home

Author Topic: Historical Kickstarters ...  (Read 31234 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Historical Kickstarters ...
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »
Only a few more days.  And about 500 pounds to reach the next pledge level and have the option for Ecossais command option.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/553354256/28mm-1745-jacobite-rebellion-miniatures?ref=discovery

I'm purchasing a couple of packs of flag finials, although watching to see if adding more figures to my 60 pound pledge will help or not.  It's ok if not, because then I'll have enough figures as is for a group of highlanders and a group of lowlanders.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2018, 04:52:04 PM »
I think I'm just going to stay at the lowest level myself. I mostly want them to use for French and Indian wars style games, as well as a neat change of pace. So I'm not anxious for to many.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2018, 06:11:00 PM »
Gankom ... did you pledge for only 3 packs, and which are you picking?  I'm getting one of each at the 10 pack level for 8 of the packs of four figures each, and then probably going to double up on the lowlander packs so I have enough figures for a unit of each at the 20 figures per unit.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »
It is getting close to the end, and close to the next stretch goal.  I'm contemplating another $30 pounds if it looks like the Ecossais command can happen.

Gankom ... did you see that question above :icon_question:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2018, 06:03:40 PM »
Bingo!  Made it over the next stretch goal. :icon_cool:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »
I did now!

I'm at the lowest pledge level and I'm really just grabbing guys to make a skirmish force so I'm not worried about a full regiment. That would be nice, and would look rad, but alas budgeting and all that. Not to mention the absolute horde of unpainted models already looking at me guiltily...

I'm waiting for the campaign to end to make the final decision. I might be tempted into some of the character models but so far none have really grabbed my interest. I do like the Bonny Prince on his horse but that's already coming I believe. I'm mostly thinking about the Highlanders, and getting one of each different pack. The lowlanders are good, but if I'm getting stuff from the Jacobite rebellion then I feel like I have to go for the loyal Highlanders! I am torn between broadswords or muskets, so I think I might go with Command charging, plus one of each broadsword/musket.

Although the more I look at it, the more I'm tempted to bump up a pledge level to get 5 packs... No! Bad Gankom! Focus!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2018, 10:07:24 PM »
I hear ya on the skirmish force.  And yes, all campaign backers receive the Bonnie Prince figure.

With the Highlanders there are 5 different packs, command, highland firing w/ shirts, highland firing w/jackets, highland charging w/shirts, highland charging w/jackets.  And with the Highlanders in real life mostly all being armed with muskets, if I get more highlanders beyond the initial 5 packs, I'm thinking of getting more with the muskets.

And now with the Ecossais command available, going need to decide how I'm going to fit one of those packs into the purchase.  Fortunately they can be added on as a separate pack as one way, and that might be the way for me to go on these.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2018, 01:25:51 AM »
Ya I really like all the highlander models. I like the ones with jackets a bit better, but I'm not sure if I want the command and two sets of muskets, or Command and 1 musket/1 broadsword. It is a skirmish force so I was thinking a mix, but then I was thinking if I take just muskets it can be a solid little mini regiment in just about any game.

So still going back and forth really!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
Well the campaign deadline won't eliminate your ability to delay that choice. :icon_wink:

But at the $30 pound pledge level you can have more options for a skirmish force.  Besides buying a command, there can be 8 different figures with muskets (jackets & shirts) and 8 with broadswords (jackets & shirts).  But it seems like these could be added after the campaign ends as well, which means a 3 pack pledge could probably add just another pack to have 4 more figures.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2018, 02:48:01 PM »
My final pledge for this campaign ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/553354256/28mm-1745-jacobite-rebellion-miniatures?ref=discovery

... I raised the amount to 101 pounds.

This way I'll order the following:

2 Highland command sets
3 Highland musket sets with jackets charging
3 Highland musket sets with shirts charging
1 Highland broadsword set with jackets charging
1 Highland broadsword set with shirts charging
1 Lowland command set
3 Lowland musket set charging
1 Lowland broadsword set charging

Add ons:
1 Ecossais command set
2 packs of flag finials

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
Your a terrible influence on me GP. I spent way to long planning out a 100 pound pledge after swearing I wouldn't. I will not be tempted!

Probably will stay at the 18 pound pledge level. Then I'll save the what I don't spend and put it towards some fireforge models or something later. As great as the Jacobite models are, I'm still on a pretty strong Vikings or crusader kick.

Edit: Plus I intend to use these for French and Indian war era games like Muskets and Tomahawks. So when I make a skirmish force I want to include some natives and militia with only a small core of soldiers.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »
 :icon_lol:

My plan is to use these for F&IW, and Jacobite Rebellion, maybe even 7YW or Imagi-Nations as well.  I'm also looking toward when this guy does up some British troops, and hopefully some cavalry figures too!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2018, 04:03:25 PM »
Quote Gankom: Your a terrible influence on me GP

Yes. Yes I understand completely. All in the name of good hobbying 😺
Keep it going GP! Your enthusiasm is inspiring.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2018, 04:10:27 PM »
It's conceivable that this might be the most complete line of Jacobite Rebellion figures, and I hope so!

I tend towards small quantity of figure games because of so many varied interests in the hobby.

And projects that are just sitting around begging me to complete them. :icon_lol:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2018, 01:02:20 PM »
Ha!  The campaign just decided to make the Ecossais Standing & Kneeling muskets firing regardless of whether or not they get beyond 10,000 pounds. Yes! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

And so I increased my pledge from the 3 regiment to the 4 regiment level, plus 2 packs of flag finials.

The campaign also went beyond the 9,000 pledge level so another free figure for all those pledging 60 pounds or more, and the free figures are going to be made available as add ons at 2 pounds a piece, so even folks under 60 pounds can obtain the single figure leaders.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2018, 10:48:55 PM »
Well it's over GP and I've managed to contain myself to just the lower pledge. The Royal Ecossais really tempted me as well, but I stuck with the Highlanders.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2018, 10:57:05 AM »
It seems there will be add on options for the single figures and the packs of figures, so ya might be able to pick up a pack of the Royal Ecossais figures, like maybe the standing dudes firing.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »
The Ottoman figures, available through the link provided below,are by the same company that has put out a line of Spanish for the latter age of Tercios.  The Spanish figures might make excellent Estalians, although certainly a later renaissance look, and not an early look to those figures.

Not sure what the Ottomans might make.  Maybe a country in the Border Prince region?

However, if you're into having some Ottomans ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1418344245/ottoman-empire-miniatures/description

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »
Ended up not getting any of the Ottomans. :icon_sad:

Just noticed there's been no posts in this area of the site since June 6th, heaven forbid! :icon_eek:

So ...

Here's the newest ACW Kickstarter ... 28mm Artillerymen in winter gear, and artillery pieces too ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1773971808/28mm-american-civil-war-acw-artillery-in-winter-cl?ref=user_menu

I went for the "battery" pledge of six crews and 6 pieces. :icon_cool:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2018, 08:32:39 PM »
I was also quite tempted by the Ottomans but as they were 'concept' images I had a look at their existing metal Spanish for an idea of how they might actually turn out in metal.
The pics of the painted Spanish are rather distant and not very well painted from what I could see - and the bare metal ones were also rather far away and not sharp images, which put me off to be honest.
There was quite a comprehensive range - 17 units I think, but you would have had to double or treble several up to get enough figures for a decent sized army - too much money on poor presentation for me.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »
I like the Spaniards, and wouldn't mind using them as Estalians too.

But with the Ottomans, I wouldn't have gotten many, and not sure what I would have used them if I had purchased only some.

Plus, I was going through a rough moment in life, and this is one of many items that slipped past without me taking action on it.  Probably best that it worked out that way as well.  Sometimes things are just not meant to be, and that's ok.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2018, 03:55:10 PM »
ACW artillerymen in winter gear achieved their goal ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1773971808/28mm-american-civil-war-acw-artillery-in-winter-cl?ref=user_menu

Not sure if they'll be able to make the stretch goal or not in the next 22 days, it'd be nice to have some marching Confederates, but we'll see.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2018, 01:26:00 PM »
These could be used for historical situational gaming or pulp gaming ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179272384/classic-movie-miniatures-episode-2

I like the whole concept ... however, still deciding what level I'll pledge at.

I like all the figures, so probably at least that. And I'd love to purchase the steamer boat as an add on at the end!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »
Although funded, not much movement on the ACW winter artillery miniatures.

And the pulp figures have also funded, I pledged to at least get all the figures.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2018, 01:11:51 AM »