home

Author Topic: Warhammer Age of Sigmar - we killed warhammer  (Read 37427 times)

Offline Jarggo Khan

• Members
Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar - we killed warhammer
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
I imagine people at Privateer Press and other competitors are laughing their asses off seeing AoS  :icon_lol: Rubbing hands and hurrying to jump at the opportunity. My main concern is: if they killed WHFB off this casually, how long will I be able to play 40k?
"Cattle die
kinsmen die 
all men are mortal. 
Words of praise 
will never perish 
nor a noble name."
The Havamal

"No one is a total fool if he can be silent."
The Saga of Grettir the Strong

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 07:06:10 PM »
Oh, long enough. They will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever give their smurfs the shaft. I mean, they added smurfs to the fantasy setting. Sort of.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »
What Syphon says. Indeed, I would even add never ever.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 07:14:33 PM »
Well, never. At least until they raise model counts needed to play the game and then continue to raise prices until no one thinks it's worth it anymore. And then they'll wonder why it doesn't sell and nuke the whole thing.

So, probably not for a couple of years anyway...

Offline angrypriest

• Members
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »
Well, never. At least until they raise model counts needed to play the game and then continue to raise prices until no one thinks it's worth it anymore. And then they'll wonder why it doesn't sell and nuke the whole thing.

So, probably not for a couple of years anyway...

That's the most succinct summing up so far regarding the decline and now death of WFB  :biggriin:

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 07:26:47 PM »
I think I'm gonna call it Warhammer: Age of FUBAR.

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »
So it looks like it's the Warhammer Underground, Oldhammer or Prehammer for me ?
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »
So it looks like it's the Warhammer Underground, Oldhammer or Prehammer for me ?

Even before AoS I played more 3rd ed. than I did 8th.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 10:28:15 PM »
... how long will I be able to play 40k?

I may be wrong, but I thought I reading Harry (Warseer rumor guy) previously posting that big changes were coming to 40k in the future, too. No details, just that there would be changes. Anyone else recall reading something like that?

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 10:29:39 PM »
DO NOT BUY AOS

Hurt GW in their wallet ,

it's a corporate step too far this Heman rubbish ,

If this forum acts and we do not buy , it may be significant
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »
[I may be wrong, but I thought I reading Harry (Warseer rumor guy) previously posting that big changes were coming to 40k in the future, too. No details, just that there would be changes.

Space Marines and Chaos Marines will remain the same. In addition, there will be Tau Marines, Dark Marines, Eldar Marines, Necron Marines, Orc Marines...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 10:42:51 PM »
I quite like it.   it means another new GW system.  I'm currently in campaigns for WFB, 40k, Mordheim, Bloodbowl, Gorkamorka, WFRP, and now AoS.

I'll play both versions of "Warhammer" - 8th and AoS, it means I can play two games with most of my model collection.   But I still think I might start a new AoS army, once we've seen what most of the new stuff will look like, though I already like the Stormcast Eternals.  I think the right paint job, other than shiny, shiny gold will help.  (Although had a go with the new gold paints in the store today, and will definitely be getting those)

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
DO NOT BUY AOS

Hurt GW in their wallet ,

it's a corporate step too far this Heman rubbish ,

If this forum acts and we do not buy , it may be significant

Oh, don't be ridiculous.

Think about it logically. Boycotts only work when people are ticked off about something OTHER than the product. "Boycott this soup company (even though their soup is good) because they said nasty things about people with freckles!" works if there are enough frecklephiles out there.

"Boycott this soup company because their soup sucks" is pointless. Do you really think there are a load of people out there buying AoS even though they think it sucks and are just waiting for some kind of permission to boycott?

People who WANT AoS to fail are already not buying it. People who want it to succeed are buying it.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 11:24:48 PM »
I'll give the game a go and I'm just telling my opponent that we can use the special 'humorous' rules without having to meet the silly requirements that are required--there will be no lifting of goblets on high or riding imaginary horses--it smacks vaguely of LARPing and that shit annoys me.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 11:29:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure that was the idea, Syn Ace. Those requirements are merely humor added for humor's sake (might be a callback to 90's GW as well). The model should be able to use them regardless of moustache size and what not.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 12:22:00 AM »
I vow to not spend a single copper on the AoS pdf. Who'S with me?!  ::heretic::  ::heretic::  ::heretic::

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 12:31:17 AM »
I have no interest in AoS. I might dabble with the new rules, but I'm just not excited by them.

A year from now (if AoS is till around, and if the rules are improved, and if GW releases some compelling miniatures that appeal to me) I may change my mind. It's too early to tell.
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline wilsonthenarc

• Members
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »
I vow to not spend a single copper on the AoS pdf. Who'S with me?!  ::heretic::  ::heretic::  ::heretic::

I was totally planning on spending my $125 and pre-ordering AoS yesterday.
Instead, I spent $50 on Reapers Bones this afternoon.

Offline Dosiere

• Members
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 12:40:12 AM »
im not buying it because I don't want to, not because I have some weird wish for it to fail just because I don't like it. I hope it does succeed, and in the process becomes something I want to play because I know I'll miss playing war hammer.  But I'm not going to throw my hard earned money at now because right now, with the current rules and models, it's simply not something I want to play.  it would be like buying a crap car hoping that with your money the company will make a car that's not crap so you can buy that. 

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 12:45:04 AM »

I was totally planning on spending my $125 and pre-ordering AoS yesterday.
Instead, I spent $50 on Reapers Bones this afternoon.

Bones 3 Kickstarter in a couple days

Offline Dosiere

• Members
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 12:46:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure that was the idea, Syn Ace. Those requirements are merely humor added for humor's sake (might be a callback to 90's GW as well). The model should be able to use them regardless of moustache size and what not.

The problem is that by putting them in the actual rules there is always going to be that douche who expects you to do it.  I can think of two or three at my club, although with possible good intentions, would pressure you into his kind of crap.  They'll go on about not being in the spirit of the game, taking it too seriously, not wanting to have (their kind of) fun, etc..  If I ever do play AoS, I'm bringing my 8th Ed rule book/smacking tool just in case.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 12:54:44 AM »

The problem is that by putting them in the actual rules there is always going to be that douche who expects you to do it.  I can think of two or three at my club, although with possible good intentions, would pressure you into his kind of crap.  They'll go on about not being in the spirit of the game, taking it too seriously, not wanting to have (their kind of) fun, etc..  If I ever do play AoS, I'm bringing my 8th Ed rule book/smacking tool just in case.

Seriously?

I get that you are joking (I hope) but . . . someone asks that you actually play the game as written, and you physically assault them?

And THEY are "that douche"?
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 01:04:36 AM »

Seriously?

I get that you are joking (I hope) but . . . someone asks that you actually play the game as written, and you physically assault them?

And THEY are "that douche"?

Uh oh. You're not that guy are you? Are you going to be the stickler for enforced silliness?
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2015, 01:08:49 AM »
Haha, I remember reading once that the early edition of warhammer role-play actually had it written in the book that you should toss it at munchkins and rules lawyers. :lol:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2015, 01:11:04 AM »
I was joking. Because the pdf is free... :unsure: