we planned.  We could get our buts handed to us but it has to work better than last round.

Well, I must say that I like the plan. Our opponents won't expect such an action, they'll think we're going to try and capture one of their locations.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »
The problem with last round obviously (with hindsight) is that we kept back reports. Let us post reports that we have to our intended target as surupticiously as we can as mentioned in the last round of tactics - What was the word you used Rorrak?

Post your reports without making it look obvious (as is possible)

"Pound his positions with your cannons Sergeant! - but dont make it obviouse."

So whats the consensus? Round 6 targets are/is ...?

- Oscar Wilde

Offline rha celt

• Members
Once more
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 12:56:18 PM »
I am thinking that if we want to force an early response to draw of any of the battles that are sitting around we should do it soon.  I would start it off but I don't have any stored battles. I was lucky all my battles made it into last round.  Again this is just a suggestion  but the round has started so we should adapt a statagy soon.

Offline Erken

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 06:06:49 PM »
I think going for T-land would be a bad strategy, scince Stirland reports so much more than us and T-land(i dont mean combined) it would be giving them an easy win.
 I think what Rha Celt suggested is a realy good option for us right know, lets go for Bechafen.

Offline Brunger

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 08:42:30 PM »
My idea is exactly the same as Rhacelts.  Bechafen is a great target, especially with the modifiers we have now.  I am a little wary of what Stirland might do this round (ie push the attack to fort Grigory), but I know they will have to put at least some battles in at Udo's...  

In general I say maybe hold back our posts (but not so long that we miss the round, like me last round :cry:  )  until we see if the other factions attack us and we would like to retaliate; and then post our attacks once we're ready...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 09:35:32 PM »
Sounds solid to me - and it may well catch all the others by surprise.

I doubt if they have even considered it - as they seem to concentrate on skirmishes there.

I just worry about Fort Grigory it's quite close, and it would be nice to retake the Watchman.
If Talabecland look like they will hang on to Udo's, them a late assault on TUW might be appropriate.
The other question is where helblaster puts those 5 massacres he's got?

Still let's post some stuff to Bechafen - I'll whack in my 1400 missed from last round.
I'll do it tomorrows morning sometime. It would be quite effective if we put up 3-4 reports at or around the same time - that will really set the other factions panicking.
 :wink:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Frederick Ironstrom

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 09:46:10 PM »
I have a draw (200pts). Not much but I can add it on to our heavy hitters.

Offline Dragonis999

• Members
  • Toronto, Canada
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 02:32:35 PM »
I have a Solid Victory against orcs using a campaign list.  Just tell me where and when and I will post it.
In Soviet Kislev, troll eats you!

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 04:42:29 PM »
About the posting technique: Maybe once again Midaski could post an obvious and enticing post to lead the enemies away from our real plan. if we're all agreed on Bechafen. Then Midaski could post at a. Fort G "Defending the Last Post" or something to look like we're defending and are not attacking.

To Midaski, sorry for making your results mean nothing if you follow my idea.:cry:  Its for the greater good!   :-D  

And then the rest of us put really boring titles that can be misleading. Eg. For Bechafen: "Hold the Fort" as a title indicates its at fort G but isn't actually.

Gen. Helstrom, if you read this: Does it matter what titles we put on our Bat. Reps, and will you be angry with us and penalise us if some people do this?

It only an idea
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 05:20:02 PM »
I’ll be doing the count and I see it as quite sneaky and underhanded.

:lol: So go for it! If the other teams are too daft to check the results then all the power to you!

:-D
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005, 07:40:54 PM »
Ok,

It was unfortunate that I had already played my games with Scenarios that dont match Bechafen. So I posted two away from Bechafen but they will be needed there I believe. The other two posted at Bechafen.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »
I put my first 1400 up at Bechafen around lunchtime.

and rorrak has added about 1650 as well - I wonder if the opposition have noticed yet.......... :?:

There has been a couple of attacks on us - TVI at Fort Grigory, and one at Kaltenbach - Rorrak has posted one back at each.

We need to watch Fort Grigory - that is a bit close, so I would suggest minors and draws go there, and to Bechafen.

Then we hold back any bigger points - things at 800+ points ready for an assault somewhere on Tuesday.
One advantage of Calvin doing this tally is that he is in Canada - around the same time zone as Florida, I believe - so his Tuesday Morning will be about lunchtime in Europe.

...and of course if the round "ends Tuesday" and he cuts it off too early, then all those "Day 5 - 5th battle reports" will not be eligible or count - so we could argue with the one battle per day merchants on the other factions.
Imagine Helblaster, cisse, towishimp, fred etc posting 5 battles for a 4 day round................ :wink:

mind you episteme got away with 6 last round, and the team never spotted it - you just cannot get the staff these days....... :roll:
 :wink:

Offline rha celt

• Members
Demonslayers reports
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 10:01:21 PM »
Midaski if I could make a suggestion, perhaps a thread saying the obvious. Demonslayer can only add skirmish battles at  bechafen so if we start a thread that we are adding battles to counter all his skirmishes people may not even realize what we are doing. The other teams may still make pushes at other locations but right now we can't really lose anything this turn, can we? So if we let them make their pushes and dump all our major wins on Bechanfen we might build up a big base there. I still look to you as the almighty leader of our little band so what you say goes.

Offline Brunger

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 02:46:36 PM »
I now have 5 battles I'd like to post.  4 Massacres and one minor victory all with the campaign list and the Raid scenario, but only one massacre against empire...

From the Sounds of it, many of you really want to post to Bechafen, but after looking at the battle reports forum I have a strange feeling that Talabecland is waitong for us to post our battles; while Stirland just wants to push the attack to Fort Grigory.  Now Im open to suggestion of where to place my battles but I really feel like posting at the uneasy watchman to try and make Stirland think more defensively.  What does everyone else think?

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 08:58:16 PM »
At Kaltenbach we are about 8800 points ahead. (5.5 perfect games Helblaster)

At Fort Grigory we are about 100 points ahead so its a very fickle lead we have there.

We are behind 5500 at The uneasy.

T-Land are slightly ahead at Udo's.

Attacking at Bechafen with most of our resources will get us a decent lead there (should)
Attacking at Fort Grigory only stops it going into a contested state.
Attacking at The uneasy watchman cuts Stirlands access to Bechafen if they also lose Udos again.

The group have decided that a push at Bechafen is the way to go its its usually best to concentrate force instead of each to his own.

The guidelines are protect Fort G, or Kaltenbach and push hard at Bechafen.

I'm done reporting this round, we had a family round of Mordheim today but I didnt win a single game ! My Tuesday evening game will be too late for the round end.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Round 6 Tactics
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 05:52:03 AM »
I'm going to post my full mod massacre at Fort G. I have a reputation as "defender" to uphold here! :)

- Oscar Wilde